Xuan Mai Hotel

Agoda.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Xuan Mai Hotel

Excellent service

by TripAdvisor Member GoroandNils

We stayed at the Xuan Mai Hotel for a total of 15 nights while visiting Vietnam in 2008.
It is an extremely well-kept and clean budget hotel in close proximity of the city center.
The rooms are nicely furnished with aircondition and/or fans and tiled bathrooms with cold and hot water.
The staf went out of their way to assist us with the bookings of trains, planes and busses, as we travelled to different parts of the country The owner, Mr. Duc, has lived and worked in the US and has therefore a great understanding for the needs of tourists. We were never afraid that what we said or asked for, should be misunderstood.
Ms. Nangs efforst to make us feel welcome was greately appreciated.
We can highly reccomend the hotel to others that wil visit Ho Chi Minh City and Vietnam.

A true home away from home!

by TripAdvisor Member tuanlai

We, a group of 9 people of Canada, four young children, one elderly gentleman and three adults. There are six of us who have never been to Vietnam before. Staying at Xuan Mai Hotel was THE BEST experience (when it comes to accommodation) we had there. The rooms are pleasantly clean and fresh, the AC and a powerful fan in each room chase the heat away quickly, the morning breakfast is a must do as the people treated us so lovingly and with great care. You can not ask for more than what they have done for guests. There are mornings we just want to sit an enjoy the moment, the life and the rain passing by. The way they care shows the characters within them; politeness, friendliness and professionalism the same time.
The cost is very reasonable, there is also a lift which is so handy for luggages up to the 5th floor. You could ask the Manager for all needed travel information and the wealth of knowledge surely will make one satisfies. We left for the airport at 2:30 AM. The owner showed up tp help and hugged us good bye. He and his staffs certainly have left on our hearts something SO dear, a memory so warm about this land of war-torn but the people of hospitable.

Budget hotel with 5 star quality and service

by TripAdvisor Member Chumsychick

On a recent stay in Xuan Mai with my mom and her friends, we found the service, staff and facilities to be excellent and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. From the moment that we stepped into the hotel through check out, leaving our experience exceeded expectations on all levels.
Xuan Mai is a budget hotel with the service of a five star really! Not to mention the rooms are very clean and well maintained with comfortable beds; the place is centrally located within walking distance to shopping areas, boutiques, church, parks, convenience stores, bars, restaurants, ben thanh market, name it, very convenient location; the staff are all so warm, pleasant, and well-trained especially the front desk people, Ms. Nang and Ngyiea very warm and hospitable as well as the owner, Mr. Duc who very much attended our needs. We feel very much at home during our stay. Oh I almost forgot, they offer complimentary breakfast with choices of american or vietnamese served along with fruits and bottomless vietnam coffee (hot or iced) which is really good.
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely go back for another stay in the future.

A heartfelt thankyou to a wonderful staff and hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member skeeterminnesota

We were very pleased with our stay!! The staff was so very friendly and helpful to us. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was wonderful!! Hopefully we can return to VietNam and when we do we will plan on a stay at the Xuan Mai Hotel.
Derald and Nita Steinbrecher, Motley MN USA

Many Thanks for making my trip home a memorable one!

by TripAdvisor Member Tcampbell32

I, too, agree with Tuan Lai. The Xuan Mai is an excellent hotel and I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Ho Chi Minh City. The staff were so pleasant and helpful. The manager is a a true Customer Service Professional. He treated my kids with the utmost care and taught us a lot about travelling safely in the region. Thank you everyone at Xuan Mai Hotel and Tuoi Tre Newspaper for making my milestone trip back to the homeland a memorable one. I look forward to returning back there soon!

You'd be crazy not to stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member PlanetTravelerJapan

Awesome find in a noisy, hectic city. We checked in and unfortuantley our a/c didn't work-after 45 min we called and were given the option to switch rooms which we jumped at. This was our only blip of our stay. The hotel manager/cook/concerige/operator/front desk clerk/money chnager/tour guide, Duc was terrific, personable, accessible and honest. He's a true gem-hope they pay him well!

Best hospitality in HCMC

by TripAdvisor Member OrygunRocks

We came to stay here after reading all the great reviews on Trip Advisor and Xuan Mai lived up to its reputation. We showed up without a reservation thinking that rooms would be available. However, they did not have a room opening until that evening. When we told them like we were looking forward to getting some downtime, they went out of their way to provided us a room to use for the day. A very nice room by the way, with a strong working AC, about 70 channels of TV, and very comfortable beds. The owner of this hotel is very helpful and runs a fine tuned establishment. His employees are most professional and go out of their way to cater to your needs. For example, when the front desk attendant noticed I was trying to make a Skype call from my laptop, he turned off the television, closed the front doors of the lobby, and even turned the fan in my direction. The breakfast here was great as well. They serve fantastic Vietnamese coffee and the fresh fruit, eggs, grilled meats, and bread provided a great start to the day. Not to mention it is served on an open air dining area on the 5th floor. When we were heading to the airport, the women at the front counter made us a map for bus directions and even wrote a note in Vietnamese for us to give to bus driver explaining where we needed to go. There are a lot of places here in HCMC that offer cheap rates on rooms, however I guarantee that you will not be provided with the outstanding service you will get over at the Xuan Mai.

oh come off it..

by TripAdvisor Member Kalamatta

After reading all these positive reviews, I booked myself a room on my next trip (I'm a frequent traveler to HCMC). Oh come on, the hotel is ok, it's clean, and the front desk is good, but its location is a MAJOR NEGATIVE! Cong Quynh is a bedlam of noise, traffic and narrow two foot kerbs. Stepping out of the hotel means imminent risk of being run over by the crazy traffic or having your phone snatched by a motorist (not that it happens much). I'm amazed that it's ranked #1 on TA for HCMC. The other numerous hotels round the corner on Pham Ngu Lao at least enjoy 10 foot kerbs, and some (not too much! this is HCMC after all) greenery across the road, as well as ready taxis. Oh the Wifi was a snails pace too. Having said that, I would reiterate that the hotel is extremely clean, which is quite remarkable for the price, but the location should offset that.

Excellent services, breakfast; People who really care about the customer

by TripAdvisor Member UofTexTraveller

Xuan Mai is only a budget hotel in price; its services and cleanliness surpass or equals 5 star hotel standards. People have mentioned just about everything great or excellent. I just want to add that even little details are taken at Xuan Mai. All hotels in Vietnam have toilet paper so thin and small that would ""roll"" out of the toilet paper box and towels as thin as cheese cloth.
NOT AT Xuan Maihotel ; there towels are so thick and toilet paper is double ply that would stay where it supposes to stay. I feel very comfortable putting my face on their pillows and dry my body with their towels.

The best Saigon hotel to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Beaucaire

What a great place to stay! Big clean rooms, charming and helpful staff, breakfast served on a terrace, great location. And a total cost of......$20 per night.