28/12-14 Bui Vien St., Pham Ngu Lao Ward, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Agoda.com Booking.com

More about Lac Vien Hotel

HCMC Best Budget Stay

by jeffreychan about Lac Vien Hotel

Staying at Vietnam - HCMC Lac Vien hotel is totally cool for budget stay.

I stayed at superior room which come with a bathtub, queen size bed, decent 21" TV, mini fridge, etc.

Staffs are friendly and helpful. Most of them can speak English well.

You can get necessities nearby this hotel. Ben Thanh market is just 10 - 15 mins walk.

Most importantly, it's located far away from noisy traffic. You can sleep in peace.

As for complimentary breakfast, I preferred American breakfast out of 6 types which this hotel can offer. Nothing fascinating....Ya! There is wifi at the cafe...big deal! Nothing to complain for budget hotel

First time at Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City

by jeffreychan

"My experience at Vietnam"

Vietnam

Feelings before reaching Vietnam – HCMC

My girlfriend and I have planned for the 5 days trips at HCMC. We are looking forward for new experience and surprises at a total different in everything as compare to Singapore. To be frank, I did feel uncertain and insecure about this free & easy trip. We are on our own facing language barrier and tourist traps.

After touch down

After touch down, you can see a very simple arrival hall of the new HCMC airport. Taking a taxi is easy but choosing one is not. It’s should be around 80000 to 100000 VND to get to town. For my case, the taxi fare cost me at 80000 VND as I’m staying at Lac Vien hotel.

It’s a very good opportunity to see Vietnamese culture while you are on your way to hotel so do not fall asleep!

Getting around in HCMC is easy but not the traffic. You might think that the riders and drivers will obey the traffic rule…my foot! We have to watch out for riders on the road and sometimes on the pavement! As long as no sudden movement while you are crossing the road….shouldn’t be a problem. Honking is not a problem at HCMC cos they like to use it very often which end up noise pollution.

Tips:
1) Choose hotel that locate far away from traffic. You sure can’t sleep in noise of honking.

2) Try local food – best the street vendor.

3) Must try Chu Chi Tunnel. As for Mekong river….if you have enough time or nowhere to go.

4) War reminants is a must go!

"Chu Chi Tunnel, Mekong River & City tour"

"Water Puppet Show"

VinaTaxiVinaTaxi

Saigon City CenterSaigon City Center

The movie - Cinema - TheatreThe movie - Cinema - Theatre

Banh Beo Tom Chay Nem ChaBanh Beo Tom Chay Nem Cha

Lac Vien Hotel in HCMC?

by palliechen

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Vietnam in mid May with 5 others and I am wondering if anyone here has stayed at Lac Vien Hotel recently? Could you give some feedback about the place or would you recommend some other hotels nearby? Thank you!

Elios Hotel

by dentanviet

Hi.

I recommend you stay at elios hotel rate around 55 usd net (www.elioshotel.vn)

Happy travel

by cjmrun

Has anyone stayed here or know info about this hotel? It is newer and in the Pham Ngu Lao area.

Craig

RE: Lac Vien Hotel

by JonnyVN

From lonely planet
Apart from the stylish facade, the first difference you'll notice is the lift! That's right, you won't have to face the 100-stair climb so common in slightly cheaper places. Rooms are quite stylish and all but the cheapest have windows. Those on upper floors have impressive views of the myriad surrounding rooftops. There are other little touches that make the Lac Vien stand out: free wi-fi Internet if you're staying on the first couple of floors; larger TVs than normal; tubs in many bathrooms and, in the 'VIP' rooms, a DVD player. Breakfast is included in the price

RE: RE: Lac Vien Hotel

by cjmrun

Yes, I lonely planet picked my interest on this hotel. Looking for actual people who have stayed here or looked at it. Thanks

hotels

by mthl79

Hi all,

I was going through some hotels in the web and came across this hotel - Saigon Mini Hotel, review looks good on the web and it only cost USD 16, has anyone stayed there before, or is there others hotels that it's recommended, probably around USD 30-40

thanks

by balhannah

Hi! I stayed at the Spring Hotel earlier this year. I was very happy there. I have photos and review on my Ho chi minh page. Cost about $46 american.

by enjey

we stayed at Lac Vien Hotel when we were there last month. Good location. Our reservation was $33, but when we arrived, we were told the only room they had was $28 - no window. We still took it and the no window didnt bother. Hotel is very nice and clean. Comes with free set breakfast, i think 5 choices - american included. Their website says they have wireless internet but we didnt bring a laptop so i cant guarantee that but they have 2 computers at the lobby - free for guests.

by traceyspacey

We found that accommodation in Vietnam to be of excellent value. We stayed at Hotel 64 (Madam Cuc) last year and paid 18$ for a double room, which had a double bed, single bed, satellite tv, fridge etc. Please feel free to look at my pages for further information.

I have just looked at the hotel that you are asking about. It does look great but I can't find it priced for 18$? More like 30-80$ (depending on whether it's 1, 2 or 3).

by daawgon

I don't know about the Mini, but I have heard others say it's fine. Many guesthouses in this price range will price their cheaper rooms with no window like 16.-18., and the nicer rooms 25. and up. I stayed at 2 hotels in Saigon, and the best was the Bich Duyen w/window for USD25. (they also have windowless rooms). The Bich was exceptional because of the manager - he treats his guests like royalty and makes friends with all. Other good places include the Hong Han and Blue River Hotels (actually small guesthouses).

Travel Tips for Ho Chi Minh City

Who Was That Masked Rider?

by Unknownsu

When in HCMC, you'll quickly notice men, women and children wearing facial protection ESPECIALLY the women. The two main reasons for this is due to the pollution in the air. District Saigon isn't even half as bad as, say, District 11. If you have sensitive lungs, please consider this as an option.

The second reason is none other than beauty itself. 3 months in Vietnam and the sun can take its toll on your once fair skin. If you knew Vietnamese ladies' attitude towards tanned skin, you'll quickly understand that on no account do you ever compliment a Vietnamese woman on how tanned her skin is.

Travel how the locals do in the delta!

by neurochic

I highly recommend taking a side trip from Saigon down to the Mekong Delta, either My Tho or Chau Doc. Alot of the local travel agencies can book you a one day trip for only a couple of US dollars but you can't beat the experience of riding in a small boat the size of a canoe along the Mekong Delta. It is a bit of a tourist trap how they take you to several of the nearby islands off of Saigon and want you to buy items supposedly native to those specific islands like honey and coconut candy, but the experience is worth it.

Cheaper than Ben Thanh

by perseushermes about Andong Market

Its definitely cheaper to get stuff from here than Ben Thanh. BUT the variety is less. However, I noticed that the handicrafts are much more here and the best thing about is that there arent many tourist coming over to this side of town. So the vendors are much less fussy to "jack" up the price and much more willing to offer a good price for their wres. YOU STILL HAVE TO BARGAIN tho'

I got this nice "painting" in semi precious stones. If you have more time in HCMH, do spend time here. You won't regret it. This market is in District 5 which beyond the ever popular District 1 (touristy area)

If you want you could try Ben Thanh Market which is a bit higher priced than here. If you want Paintings, this Ben Thanh or Andong market is NOT the place to get it.

Other Interesting HCMC Places Handicrafts
perishables
Painting
Model ships You have to bargain. Start at least 40% from the price you are quoted

Comments