Church Hotel

No. 9 Nha Tho Str., Hoan Kiem Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
Church Boutique Hotel Nha Tho
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Hanoi

National War Memorial,Ba Dinh District,Ha Noi.National War Memorial,Ba Dinh District,Ha Noi.

Sunset on Halong BaySunset on Halong Bay

Presidential PalacePresidential Palace

The outside of Hoa La PrisonThe outside of Hoa La Prison

3* Hotel in Hanoi in the old quarter.

by Jayarep

Hi! Once again.I am booked in a Hanoi Capital Hotel,in the Old Quarter.Has anybody stayed there.PLease let me have your frank answers.
Awaiting your replies.
Thanks.
jayarep.

Re: 3* Hotel in Hanoi in the old quarter.

by hanglt

There are plenty of budget hotels around St. Joseph’s Cathedral. Check Hanoi Backpackers or Indochina Hotel great atmosphere, fun bar, free tea and coffee, free internet, and fairly cheap dorm beds
Before checking into a hotel, make sure there is no hidden tax. They’ll probably tell you that every hotel has it, but they don’t, they just want more of your money

Re: 3* Hotel in Hanoi in the old quarter.

by lightsmileandi

Hanoi Capital hotel is a 2 star hotel in Hanoi. It is a nice hotel with nice location (not so crowded but not too far from the lake because it is located in the old quarter). The rooms are nice and big enough. If my memory serves, all rooms have windows which are rarely available at other similar hotels in the small old quarter. The only problem with this hotel is breakfast. It is just a 2 star hotel so do not expect good breakfast at this hotel although they offer buffet breakfast. Other things are good and prices are cheap too!

PS: You can also view and send request to other hotels at the website: http://www.vietnamhotels.org.vn too.

Hope this helps!

Travel Tips for Hanoi

Legend of the Tortoise and Sword

by SLLiew

The lake Ho Hoan Kiem means the lake of the sword returned.

According to the legend, King Le Thai To was given a magical sword by a genie to help him defeat his enemies. After his victory, while on a lake, a tortoise came and took back the sword from the King. Hence the lake was named "Ho Hoan Kiem".

There is a temple dedicated to this legend at the lake.

Halong Bay

by tseman82

Not really sure this is off the beaten path - Halong Bay seems to be one of the major tourist destinations around Hanoi. Anyhow, the scenery is very pretty (although it does wear off). If the option is available, take a kayak out for an hour or so.

A fantastic memento

by ellielou about Women's Museum Store

There is a small shop in the Women's Museum that sells, among other items, small paintings. The paintings are done by a young man who is deaf, and the giftshop is run by a woman who's also deaf. The painter and I 'talked' about where I was from, etc. by writing his small notebook. He was lovely, and it was a great interaction.

I bought a small painting when I was there. I kept admiring it in my hotel room, and though, well, when I get it home, it'll look silly hung on the wall all by itself, I think I'll buy two more! So, off I went, back to the Women's Museum, this time with a friend I had met at the hotel in tow, and I was greated as a long lost friend.

It was really sweet. They threw in a few extras after I bought my two additional paintings, and we posed for photos all around! Really, I couldn't have bought from nicer people! In this case, the small women's heads are great paintings, and easy to pack and carry with you! Around $6.

Cosy Jazz Joint

by bpacker about Emperor Pub

Chi-chi villa setting, cushy couches, pool table, and resident jazz band and a scrumptious restaurant upstairs. Need I say any more? Have a drink here after dinner. Dress Code is Strictly Yuppie ! The expat scene gathers here

The Night Train is Wonderful

by tampa_shawn

We took the night train three times and I highly recommend it. We used the night train to go to and from Hanoi to Lao Cha (Sapa) and then from Hanoi to Hoi Ann.

There are different classes of seats…hard seats, soft seats, hard berth, soft berth and a luxury one. We took the soft berth which was a little cabin with 4 bunks, two on bottom and two on top. For overnight trips you’ll definitely want at the soft berths...don't skimp on your ticket here! To ensure you get the soft berths make your reservation a few days ahead of time

Traveling this way couldn’t be easier. We basically got on the train, visited with our bunk mates for a bit, went to bed and woke up in the new location. An added bonus….we slept like a baby with the gentle swaying of the train.

The "overnight" train from Hue to Hanoi takes is quite a bit more than just overnight...taking 17 to 22 hours. Due to limited time we flew instead.

The train provides a small bottle or water and some sort of snack but if you’re on a longer route you may want to bring something to snack on. There is also a dining car and there are vendors on board selling a drinks and food.

Comments