Saigon Mini Hotel 7

R408-R409 Cao Trieu Phat Street, Hung Phuoc 1, Phu My Hung, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, 848, Vietn
Saigon Mini Hotel 7

Traffic in SaigonTraffic in Saigon

ice coffeeice coffee

Group Accomodation

by mustardgas

Will be in Ho Chi Minh Nov 2010 and Jan 2011 with a group of 11. Looking for a budget hostel, hopefully in the heart of the action that can cater for this many. Have tried online and many places says nothing available for that number. Where does one get the email addresses of the hostels over there as it all book online stuff? an the email addresses don't show

many thanks

by mikeinvietnam

Are you looking for single rooms for each person, or doubling up? Five or six rooms should not be difficult to find. Even then there are so many hotels next to each other that you could book in two or three hotels. What price range are you looking to pay for single or double occupancy?

by betska

Have you tried:

www.hostelworld.com

On their home page, there is a link that you can click on for group bookings. It might be worth a try.

by mustardgas

MikeinVietnam. Thanks for info. There are 2 families, the configuration of rooms does not matter. Cost about $10 US or less and in the heart of the action.

Many thanks

by mikeinvietnam

Are you talking the price per person or per room? How many people per room? Most places quote prices for two people per room. I would say the minimum for a hotel would be $15 a day for one room for two people. I've never been to a hostel so I don't really know what they include or exclude or how much per person.

The backpack area has the lowest prices for the downtown area and is within walking distance of most activities.

Travel Tips for Ho Chi Minh City

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

by muddybok

Vietnamese Dong (VND) is Vietnam official currency. Anyone can be millionaire in Vietnam.

P/s: Million-Dong-aire!!! Hahah!!

For USD100.00 you may get slightly more than VND 1,500,000 and you may take VND15,000 per dollar for easy calculation.

Jitters on Christmas Day

by Nemorino

Photos:
1. Outside the International Restaurant on Le Loi Boulevard
2. Tan Ba district advisory team in the International Restaurant
3. USO flyer from 1964 (USO = United Service Organizations)
4. Flyer advertising a French film at the Hong Bang Cinema

In a letter dated December 25, 1964, I wrote:

I just took a walk past the Brinks Hotel. It is still standing, the frame that is, but it looks like almost the whole inside of the building was blown out. All the windows are gone, and even rooms at the far corners of the top floors have holes in the walls. Most of the windows were also blown out of the Ambassador Hotel, across the street.

When the bomb exploded, last night about six, I was sitting in the USO, two blocks away, reading the latest two-month-old New Yorker. The blast shook the entire USO, just like the artillery fire that shakes our house in Tan Ba almost every night. Everyone in the USO, with the exception of me and half a dozen others, jumped up and started running in and out and around in circles. It's easy to tell who is from Saigon and who is from the field -- just watch what they do when something explodes.

I spent the evening in a small French movie theatre, on the theory that if there was going to be a Christmas Eve terror campaign against the Americans, that's the last place anyone would think to look.

-- In that letter I don't think I was trying to make myself sound like some sort of fearless war hero, since in fact I am one of the least fearless people I know. But by that time I was rather accustomed to hearing and feeling large explosions, so I tended not to panic as much as some of the others.

Actually the small explosions were the ones that scared me most, the ones that sounded like gunfire. To this day I jump when I hear a firecracker or a car backfiring.

In any case, by evening all the members of our advisory team had calmed down enough to do what we had been planning all along, so we met for dinner at the International Restaurant on Le Loi Boulevard. Our medic even brought his Chinese girlfriend along (second photo).

The next day, December 26, we went out to Tan Son Nhut airport and managed to get a helicopter to take us back to Tân Ba.

I was pretty confused at...

by Dan_DeGoat

I was pretty confused at first, by the naming of the city. I mean, it's now Ho Chi Minh, right? Many locals still refer to Saigon. After a while, I realised that the place is called Ho Chi Minh, but the city centre itself is called Saigon. :)

See how beautiful life can be

by baldurontour

Just take the chance and leave the main streets. Turn into any side street and youu will be in the middle of the real life in...it's not important where you do this. Everywhere you will meet friendly people.

English will however not bring you far, so better to use hands and feet to communicate.

Wrap and Roll Rocks!

by Jennvin81 about Wrap and Roll

This food chain serves all kinds of Vietnamese rolls. You can opt to have ready-rolled items or wrap them yourselves. Most use rice paper for the wrapping, with pork, beef or fish fillings, with lots of vegetables. However, there was a dish that featured beef wrapped in grape leaves! Dip them in the specially made sauces and enjoy! Each dish at Wrap and Roll is affordable, ranging from 25,000-65,000 dong.

Comments