Tan Hoang Ngoc Hotel

Green City CenterGreen City Center

Municipal Theatre in SaigonMunicipal Theatre in Saigon

Sinh Cafe or TNK Travel for Mekong Delta Tour - Exit Phnom Penh

Good day!

I'm planning a 3-day mekong tour exit to phnom penh. I've heard great reviews from both above mentioned companies. But for the Sinh Cafe's downside, I've heard that you have to take a bus somewhere in cambodia to phnom penh, unlike the TNK which drops you to Phnom Penh directly. Is this true?

Does anybody know how much is the price of Sinh Cafe and TNK for this kind of tour?

Thank you very much!

Benjamin

by lotharscheer

Sinh Cafe's tour to Phnom Penh has good hotels, boats and buses in Vietnam, but the boat toPhnom Penh is very simple (i have a picture at my Cambodia Transportation: Cambodia to Laos travel tip) and for the last hour you have a minibus, US$ 52. TNK is at least $210.

by IndianPacific

Sinh Cafe's two days tour from Sai Gon to Phnom Penh is 110 km bus driving, boat tour on the Mekong, lunch, another 140 km bus driving, overnight stay at a very decent hotel, boat on the Mekong to the border, boat on the Cambodian side, 1 hour of bus to Phnom Penh. Cost in 2005 30 USdollars including single room at the hotel (with private WC, shower, TV, balcony, A/C)

by haydnesque

thanks for all the answers.However, I'm interested to know the condition of Sinh Cafe's boat and bus ride in Cambodia. Is it comfortable? What time do we arrive in Phnom Penh?

by IndianPacific

The boat the first day in Viet Nam is an old traditional one, going slowly. The buses are OK, pretty normal, modern. The boat in Viet Nam the second day is not that comfortable. On the Cambodian side it's a small fast boat. Estimated arrival time in Pnohm Penh is 3 p.m., but it was 6 p.m. when I took the trip. Departure from Sai Gon is 8 a.m.

by lotharscheer

On my Vietnam transpotation tip: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/10d250/7fc/9/#2115150
i have a picture of the inside of the boot, the picture shows about 80 of the inside, it is small, not a cruiseship. The minibus was one of the usual 12seater Totota buses.
I liked the journey, but my 5 year older travel companion was completly exhausted when we arrived in Phnom Penh (6.30 pm).

by lotharscheer

It did take longer because one of the passengers had a visa problem. 80% of the boat, i wanted to write.

Travel Tips for Ho Chi Minh City

Home stay in Mekong delta

by chicabonita

We booked with Innoviet Travel Company a two days mekong delta tour including a home stay. It was an amazing and unforgetable experience.

We were a small group of 4 plus Thang our guide.

We stayed on a island near Tra On. The couple we stayed with were very friendly and in the evening we prepared dinner together. It was a wonderful evening!

The next day we visited the floating market and on the market in Tra On we bought the ingredients for lunch. On the market we were the only tourists! The second day for lunch we stayed with another family. We also prepared the food together. Their home was more modern then the one the night before.

The tour was more expensive than other tours like with Singh Cafe but the money was definitely well spend! Innoviet Travel Company,
158 Bui Vien, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
www.innoviet.com

Wonderful trees in the streets

by volopolo

Wonderful trees in the streets

I never seen before so beautiful streets with trees in my life.

Information
Name: Wonderful trees in the streets
Attraction Type: Trees
Close to: City Center
City: Ho Chi Minh City
Last Visit: December 2010

My Photos
First Photo: Wonderful trees in the streets
Second photo: Wonderful trees in the streets
Third photo: Wonderful trees in the streets
Forth photo: Wonderful trees in the streets
Fifth photo: Wonderful trees in the streets

Eating on the Streets

by Aidy_p

We have been warned not to eat food along the roadside unless you have a stomach of steel. I heeded that advice but was still tempted to try some of the carrot cake that the lady was preparing.

I stood there for about 15 minutes (Not to salivate over the carrot cake, but for my wife to finish her shopping) and actually saw two ladies eating at the "stall".

I'd still wouldn't try especially when she was cooking just at the side of the motorcycle-filled road. But if you're in HCMC for the long haul and don't mind trying out some roadside food, do tell me how it taste. Can't sleep well without knowing the truth!

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

by haydnesque

Dont bring a mallet! Bring a 16L or 8L mounteneering backpack for your clothes and other things when u go to Vietnam. don't forget to bring raincoat so that you can roam around rain or shine. Also bring hiking shoes and rubber sandals.

Not for American Vets!

by neurochic

Okay the Cu Chi Tunnels are a tourist trap. And definitely don't take an American vet here. The whole time I was visiting the site, I couldn't help but think what my vet Dad would have felt coming back here. When you first arrive you are fed a propaganda tape which is quite graphic showing dead American GIs at the hands of the Viet Cong. Also here in these tunnels I discovered that I was clausterphobic. Definitely not a good time to discover this. Also if you don't want to get dirty I don't recommend you going through the tunnels because you get a red clay all over your back. Furthermore, mosquitos attack you out in the forest so bring mosquito spray!

Comments