Tan My Dinh 2 Hotel

32A - 34 Bui Thi Xuan Street, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Ho Chi Minh City

Stalls next to the food stalls selling fruitsStalls next to the food stalls selling fruits

Cao Dai TempleCao Dai Temple

Saigon City CenterSaigon City Center

The Map RoomThe Map Room

ho chi minh

by xuelipie

hello,it's my first time here in VT, I already gave my suggestion to other question like questions regarding bangkok, but i think i need suggestions too :)

because im going to ho chi minh with my friend on the 27th this month but cant still decide where to go. i google the places in ho chi minh but i cant find places that interest me.. so please anyone there.. help me plan our trip. it's my first time in ho chi minh and so with my friend...tell me is it worth going to cu chi tunnel and dan sem park.. where else can we go.. thanks in advance for the reply :)

by SLLiew

I have not been to Dan Sem Park.

Suggest Cu Chi Tunnel and Reunification Palace. You can also try to see waterpuppet show, the two famous museums or even the Cao Dai temple.

You can see my VT tips here

by xuelipie

.. thanks SLLiew... i read the link you gave..its really helpful... i definitely see that tour.. i like your explanation whats inside that tour and thats what i want to know, what will we experience there.. thanks again..

by balhannah

Cu chi tunnels and Cao Dai temple is an excellent day tour. You may like to do the Mekong Delta tour. The markets are interesting. If you are Asian, you may not find it as interesting as an european.
Just click on the names of the people above their photo's, and this will take you to their travel page, and then click on ho chi minh.
Hopefully, you will find a lot more ideas there.
Have a good holiday.

by xuelipie

.. thank you.. now im excited with cu chi tunnel and co dai temple unike before im a ittle hesitant.. i like shopping in the market, i like to go to ben tanh market.. what do u think?

thanks a lot..

by bcatton

I suggest the following places to visit;
Ben Thanh market, obviously a lot of foreigners would visit this particular market, if you have time i recommend visiting other local markets also.
Reunification Palace, (cost 15,000 vnd) although not sure if it's open close to or during Tet holiday (i myself will be in HCMC on the 30th Jan, Tet starts a few days later). I'm sure though with a little research you can find out if it is open.
War Remnants Museum at 28 Vo Van Tan, Dist 3 - (cost is 15,000 vnd, about 50 pence in UK money). Lots to see here and take in, be warned though if it's a hot day there isn't much AC on the lower level, upstairs the rooms are enclosed in glass and also have AC machines.
Ho Chi Minh City Museum at 65 Ly Trong Street in Dist. 1 (cost again is 15,000 vnd) pretty interesting place to go and see quite a varity of different things ranging from aircraft, weaponry and cars outside to archaeological relics inside.
The Post Office, definitely worth a look inside! And also the Notre Dame Cathedral right across from it.
There are many more places to go and see, it all really depends on a number of things such as your length of stay, what you have an interest in seeing and how long you will be there for!

by balhannah

With the tunnels, if you are claustrophobic, don't go down the tunnels. They are very small, and I went down on a very hot day as I am ok, but even so, the heat got to me before I reached the end. There are plenty of exits to get out all the way along. Even if you don't go down, I still found it interesting.
Have a good time.

by xuelipie

.. to bcatton and balhanna..thank u so much... that's really help...

Travel Tips for Ho Chi Minh City

On the way to Saigon

by Nemorino

In a letter dated July 17, 1964, I wrote:

I am now ca. 31,000 ft. over the South China Sea, en route from the Philippines to Vietnam. We are supposed to land in Saigon in about an hour.

The flight has been fine the whole way. The only disappointment was seeing so little of Hawaii and the Philippines; but I wasn't actually expecting to see much. We spent five hours on the ground at Clark Air Force Base near Manila -- from one to six a.m. [ . . . ]

One thing I'll have to do without this week is Thursday. Thanks to the International Date Line we skipped from the 15th to the 17th of July rather quickly. I'm hoping to make up the day on the way back, about a year from now.

We also made a stop at Wake Island, but only stayed for about twenty minutes to refuel. We didn't even get off the plane there.

Land is in sight out the window, so I'll finish writing on the ground.

English Speaking Club

by Blatherwick

There are a number of english speaking clubs in the city where the Vietnamese get together and practice english. My friend brought me to the one at his school and I chatted for awhile. Later, the organizers got me up on stage for 5 minutes so that I could talk to a crowd of 500 people. Tons of fun.

What's with the wires

by easterntrekker

I saw the T Shirts with these wire jumbles on them and wondered what they meant....I only had to LOOK UP to understand.

The wires above ...maybe telco or electric are in the hugest tangle I've ever seen .If there is ever an outage ..how would they find it.

Hotel Toiletries

by walterwu

The hotel room toilet was equipped with:
Toothbrush with toothpaste
Comb
Razor
Shower Caps
Sanitary Bags
Bath Foam
Shampoo
Body Lotion
Sewing Kit The room comes equipped with 1 power outlet (2 round pin) which is insufficient for most electronic equipped guests nowadays.

The nearest beach to Saigon is...

by BorderHopper

The nearest beach to Saigon is the one located at Vung Tau about two hours to the east of the city. It's not as nice as the beaches on he Central Coast but it makes for a great escape frpm the city heat. This is anoter day trip from HCMC and can be done by moto or local bus.

Comments