65 Le Loi Boulevard, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Hotels.com Agoda.com Expedia.com

More about Ho Chi Minh City

A hotel cum mall next to Ah Dong Shopping MallA hotel cum mall next to Ah Dong Shopping Mall

Cao Dai TempleCao Dai Temple

Saigon City CenterSaigon City Center

The Banquet RoomThe Banquet Room

travel alone in HCMC

by crisgastardo

This is my first time to visit Saigon... I have researched a lot about where to go and what to do... I travel in tight budget so I intend to stay at Tanh Toungh Guesthouse from Feb 25-27... I fear that I may lost in translation there so I am looking for somebody or someone who can speak english and can give me tips while I'm in HCMC. I plan to have a day tour on the 25th and visit chu chi tunnels on the 26th. By the way, I would like to clear this beforehand, that I am gay, but I am not looking for anything other than travel enjoyment... Just want to have somebody who's familiar with HCMC travel (Vietnamese, preferably) and tours to assist me, even virtually. Thank you so much.

by daawgon

Suggest you contact Saigonhotpot for their free student tours - they do this in exchange for English practice. I took one of their tours last year and was very satisfied.

saigonhotpot@gmail.com

by truonggiang

Hi there!

I do not live in HCMC but Mekong Delta. If you come to Mekong Delta or need help in translation then drop me a message. Hope you have a nice trip.

by angel72330

Hi there, it's nice to know that u're going to visit HCMC. If u need a local friend to give u tips on travelling around hcmc, i think i'm very please to help. I can show u around when u get to hcmc. U can contact me via email angel72330@yahoo.com and ask me anything u wanna know b4 coming to hcmc. Cu Chi tunnels is really a smart choice of u, i bet u will like it. Nice to meet ya. See ya soon ;)

by crisgastardo

I would love to meet you however I dont have much time to reach Mekong delta... I plan to have the city day tour on feb25 then chu chi tunnels in the morning of feb26... I plan to cross border to pnom penh that afternoon and be back to hcmc on the 27th for the souvenir shopping. is it safe to cross border nowadays?

by crisgastardo

hello angel...thank god for sending you to me...

but is it okay with you to be my new friend and guide in touring around hcmc? and may i know in advance how much will that cost me to have a very beautiful lady tourguide?

by tameroa

do you have multi entry visa? if not don't cross border. I am here this month on tight budget too..stay in hcmc...many nice things to do but you not have time for that. If you have time, we can spend evening one hour boat cruise dinner downtown or go to coffee bean house. My friend is trusted guide..we can accompany, just for something to do.

Travel Tips for Ho Chi Minh City

WARNING: The Reah Sihn Cafe

by angieaustralia101

Just a warning to prospective tourists in Hanoi. My family and I recently travelled there and booked a tour to Halong Bay through The Real Sinh Cafe. Not only did they not turn up to pick us up on time for the tour - meaning we missed our boat - they also refused to refund our money. When we complained, I was struck in the face by the manager. I am a petite woman. While we were there other travellers came in claiming they had been threatened with broken bottles and having their passports stolen on their Halong Bay cruise booked by this man. My assault was reported to police and he was charged. This man is both dodgy and dangerous. Everything else

Vietnamse

by yuet29

Some useful Vietnamese word..

Kam En (thank you)
Sin Loik (sorry)
Baun Nyiur (how much)
Dat (expensive)
Kuah (very)
dat kuah = very expensive
kong (no)
tam biet (bye bye)
Ao Yai (vietnamese costume"ao dai")

Cho Lon in HCMC is pronounce as 'ja len'. Cho means market and lon means new. Cho Lon = new market.

Cu Chi Tunnel pronouce as "die dao gou ti"

Vietnamese is very unique and sounds nice to me.. they use nose to pronouce most of the word.. very interesting

Goodbye to Saigon

by Nemorino

Photos:
1. Street life in Saigon 1995
2. View of Saigon from one of our hotels
3. Me at the Cu Chi tunnels

My fifteenth visit to Saigon was in also in August 1995.

On the evening of Friday, August 11, Nick and I returned from our three-day Mekong Delta Tour, which we were very satisfied with.

On Saturday we spent the day in Saigon and on Sunday we took a day trip, again organized by the Sinh Café, to the Cao Dai temple (their "Holy See") at Tay Ninh and to the Cu Chi tunnels, which turned out to be not far from Tân Ba, but in a different province.

We returned to Saigon the same evening. The next day, August 14, 1995, we flew from Saigon to Singapore and then home to Frankfurt am Main.

Business in Vietman

by keeweechic

Today, more and more foreign businesses are investing in Vietnam and setting up offices and factories there. You should set up appointments prior to your visit and exchange business cards with both hands. Lunches can be long in Vietnam so therefore it is better not to schedule appointments between 11.30am and 2.00pm. However offices do tend to open early (7.30/8.00am) and close around 5.00pm/6.00pm.

Street Scenes in HCMC

by bpacker

The most interesting thing about HCMC is the contrasts in cultures. One moment you'll see a cyclo rider in a conical peaked hat, in another you'll see a wedding couple, all decked out in their Western finery, posing by the Cathedral.

To see more pictures on HCMC's street scenes, check out b'packer's hcmc page

Comments