88 Dong Khoi Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Agoda.com Sheraton.com Asiatravel.com

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• iclee's Profile Photo

Best business hotel in Ho Chi Minh

April 2009: Stayed with hubby during one of his biz trips in HoChiMinh and met a lot of wonderful staff (including a Filipino Director for Rooms and the tall amiable Executive Chef). Room service was prompt and appropriate (you just need a lit bit of explaining in describing stuff like sanitary napkins, down pillows and shaving kit). They did not stay a tad bit longer as some staff do as if waiting for tips. The staff of Saigon Cafe bused out used plates very promptly, sometimes too prompt (that's in my Saigon Cafe Restaurant page).

Facilities in room were bedside controls (inc push button curtain control), hot water carafe, coffee maker, plush towel robes, shower cube with shower heads for your head and body, bathtub with its own shower head, shaving mirror, ironing set, wall attached blowdryer, full body mirror, swivel TV, laptop desk with swivel lamp, the usual set of moisturizer, bath gel, shampoo, conditioner, vanity set, shampoo cap, mending kit, toothbrush kit. I find the water closet a bit hard to flush. And the shaving mirror attached to the wall too high for my 5'4 frame. The pool was too shallow but big enough to be enjoyed by a lot of people.

A block away from Opera House, various restaurants and 30 minutes away from Saigon's Tech Park in District 9, this hotel is a suitable business hotel. We got the wholesale biz rate of $170 thru my hubby's company. A hotel website shows them at $292/night. Internet rate per day is an add on item. Service tax is 5% while Value added tax is 10%.

Unique Quality: Great location. Minimart infront; french, thai, indian, vietnamese and chinese restaurants all within a block radius; money changers nearby.

Near tourist spots. 1 block away from Opera House, abt 4 blocks to Benh Tahn market and Post Office.

World class chinese restaurant (Li Bai). Do not miss their buffet lunch dimsum at $21++ I was surprised to hear they have a Vietnamese executive chef.

Chocolate plate with a tiny but fabulous blueberry cheesecake for long staying guest.

Choice of down, feather, synthetic, rubber pillow. Green option of guest choice to change sheets and towels.

Appreciate the security that screens and removes unwanted elements like prostitutes. From 9pm, only registered guests are allowed up the guest floors. Elevators need access cards. Security people are openly roaming the lobby and frequenting the guest floors.

The aromatherapy scent wafting as you walk inside soothes the senses.

Directions: Thirty minutes away from Tan Son Nhat International Airport. A block away from Opera House along Dong Khoi st. Corner of Dong Khoi and Dong Du Streets.

• ASEANTRAVELS's Profile Photo

Great Location But Not so Nice

The Sheraton is large, well-located, immaculate, and one of the tops in Ho Chi Minh City. However, I wouldn't stay here as the staff make me feel unwelcome. First, the lobby is huge - like an airport - with tons of staff just standing around. Have you ever been to that mom and pop store where the staff follow you around to make sure you're not shoplifting? Even though I was well-dressed - but waiting in the lobby for someone - security came over to me, hovered, and asked if they could help me (I was admiring some wall painting). I said, "Thank you; no." I did not feel welcome.

Unique Quality: They do have a nice gym - next to their outdoor pool. And the more expensive towers wing has been recently updated - looks like a "W".

Directions: Right in the middle of the tourist area.

• northernbaldy's Profile Photo

Very Comfortable Hotel

This is a very comfortable full service hotel. In a city such as the chaos of Ho Chi Minh City, this is an oasis in the heart of the City.

Unique Quality: The bar on the rooftop offers great views but be prepared for the high prices.

There's also a 'casino' within the hotel, but not a casino as I would know it. All of the card tables are actually computerised i.e. if you choose to play blackjack, you sit at a table as normal but all of the players have computer screens in front of them built in to the table and they play the computer - due to the Vetnames gambling laws.

The hotel is what you would expect from a Sheraton - comfort and service but with a price tag associated with it e.g. they can organise tours to the tourist sites but will charge a premium compared to organsing them outside of the hotel

Each restaurant that the concierge recommended lived up to its billing.

Would recommend this hotel and it is in a great location.

• johnetaylor1962's Profile Photo

A fab luxury spot in the city

a terrific stay, staff amazing, good pool, and a room with a good view of the city.

Unique Quality: The spa must be visited if you want real quality at relatively cheap prices. Just lay back and enjoy!

• Not What I'd Expect From a Sheraton!

I have stayed at this hotel 6 times in the past 15 months. All stays were for several days with the exception of my last stay when I checked out after two nights. All of my stays were on the Exectuive Floor(s).

The staff, in general, are very nice with the exception of the desk staff and security (who are everywhere!). The staff on the executive floor are wonderful but that's what they're being paid for. The desk staff are borderline rude and the security staff are like nazis. The hotel will not allow visitors after 9 p.m. unless you pay $100 (on top of the $200 they already charge you!). I felt like I was a child and the staff were my babysitters - very condescending and borderline insulting.

The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The bathrooms are laid out nice and if everything worked - they would be wonderful. In 50% of my stays, I was put in rooms (three separate rooms) where I could not get hot water out of the shower. During my last stay, I complained and they said someone wouild fix it. I got back that same evening and was subjected to another cold shower. The next morning I checked out never to return.

I will not return to this hotel as I consider hot water a basic fundamental and the security is prison-like! Especially at $200 USD per night.

Unique Quality: Great location, nice rooms, good happy hour in the Exec. Lounge & good staff in Exec. Lounge.

Directions: 1 Block away from the Opera House - great location.

• Dy2005's Profile Photo

The Best Hotel in HCMC

I always stay at Sheraton whenever I'm in HCMC and they have one of the best service staff in Vietnam. They never fail to brighten your day with a nice smile and are always so polite! The wine bar at Level 23 (outside area) has one of the nicest night view of HCMC (next to Caravelle's). I would definitely recommend Sheraton to people if you have a generous budget for accommodation. Otherwise, you can always order a nice Strawberry Kiss (my fave) or a bottle of nice Corona beer and enjoy the great evening!

Unique Quality: Excellent location! Sheraton and Caravelle Hotel are in the best location in town. Basically, almost everywhere you need to go is just a stone's throw away (eg. Notre Dame Catheral, The Post Office, Ben Thanh Market, The War Remnants Museum etc). Couldn't find a better location than Sheraton!

Directions: Just next to Caravelle Hotel (which is also one of the best in town).

• NeverGrowOld's Profile Photo

A SHERATON IN SAIGON

Strengths: Newest 5 star hotel in town. Previous reputation (Starwoodhotel). Largest ballroom with many smaller function rooms. Luxurious guest rooms. Good food. Good location. Good service
    Weaknesses: Expensive

More about Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers

Great experience overall

by TripAdvisor Member ThePumpkin

I stayed at the Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers for 1 night in August at the end of a tour of Vietnam. It was a wonderful way to finish off a trip. I stayed at the Sheraton in Hanoi on West Lake at the beginning of my trip and I was impressed by both. The service was excellent, the rooms were of an impressive standard and the facilities were what I expected from a 5-star hotel. I am a travel agent and travel fairly often. It seems to me that people can be overly critical of hotels and their staff in particular. While few experiences are perfect, I can thoroughly recommend a stay in this hotel either as a business or leisure traveller.

Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member ACLosAngeles

We stayed at Sheraton Saigon at the beginning of our trip to Vietnam & Cambodia and on our very last day before returning home. The service is outstanding and it begins from the moment your car pulls up to the front door: several bellmen are available to unload luggage; there are greeters at every entrance who hold open the door and say hello; there are several "suits" (managers?) also greeting you and directing you to the front desk to check-in. After a 20 hour flight, we were grateful that we didn't have to think about anything and we felt so well taken care of! The breakfast is wonderful (also, there are many rates on the internet that include breakfast - some are even lower than their regular rates). The breakfast was more like a brunch: variety of cereals, fruits, juices, eggs, potatoes, crepes, breads, cheeses and that delicious Pho! The rooms are lovely,
large, with nice bathrooms. I highly recommend a stay here!

how much doing spa or massage in sheraton saigon hotel

by christineng

pls let me know which spa or massage is comfortable & resonable price. how much in dong doing spa or massage. thks! urgent !

by mikeinvietnam

First you ask about Sheraton's massage facility then you ask about spas in general? If you send the Sheraton an email they will tell you the cost. Not many members will know that sort of specific information. Maybe Sheraton's website even has the price.

There are so many popular Spas around town with a whole range of pricing. Sorry to say this again, but look for Saigon Spas on google.

by sarina8

why not u go to mui mui spa....

it reasonable price.....

by NamMai

First you can get the price easily on there web site:http://www.sheratongrandtower.com/ and for further information you can access to this web:http://www.holidaysvn.com/news/detail/saigon-spa.htm. You will have more choice.

Have a good trip