233 Pham Ngu Lao St., Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• bojomacaraig's Profile Photo

Nice

Elios Hotel is one of the newest hotel in Saigon along Pham Ngu Lao Street in
    District 1 Ho Chi Minh CIty. Pham Ngu Lao is the backpackers/tourist area in Saigon.
    Lots of Hotels, travel agency and other services that cater to all tourist.

I would say that Elios is excellent than Orient Hotel and Empress Hotel in the area. I stayed in those 3 hotels during my stay in Saigon. And I felt comfortable in Elios. Breakfast also very good. there were lots of vegetarian foods.

Unique Quality: friendly staff and crew. very clean and great foods

More about Elios Hotel

Saigon's newest Hotel in Backpackers' area

by bojomacaraig about Elios Hotel

Excellent stay. Elios hotel is the newest hotel in Pham Ngu lao st in HCMC Vietnam.
Pham Ngu lao area is the tourist area in Saigon. There are lots of budget hotels in this area. Excellent buffet breakfast in Ellios Hotel

Elios hotel... fairly good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member cookie-sweetie

Two weeks before our arrival, i was searching the net for hotel that is good with our budget. I had read a review about elios hotel ad that the hotel is fairly new so I checked out their website. I find it ok as it was new and in expat district.
I transacted through email found in their website. I was scared and thought twice when they ask me to give them my credit card number. I had no choice but to give it to them and luckily nothing bad has gone wrong.
I booked a room for 55 USD a night!
Upon checking in, there was no hassle. They found our name and gave us the key. Sadly, we requested for a non smoking room but the room given to us has an ashtray in it. The receptionist insisted its a non smoking floor/ room. Good thing, it doesn't have a foul smell from cigarette.
We stayed at the 4th floor room 405. The room was small. I even bumped my thigh on one of the post of the bed. No windows on that floor too. But you wouldn't miss the window as it gets noisy outside very early in the morning. The room has a queen size bed, a mini ref, table/ dresser, cabinet and cable tv. Bottled water is replenished everyday. The toilet has a shower enclosure, sink and bidet - that has too much water pressure.
The bedsheet on our first day has a dark stain and the comforter had a bad smell.
The breakfast has a wide array of choices. From salads to rice and other viands. There were fruits and desserts. You can choose from soya milk, coffee, tea, orange juice or water. Downside, you have to take the stairs from 11th floor to 12 floor to which the restaurant is located. You can choose from indoor or outdoor breakfast.

Beware of theft

by TripAdvisor Member dulichSydney

I stayed there 3 nights.My bag was searched when I went out,
money (loose change) and a small box containing my Australian sim cards and Sony memory sticks were stolen.I reported to reception and was told the manager was not available.Elios hotel staff ignored me until I called the local Police station . As instructed by Police ,I filed a report with local Police Station and
also made a complaint to HoChiMinh City Tourism Board.Elios
Staff then offered to investigate the problem and promised to contact me later . I was upset because the memory stick and sim having all my momento about the trip and because of Elios Hotel obvious lack of concern and service.
I have had no such problem with other hotels in Saigon.
I will never stay at Elios again and would like to make my terrible
experience at Elios Hotel known to other travelers.

N. Ky

Good Option in Pham Ngu Lau

by TripAdvisor Member FlossSydney

We spent 3 nights at the Elios in December 2007. The room was clean and roomy enough for 2 adults and 2 children with a double bed, a single and an extra bed. The shower and bathroom were clean but the TV reception was bad so the TV was a 'no option' but it didn't really matter as the hotel is in the middle of the lively area with lots of restaurants and cafes around. We had a great view of the park from the room and the restaurant served a great breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful with getting taxis etc. The Elios hotel seemed a little more 'upmarket' for the area but we didn't stay anywhere else. 75USD per night for 4 of us.

Some rooms better than others at the Elios

by TripAdvisor Member NYMary

I stayed at the Elios Hotel in December 2007 for 4 nights during a 6 week trip in SE Asia. It was perfectly adequate though if I visit HCMC again I will most likely look for a different place to stay in the same price range.

PROS
-Included buffet b'fast of good Vietnamese choices and very basic American fare including made-to-order eggs
-Sweeping city views from rooftop restaurant
-Good location. Considered backpacker area but starting to be more upscale
-Convenient to casual restaurants, bars, shops and the city center is a 20 minute walk or 20,000 dong taxi ride away
-Mini fridge in room
-Very responsive desk and housekeeping staff; notably pleasant and friendly door and restaurant staff
-Boiling hot water delivered to room upon request (for teeth brushing)
-Good laundry service
-Free lobby area internet access and cafe/lounge-like area w/ large screen tv and hostess
-Attractive lobby w/ wall to ceiling window and sitting areas

CONS
-Bathroom smelled so musty/mildewy I had to keep the bathroom door closed
-No free bottled water
-My room (707) had a window facing a draftway so no natural light or view
-The tub/shower in my room was raised several inches from the floor so it was a challenge to get in and out....particularly sketchy with wet feet. I consider myself fairly active so someone w/ back, leg or balance issues may have a problem with this
-While there is an elevator in the hotel it does not reach the top floor where the restaurant is...you have to walk the last flight

My friend also had a room at the Elios and hers (603) was a little nicer than mine. She did not have the problems I did with the bathroom...she had a shower stall w/ no tub so no problems getting in and out and her bathroom didn't smell. Unfortunately the property was unable to accommodate my request to change rooms until my third night by which time it wasn't worth it to me to pack my things and move.

We love the Elios!

by TripAdvisor Member emsacramento

Great location and fantastic, helpful staff. Email [-]to make a reservation. The rooms are clean, nice design; great beds and linens; hot water with good pressure. AC worked well. Free breakfast is good and there is plenty of it. Nice view from the rooftop restaurant (depending on the smog!).

Bellhops got us good, fair taxis and front desk helped with booking reservations in our next destination.

Overall, highly recommended, and at $55USD per night, a real bargain.

Great

by TripAdvisor Member sunlover03755

Elios is a new hotel in district 1 of HCMC. The lobby is spotless and beautiful. The A/C was appreciated as were the many leather couches, chairs and tables. DSL internet and 3 free computers are in the back of the lobby (with free bottled water delivered by the staff). Check-in was simple and professional. The staff spoke good English.

The rooms were adequate in size and very comfortable. The bathroom was nicer than mine at home (and my wife notes that ther is a hair dryer in the bathroom)! All tile and marble with Western toilet and shower. The bed was comfortable with nice linens. The TV was high def with too many channels to count. There is also a spacious in room safe.

The breakfast is extensive, but mainly focussed on hot foods that I would consider more dinner foods (asparagus and crab soup, chicken, beef, fish, caesar salad), but the ever present french bread, marmalade, strawberry jam, butter and fruit was also available.

It is on a fairly busy street, but most in HCMC are crazy. It is about a 5 minute walk to the Ben Thanh market and about 20 minutes easy walk to Dong Khoi street. There are many options to eat nearby (Sawasadee almost directly over from the hotel on Le Lai St. serves great Thai and Sasa at 242 De Tham St. which had the only Vegetarian menu).

I would stay here again without question.

by antslayr

Has anyone stayed at Elios Hotel located on pham ngu lao? Any comments would be appreciated. It looks like a decent place from their website.

Re: Elios Hotel

by boneynguyen

Hi

There are numerous of mini hotels around Pham Ngu Lao, Saigon.
Last time I stayed at Dung hotel. It was nice and clean, the host were warm.
email: trinhthidungvn@yahoo.com