Luan Vu Guest House

5/2 Bui Vien Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Luan Vu Hotel
Booking.com Agoda.com HostelBookers.com

• Traumatizing stay in this hotel! Money was stolen.

after a day of walking around the city. When we checked in, there was hair in the shower drain and one of the complimentary soaps was already opened. It really grossed us out. I'll never stay in this guesthouse ever again!

Unique Quality: Don't stay in this hotel! The cleaning staff stole our money even if we didn't ask to have our room cleaned. I have an extra $100 bill inside a pocket in my bag for emergencies and when we came back one afternoon, it was gone. When we asked the manager, she insisted that it has never happened before so they didn't do anything about it at all. Also, they don't have any elevators and they put us in the fifth floor so we had to carry our luggage all the way up. It was also really tiring to return to our room
    after a day of walking around the city. When we checked in, there was hair in the shower drain and one of the complimentary soaps was opened. It really grossed us out! I'm never staying in this gueshouse ever again. It was really traumatizing.

Directions: Bui Vien St

• gina550's Profile Photo

Very clean!!!

Luan Vu Guesthouse is situated in an alley along the backpackers area which makes it quite difficult to locate however, you get the peace & quiet you need after a hot day touring the city. The rooms are very clean. You have to leave your shoes at the foot of the stairs to maintain the cleanliness. They have English-speaking staff who are very accommodating & helpful.

Unique Quality: The owner, Cam Thi, is very hospitable. When he learned that our flight out of the city is late in the evening, he allowed us to leave our luggages at the lobby the whole day & take a shower before going to the airport.

Directions: From Tran Hung Dao St., take Bui Vien St. on the left. Look for the Luan Vu signage on the left side after the first corner.

• chicabonita's Profile Photo

Centrally located, very clean

After all the good reviews on Bich Duyen Hotel we originally wanted to stay there but as it seamed to be fully booked and we didn't get an answer to our e-mail we looked for another hostel and found Luan Vu. I booked the hostel on hostelworld.com and we weren't disappointed at all!

We had a wonderful stay here. The hostel had a familiar atmosphere. The staff was great and very friendly and helpful! Breakfast was included and the room had everything you need and were incredibly clean. As one of our backpacks was missing we stayed one day longer than plan. Cam Thi called the airport several times to get news about our missing back what we appreciated very much!

Also after our stay I received an e-mail from Cam Thi thanking us for our stay and wishing us good luck. Very very nice!

Directions: in a small side street just off Bui Vien road in the heart of the backpacker area

• adaonl's Profile Photo

Saigon on $6 a night - Luan Vu Guesthouse

Booked from Hostelworld.com the night before through their online interface, although I believe its available on other hostel sites.

Short list:

Costed me $6 US per person twin share. Private room is another story of course.
    Budget accomodation, so no soap, toothbrushes, etc are provided. Just toilet paper and towels.
    Crisp, ice cold air-con. Fridge with nothing in it (for drinks see the ladies downstairs)
    Everything was clean - bed, linen and bathroom.
    Located in a small dark alleyway opposite Madam Cuc 64 on Bui Vien, thus shielded from some of the noise of saigon, particularly the blaring music from the gogogo cafe nearby.
    One PC with internet downstairs.

Had to climb up for flights of stairs with my luggage.

Functionally great. Aesthetically neutral.

Unique Quality: Its partially shielded from the saigon's and in particular pham ngu lao's noise so you can get some sleep.

Directions: Head to Pham Ngu Lao (taxi or motorbike), take a left at Allez Boo and a right at the GOGOGO cafe.
    10 meters up and you'll see Madam Cuc 64 on the right, opposite is an alleyway, and Luan Vu lies within...

• Clodagh's Profile Photo

Luan Vu Hotel Cheap and Cheerful

The Luan Vu is a couple of meters down a lane off Pham Ngu Lao (main back packer street). It is about €6- a night per person. The rooms are big and clean with comfy beds, tv, and nice bathroom. The staff are very friendly and even throw in an evening meal which you share with them, into the price.

Unique Quality: Cleaner than most.

Directions: Just off the Main backpacker street.

More about Luan Vu Guest House

Budget Accomodation? Madame Cuc 64

by adaonl about Madame Cuc 64

Number 2 on my list of budget accomodation in Saigon, where number 1 is luan vu guesthouse.

Has all the same things as luan vu, so you'll get:

- $7.50 US per person twin share a night got me a really spacious room
- Ice cold air con and a fan on top.
- Fridge, TV with all the channels.
- Shiny wooden asian stools and chess/tea table - great for hanging up your wet gear to dry.
- Big, bug free beds with some (relatively) pretty sheets.
- Free Drinks and stuff from the staff downstairs.
- They'll hoist your luggage up to your room with this pulley hook they've got setup going through the stairwell.

The key difference to me however was that it faces the street and is close to the gogo cafe so you'll be listening to U2 and Oasis until 1am at least. Oh and you can hear all the arguments on the street...but I guess that's typical of accomodation in Saigon.

Otherwise, I'd say madam cuc's was somewhat nicer than luan vu's.

Vietnamstay.com or any others?

by Lisa96

G'day all,

One of my friends who had just come back from Vietnam recommended this company to me and, after looking at their website, the hotel rates published seems cheaper than some of the others I'd seen but just want to make sure that it's a legit and reputable one.

Any of your advice would be greatly appreciated

Lisa

by gina550

When I visited HCMC last year, I stayed at Luan Vu Guesthouse (www.luanvugh@gmail.com). I've used hostels.com & asiarooms.com when booking for accommodation. Goodluck!

by Stepwalk

Lisa, I've used Vietnamstay and they were fine: if I remember correctly they take your booking and then you pay at the hotel. However, take a look at Hotels-in-Vietnam site as they are also very reliable and have good prices. Steve

by Marshall78

Our family of 3 (me, my wife and son) had a fantastic time traveling in Vietnam for a month last year and found the hotel prices offered by Vietnamstay the lowest as compared to all the ones we'd looked at. They are much customer-focused and quick with their responses.

Have a great trip!

by Lisa96

Thanks for the feedback. We're developing an itinerary with Vietnamstay.com, so far so good. Will come back with more questions. Cheers.

Lisa