Duc Thai Hotel Hanoi

95 Hang Ga St, (formerly Hanoi Gold Dragon Hotel), Hanoi, 00844, Vietnam

Duc Thai Hotel
Travelocity Otel.com

• “Don’t stay anywhere else if you come to Hanoi”

My wife and I went to Hanoi for my congress and spent 7 nights at the Duc Thai Hotel on the recommendation of the TA. We had a front room, almost an attic room, which was very comfortable, and air conditioned and cool - very important here but quite noisy in the busy street. Please request back side room if you need a quite room. The breakfasts we had were delicious. The staffs were extremely helpful, very friendly and they offered to keep our bags while we went out on the tour. Another very good feature was hotel car picked us up and delivered us to the airport on time with no hassles for US$16 each way. The manager, Tom Ngo guided us to shopping, tours and restaurants and as always provided an excellent friendly service. It was a wonderful haven from the humidity, noise and friendly chaos of Hanoi and we'd stay here again. Definitely recommend.

Directions: Pick up at the airport and 30 minutes by taxi.

• olivergurad72's Profile Photo

“ Without a Doubt”

An othe couple and ourselves traveled to Hanoi as part of 02 week vacation to Vietnam and we loved our choice of the Hanoi Gold Dargon Hotel! This hotel is absolutely perfect with a beautiful design and the rooms are also well appointed. There is free internet service with 02 PC in the lobby, and breakfast is served daily at tiny restaurant downstair.The location is fantanstic, right in the heart of of the old quarter, just near great shopping, art galleries, cafes & reputable Vietnamese restaurant etc.
    Our room faced the busy street and in the early morning you could watch the hustle and bustle of old Hanoi from the window ( If you like the quite room, please ask for the back side room as my friend’s room. It was not noise). I also would note otherthing that we booked a Halong Bay trip with Jasmine cruise thru Mr Tom’s recommendation and it was beyond our expectations.The boat was fantastic and we enjoyed every minute of this first class experience. For the price, I have to say.. you can't go past this hotel. I would absolutely stay here again if I return Hanoi.

• Very helpful and friendly

I booked this hotel after reading reviews. A few emails to Mr Tom and two rooms and a free airport pick up was arranged (there were five of us). Once at the hotel in the old quarter I decided to take advantage of Mr Tom's eagerness to provide an itinery for me. I had 16 days and my departure was from Saigon. Mr Tom is a gem, and he did us proud, booking hotels and air travel - superb.
    The Duc Thai hotel is quite small with friendly staff, a decent breakfast and free internet. It is quite noisy with the volume of motorcycle traffic that peep their horns at anything. A room at the rear would be my advise.

• Great place for a budget stay in Hanoi

The USD25 price tag was highly attractive, rooms clean as seen on the web site. Don't expect warm cosy lighting though as the hotel chose to be practical with fluorescent light tubes. Free internet access in room, but only through LAN cable as Wifi is weak and can best be accessed in the lobby. Hotel does have 2 terminals for travellers without a laptop though. First night's room had weak air-con so we requested for a change the second night and it was cool and comfy all the way - especially important in summer Hanoi. Impeccable service from Mr. Tran who take the night shift and ever obliging to our requests. Upon check-in he told us to go put down our stuff and come down for a Hanoi briefing session - something totally unexpected, even from better hotels. He provided a detailed intro to all places interesting in the area, even providing a map and marking out places of interest on the map, including the few places we had found on VT. Hotel is conveniently located close to Hoan Kiem lake (10 mins walk) as well as the night market. Also close to shops where you can buy coffee powder and lotus seeds which made it convenient for last minute shopping - we went on the morning of our departure and settled souvenirs for family within half an hour.

• Tattugran's Profile Photo

Also known as Duc Thai Hotel

We could not fault this hotel.The manager Mr Tom was so very helpful and bent over backwards to make our stay as pleasureable as he could. I was sick by the time we arrived at the hotel , to the point I needed medical help. Mr Tom arranged for me to go to an english speaking hospital where I would get the best care possible ( which I did). He offered to move us to a more quiet room so I could get the rest I needed. He made me green tea to help me recover. He is a darling man who was friendly, helpful and a pleasure to stay with. Mr Tom and co workers, thank you so much for making our stay a pleasant one and we will be back. Being a travel agent as well he arranged for our trip to Halong bay. But he will also arrange any other tours you would like to do. if you stay more then free nights you are entitled to free airport transfer.

Unique Quality: The staff were friendly and always ready to help when needed. Breakfast was included in the price. Free internet connection in every room.

Directions: It is in the old quarters but very central to shops and night markets

• " Awesome"

We found this hotel via Trip Advisor a couple of days before arriving in Hanoi and it was perfect! It is located in the center of the Old Quarter, which is the perfect place for tourists. Tom and his crew helped us navigate our way through the city by recommending walking tours, shopping streets, dinner places (including delicious pho just right down the street). The team also helped us plan some trips outside the city including the most beautiful trip to Halong Bay. The rooms were perfect for what we were looking for, clean, cozy and the the price was unbeatable.

• " More than expected"

After checking few websites and mailing ahead to make the reservation on the Duc Thai Hotel basing on guest’s positive reviews especially about srvices and staff. I found that everything become truthfully.
    1.Email directly and got the efficient and professional reply.
    2.Airport Pick up and transfer is on time with friendly,helfull staff and free of charge as promise because staying over 03 nights.
    3.Good air-conditional,Free internet, super clean, all the room with big bath-tup
    4.Buffet Breakfast ( Great noodle soup and “banh cuon”and western breakfast even though not many choices as 03 or 04 stars hotel)
    5.Free of charge for luggage storage as conversation on mail during the trip to Halong Bay and Sapa
    6.The travel agent at the lobby is so helpful to book the trip to halong bay ( Ginger cruise) and Sapa Trekk. We were happy and satisfied with the services, specially about the prices( Cheaper than contacting directly to Ginger Junk’s website and Victoria’ Train)
    7.The hotel booking in Hue ( Hue Camelia Hotel) Hoi An( River Beach Resort), Nha Trang( Sunrise Beach resort) were great and also less expensive than by myselves.
    8.The air ticket, they said that they would take 50.000VND( $3) comission. It was correct ( Not overcharge)
    9.The tour in Mekong Delta and Siem reap is perfectly!!
    Overall, the Duc Thai hotel is one of the best Hotel I have been stayed during the trip in South East Asia. Surely to recommend to every traveller coming to Hanoi. I will be back next time. Mr Tom

• “More than expected”

Our trip to Viet nam was 14 days from Sai Gon, Hoi An, Hue and up to Hanoi. The Duc thai hotel was my best choice after recommending by tripadvisor. It was more than expected!!! Great for value!!! Picked up airport service in time, warmly welcome at the reception, helpful tour information staff. As conversation with Tom about the summer promotion,we booked 03 days 02 nights for Ha Long bay trip with Indochinal sails with the best price comparing any travel agent I had checked before. I felt really relax and plesant to our trip.
    Up to this time,We still have lasting memories of the friendly and generous staff that made our trip to Viet Nam so enjoyable and more perfect.We would likely to stay here again and strongly recommend this hotel to every travelers.

• jessdonald85's Profile Photo

”Hotel for Budget traveler”

My family was warmly welcome at the airport as well as at the reception by friendly and helpful staff. The hotel with good location, near a lot of shops, café and restaurants, good breakfast , ... and especially perfect English speaking staff. The room was so clean with nice street view from window. However, the street is crazy lots of motorcycles be careful walking across the road. Our family stayed at Duc Thai hotel for 03nights before booking the Ha Long Bay trip for 03 days cruising and 02 days Sapa trek through Mr Tom. The trip was excellent!!! We were really enjoyable!!! Furthermore, Mr Tom gave us affordable and well organized about the trip in the South of Viet Nam. In general, staying the Duc Thai hotel was best choice during our trip to South East Asia. I would likely to recommend to every budget traveler.

Directions: 5 minutes to Hoan Kiem lake, Watter puppet theatre,markets....
    Main shopping area.
    So many traditional restaurants nearby combined with coffee houses.

• Always welcome!!!

We reachexd Duc Thai Hotel upon the recommendation of friends who were already staying there. The staff was immediately helpful, especially since we arrived past 1 in the morning and were weary from traveling. They took our bags to the room and we found it to be clean and hospitable- definitely worth the inexpensive boarding fee. In the morning Mr. Tom gave us a map of the city and directed us to some places we should see- even though we still got lost, we realized the hotel's location is great for pedestrian exploration of Hanoi. Later inteh day, Mr. Tom helped us to arrange two different trips for reasonable prices for the remainder of our Vietnam trip. We were even able to shower at the hotel when we arrived back in Hanoi inbetween our shorter adventures. I am pleased to recommend Duc Thai to anyone coming to Vietnam for the first, second or any time after that!

• tragertravels's Profile Photo

Best hotel deals in Hanoi_old quater

Situated in the heart of the French old town of Hanoi the Duc Thai Hotel exemplifies the term “Five Star Service”. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and the staff of the Duc Thai Hotel overwhelmed me with their kindness and generosity. From helping me plan a day in the city to personally showing me experiences away from the touring crowds, the management made sure I was more than satisfied.
    The hotel has all the amenities for a cost consience traveler, including clean rooms, cable TV, air conditioner, and a full breakfast for free. In addition, they operate a full travel agency and can help arrange travel to amazing places like Sapa or flights to other countries/cities. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel especially when I tell you the price! Only $40 a night with no hidden charges. What else can I say? A must stay!

Directions: Near night market, Hang Da market, and Dong Xuan market. Also nerabu a lot of bar and vietnamese restaurant.

• Best Service Award!

Directions: French Old Quarter

More about Duc Thai Hotel Hanoi

Duc Thai Hotel

by Tattugran

hi everyone :) We are starting to plan our Vietnam trip. We're off to Hanoi next year. I have some questions! Has anyone stayed at Duc Thai Hotel? if so what was your experience with it? Is it central to everything?Also how far away is it from the airport? Would you recommend it?
Thanks for your help
Tatt

by Maxus

As ever, Trip Advisor has more independent reviews than anyone else and they are very positive.

Sorry if you have already looked here, if not here's the link:

Regards

Mark

by Tattugran

ok Thanks for that Mark.seems I may be on to a good one :)

by gillbelamy

Max is right to choose tripavisor.com.

I stayed in Duc Thai Hotel over one month ago. It was prefect!! Please start satying in duc Thai Hotel is best advice to you.

Good luck.

by Tattugran

Thanks Gillbelamy for your response. AFter going to the site Mark suggested I couldnt help but book the hotel..And Tom( the manager) seems so helpful and friendly. because we are staying for 10 days we get free airport transfers too..We are happy

Comments