44 - 46 Le Thanh Ton St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Hotels.com Agoda.com Travelocity

• neris29's Profile Photo

Spring Hotel

Spring Hotel is a great hotel for those who are looking for a hotel in a central location at a reasonable price. The hotel is about 3 stars. While relatively basic, it is very clean and as all the essential amenities. It is a just a 5 min walk away from Parkson and the major shopping district. Breakfast is not a buffet but you get to choose from various Western and Vietnamese sets, which will more than fill you up.

Unique Quality: Quiet location but central and easy access to the major shopping centres.

• Spring Hotel

Please do not compare this hotel with a 5-star hotel!

For the price we paid, we would say our stay in Spring Hotel was EXCELLENT...

Service was impressive. The staff spoke good English and were helpful. We were amazed with their excellent memory. They remembered us by face - we never had to say our room number when getting room key from the reception. They also arranged our day tours. Never once did they make a mistake. They even reminded us to be careful with our belongings. All these added a personal touch.

Location was terrific. We walked to all places in District 1.

Room was small and simple, but adequate and clean.

Price included breakfast. Free internet at the lobby. Free wi-fi in room.

We will definitely stay in Spring Hotel on our next visit to HCMC.

Directions: District 1

• balhannah's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel in quiet area

The Spring Hotel Hotel is in one of the quieter streets in the city.

* My room was large, with large windows for a nice view.
    * The bathroom was small, the thing I didn't like here, was no curtain for the small window.
    I was high up on the 7th floor, looking out, I could see people in their units, so obviously, they could see me.
    * Airconditioning was good, a neccessity in this city.
    * Breakfast was good, a huge meal.
    * The staff were nice and helpful.
    * The Hotel was very clean.
    * Its an easy walk to the markets.

I was travelling alone, and felt very safe walking in this area, even at night time.

Unique Quality: Very clean, a nice elegant hotel, for a reasonable price. Huge breakfast.

Directions: Near major attractions

• saracen's Profile Photo

Great Hotel in Great Location

Excellent hotel - really friendly staff who all speak good English.

Nice, classical decor, the lobby and halls being well designed, as are the rooms. There are several types of room - we were in a deluxe room at first. This was really nice, clean, well decorated and good bathroom. Later we moved to a first class room which was really a suite, again a great room.

Breakfast, included in the room rate, is a la carte, very plentiful and filling. You choose an omelette or eggs with toast or baguette, or noodle soup. Also a fresh fruit platter and tea/coffee or juice is on offer.

Free wifi is available throughout the hotel. 2 free terminals are available in the restaurant at all times.

Unique Quality: Great location - 2 minute walk to the centre, lots of restaurants nearby. The price, for such a great place, was very reasonable.

Can't say enough good things - first class hotel.

• stmlnyc's Profile Photo

Spring Hotel

It is mostly young, Bohemian, backpacking
    type of tourists around Pham Ngu Lao Street, the hotels offered are of relatively good quality. Can get a decent room for $5 and $10 with air conditioning. But you can bargain the prices down to $8 or $9 depending on lenght of stay. Please be reasonable, they are trying to make a profit!

I stayed at the Spring Hotel right at the busy intersection near Pham Ngu Lao Street. If you don't like the price or room, the owner will show you a couple of other hotels just steps away...seems either it is owned by the same individual or they have an agreement to share customers.

Note that all the hotels in Vietnam (at least that was what I was told and experienced) will hold your passport upon checking in. This is to ensure nothing illegal or 'immoral' happens during your stay.

Unique Quality: A step up above the other budget hotels in Pham Ngu Lao. Negotiated $15 for an excellent air conditioned room.

More about Spring Hotel

We were not satisfied with the hotel

by TripAdvisor Member net11

My wife and I stayed at the Spring Hotel for two nights during our Vietnam trip in March/April 2006, and it was the worst hotel on our trip.

There was a large cockroach in the bathroom when we arrived (it was the only cockroach we saw during the trip). The room was not really clean, and it looked like it had not been renovated or redecorated for at least 15 years.

There is no breakfast buffet, but you can order an egg dish, toast or a roll, and a few other items from the breakfast menu. We ordered the cheese omelette, and it was awful. The roll/toast comes with one tea-spoon of jam; this isn't even enough jam for one slice of toast or half a roll. You get one cup of coffee or tea and have to pay for the second cup. This is the only hotel I ever stayed in where you have to pay for a second cup of coffee.

The staff wasn't always friendly. One evening we went out for dinner but didn't find the restaurant we were looking for. My wife went back to the hotel to ask at the reception for a restaurant recommendation. The lady at the reception didn't recognize my wife and asked her in an unfriendly tone if she stayed at the hotel (as if this was a requirement to get a restaurant recommendation). Only when my wife confirmed that in fact she is a guest at the hotel, the lady became friendly and recommended a restaurant.

Just can’t see why the Spring Hotel is considered a hidden gem…

by TripAdvisor Member TeddyN

I had very high hopes for this hotel having read comments from my fellow reviewers - and I have to wonder whether we're talking about the same place !

First of all, I was promised a room on the highest floor (I still have the email confirmation) but on checking in the offer was withdrawn with neither an explanation nor an apology. I found the bedspread was stained, the telephone was out of order and well, the water pressure in the bathroom was just pitiful. Good thing I only planned to spend two nights there.

In my humble estimation, the Spring Hotel is but a very ordinary run-of-the-mill esablishment and nothing at all special.

Great lilttle find

by TripAdvisor Member clo

We are just home from a fab holiday in Vietnam. We stayed at the Spring Hotel for four nights in total. We found the hotel staff extremely polite and friendly and the breakfast was fine. Bargain at $30 a night for a standard room the delux room was $51 per night. Almost the same as the standard room but bigger. Great location. There is a really nice new bar about 200 meteres down from the hotel. Take a left as you come out of the hotel and its on the opposite side of the road near the Irish bar. Its called Phu Thrang and owned by a Hawian gentleman and his Vietnemeese wife Ali. Great bar and the beers are only a dollar!

The Spring Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City

by petereldon

G’day

Has anyone stayed at the Spring Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City? What were your experience of the hotel.

Ta

Re: The Spring Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City

by balhannah

I have stayed at this Hotel and it was excellent. If you want to read a full review, click on my name 'balhannah' above my photo, then Ho Chi Minh and accommodation, you will find the tip and photos.

Re: The Spring Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City

by locbuuloc

I have stayed here quite a few times and I would say it is good. I like it.

Comments