2 Lam Son Square, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, 84, Vietnam

Agoda.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 91% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Real review about PArk Hyatt Saigon Hotel

All rooms offer pool of City views with full luxury amenities. As true sense 5- Star hotel, it is really a host to world class restaurants and bars. Furthermore, Park Hyatt also offers guests the convenience of its Business and Communications Centre with Technology Concierge and up to date facilities. Designer retail shops and a hair salon are located within the hotel; create perfect value of its customers.
    Park Hyatt is honored as the Best Business Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City

Directions: The hotel is located in the centre of Ho Chi Minh City, within walking distance of main tourist attractions, restaurants and parks, overlooking the elegant of Opera House. Tan Son Nhat International Airport is 7km far from here.

• Redhead2524's Profile Photo

Saigon's best hotel

It is a bit expensive but well worth it. This is a world class hotel. you will find better in other countries but for Siagon you will not find a better hotel. The bars and restrants are very nice, the service is outstanding and friendly.

Unique Quality: Lobby bar very relaxing.

• Not cheap but probably the best in Ho Chi Minh

When compared to luxury hotels in Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh just doesn't compare. The Park Hyatt is a beautiful hotel when referenced to others in the city, but it doesn't quite measure up when compared to others in the region. I stayed at the Park Hyatt at the Junior suite as well as its regular rooms. The Park King -- its regular room, is quite small. Although to be fair, compared to hotel rooms in Europe, it is not that small. The suite is a lot bigger and nicer but also double the price. Everything is quite expensive and is in US dollars. The lobby bar is quite nice and has a good atmosphere and live music at night. We had a workshop there and used its banquet and meeting facilities. The operation team was very helpful.

Unique Quality: The best thing about the hotel is its complementary shoe shine and the 24 hours butler service. The hair salon in the hotel is also pretty good. At USD40 for a haircut, you get shoulder and head massage as well and it is very relaxing.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

5 stars for a 5 star hotel !

The Park Hyatt Hotel is located in a prime position in Lam Son Square within easy walking distance to the shops in Dong Khoi street and the Ben Thanh markets.

Our room 313 was located on the third floor which has direct access to the swimming pool. The room was called a deluxe king which had wooden shutters that opened onto the spacious private terrace with table and chairs.

We loved our room mainly due to its easy three steps into the swimming pool and also for having the pool staff close by for cocktails on the terrace.

The room - spacious and extremely comfortable consisting of a king size bed, mini bar, and a good size working desk. The bathroom was huge with a unique glass doors with walk-in shower and separate bath tub. Lovely toiletries, bathrobes and slippers were also generously supplied.

The restaurants - are fantastic extremely modern and ultra chic. There is an Italian restaurant on the 2nd floor which we found to be excellent and a Vietnamese contemporary restaurant on the lobby level where also breakfast is served.

Unique Quality: Swimming pool – The pool is located on the 3rd floor next door to the health spa centre. The pool is large and fabulous with amble deck chairs, the gardens are also lovely which surrounds the pool. There is a café where meals are served and a bar for cocktails. We dined here numerous times as we loved the fried noodles. The pool staff are friendly and extremely attentive.

Laundry – after traveling through Europe before Vietnam we had heaps of laundry which needed to be done. The presentation of the laundry and service was impeccable.

Overall – This hotel is brillant and although expensive it was worth every cent. After a day’s sight seeing and shopping it was just bliss to return to our room and walk straight into the pool for a swim.

Tips – For a special night out treat yourself to Maxims Restaurant located in Dong Khoi street. (wonderful experience). US$ are accepted every where in HCMC and most restaurants and shops prices are listed in US$. Taxis included.

We found it difficult to bargain at the markets and compared to Bangkok or Shanghai slightly disappointing. Some items are much cheaper in the shops in the main street. For example same silk tie – Markets – US25.00 Shopping Plaza – US$8.00 Main Street – US42.00 across the road US$8.00 So one needs to shop around for the best price.

Crossing the streets - dangerous !

More about Park Hyatt Saigon

This has that 'wow' factor

by TripAdvisor Member buggybugstone

Let me start with this...I just left the Park Hyatt less than a week ago. I emailed them at a general address asking for help from the concierge. I assumed it woud never make it to the concierge. It did! I basically named a nearby street that I was walking on and described an art gallery I went to. I then proceeded to describe a paiting I liked. The concierge got back to me with the name, address, phone and email of the gallery and had already called them and described which paiting I was interested in! Yes, that is how they roll at Park Hyatt Saigon

Gorgeous hotel from start to finish. Artwork is phenomal. Just walk around in awe at all of the paitings. Everything is elegant, the lobby lounge and bar, the hotel rooms...just sumptuous decor. The bellhops wear white jackets and white gloves. Very Peninsula Hotel-like. The amenities in the bathroom were above and beyond what you'd expect, the furnishings are modern french colonial...if that makes sense.

Continental Buffet is just that. continental...pretty sparse for what the rest of the hotels offer. But you are just gleaming with delight at the service of the staff, especially the delightful concierges, and your gorgeous room that it can't bother you.

Location is awesome. Park Hyatt put the Sheraton and Caravelle to shame. We checked out both and had drinks at both.

Nothing but a HUGE RECCO!

Best hotel in Saigon

by TripAdvisor Member Fussy

Can only endorse other comments. This is a FAB hotel, really comfortable beds, nice bathrooms, and we are fussy people.... ref other comments, I didn't think overly expensive compared to rest of Far East, ( & v cheap compared to UK!) . We booked Park Deluxe Rooms that looked directly out onto the pool- well worth the premium, (that is minimal given Vietnamese hotel prices) that included a very nice verandah/balcony walking out onto the pool level/gardens. We stayed in both the Caravelle and the Hyatt in our stay- and in our view, Hyatt far better, both in terms of speed of service, pool area (loads of sun- compared to almost zero in Caravelle) that is a welcome relaxation after sight seeing. The food we had on site (Square One, breakfast, pool snacks) was quite delish & affordable. Given it is literally spitting distance from the Caravelle, I would recommend staying here, and enjoying the best bits of the Caravelle , i.e. Saigon Saigon (roof top bar) before staggering home (carefully!) across the street back to bed at the Hyatt. Saigon a great city to spend 2/3 nights in- shopping (bar the "fake stuff") not too special, but hand embroidered cottons well priced - and there's so much to see, seems a shame to spend the time in the shops in any event! .

Flawless, but very expensive

by TripAdvisor Member Carlos_Barcelona

I stayed in the Park Hyatt for a business trip for 3 days. First the negative. When one pays 245 US$ per night without breakfast and without free internet in a country with monthly salaries of 100 US$, one has the feeling to be ripped off.

Now the positive is that the hotel is outstanding, good service, good facilities, charming atmosphere and a Hyatt environment. Just one detail that makes the difference. I had to catch a very early morning flight, so woke up at 4,45. With the hassle of check ut and the lugagge, I forgot my briefcase in the lobby. It contained my PC, passport, etc. I realized upon arrival at the airport. Phoned the hotel and they sent me the briefcase with a hotel car, they refused to send it with a taxi and the employee that brought it accepted no money whatsoever. This detail made me have a good opinion of the hotel. Would I stay there again? I would probably look for a more competitive hotel in terms of price but for those travellers who can afford, the Hyatt Saigon is a very remarkable experience overall.

Buzzing

by TripAdvisor Member GoGlam

The Park Hyatt is not in all of the guide books as it must be quite new and I hadn't seen any information about it except on this site. As we flew into HCMC I perused the inflight magazine and looked at all of the glam photos of other hotels and said to my friend "that looks nice - but were not staying there! " No photos or ads for the Hyatt anywhere. By the time we landed I was begining to wonder, does it exist?? Reassurance came when the guide who picked us up said "Ahhh yes..... the Park Hyatt - a very good choice. It is the best hotel in the city". I relaxed.
And he was right - or close enough for us anyway. From the moment we walked into door it felt different from anywhere else we had stayed in Vietnam. It was busy, buzzing and upbeat. There was a mixture of business people, expat workers socialising and tourists including smart European families with children. The decor and restaurants were beautiful - world class design and the food and the service could not be faulted. We even had a Floor Butler who could often be found lurking outside our door in the corridor. After 2 weeks of Vietnamese food an Italian risotto and glass of Italian red hit the spot. This was undeniably a big hotel and very different from some of the boutique resorts we had stayed at elsewhere, but for a stylish urban send off from Vietnam, it was perfect.

Best Hotel in HCM

by TripAdvisor Member Pincut

The location is great, as evidenced by the concentration of other fancy hotels in this area. The Caravelle - which was HCM's top hotel before the Hyatt opened - is directly across the road. The service is wonderful, and the staff are pleasant and welcoming. A true, grown-up, 5 star experience. Our room was really lovely and had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on in my life - to the point of coma. Literally, I woke up in exactly the same position I had gone to sleep in 14 hours earlier - and I wasn't even jetlagged or especially tired. The only thing I would change about the room is that the safe was not at eye level: you had to bend down top open it. If that's the most serious criticism with the room, then you know things are pretty good.

Comments