Eternity Hotel

32 Yet Kieu St, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, 10000, Vietnam
Eternity Hotel
Agoda.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

More about Hanoi

The Old Quarter,Ha Noi,Vietnam.The Old Quarter,Ha Noi,Vietnam.

Made in Vietnam shopMade in Vietnam shop

Me eating snakeMe eating snake

Nguyen is the dude with the Arnie shirtNguyen is the dude with the Arnie shirt

Feedback on Duc Thai Hotel

by Tattugran

hi everyone :) We are starting to plan our Vietnam trip. We're off to Hanoi next year. I have some questions! Has anyone stayed at Duc Thai Hotel? if so what was your experience with it? Is it central to everything?Also how far away is it from the airport? Would you recommend it?
Thanks for your help
Tatt

by sandman78

Don't know about that hotel; I stayed at the Lucky Star Hotel in the old quarter, it was around $35 US per night, the staff was friendly and spoke good english, the rooms were large and clean. It was central to most things in the old quarter and we felt safe staying there. Worth a look if you can't find any info on the hotel you're interested in...

by hientonkin

As I know, there are several Duc Thai hotels, which one you want to know about?

Hien

by betska

Do you have the address for the Duc Thai Hotel? I can't find it in my guide book.

hientonkin the one in Hanoi

by Tattugran

Hi Betty the address is :95 Hang ga St, Hanoi,Vietnam may I just add I loved reading your pages on Hanoi

by Tattugran

OOps Betty wrong person .it wasnt you who had the Hanoi pages.....oh I need sleep .hahaha

by Tattugran

hientonkin This is the information I have got on it: 95 Hang Ga St | (formerly Hanoi Gold Dragon Hotel), Hanoi 00844, Vietnam

by betska

I can find Hang Gai. If that is the same, then the location is OK. Anywhere in the old quarter around Lake Hoan Kiem is central & handy to resturants, shopping and to book tours etc.
We stayed in a place called "Mahn Dung" Guesthouse in nearby Tam Thoung St.
It was cheap (US$21 for 3 of us) and clean. Their website:
I'm sorry I havn't got my tips up for Hanoi yet (getting close, I'm up to Hue) work kind of gets in the way of getting these things done!
Betty

by Tattugran

Thanks Betty .I have just discovered it used to be called the Golden Dragon and have found great reviews here in VT .so I am happy :)

Travel Tips for Hanoi

The Vietnam Delicacy

by Applelyn

Vietnamese love to eat dog meat and other game meat. Thus dont be surprised when you go for a buffet in Vietnam as you may see some of the animals below being served on the table. Beside these, there are also tonic wine fermented with snakes. They are supposed to give vitality and provided cures. Well, for the brave-hearted, I heard that they were nice, try it! As for me, I will try to stick to seafood and diet coke.

See Christmas bonsai !

by kokoryko

Walking down Nha Chung street, on the right side going south you will see a big building with a big gate, usually open during day times; walk in, it is quiet there after wandering around in the busy streets around the cathedral; You are in the diocese garden.
Mid December people were preparing for Christmas, and decorating the surroundings of the palace; the bonsai on the sides of the entrance alley are already decorated; St Christophorus, standing in the main yard was supervising the operations, people were decorating a replica of the Lourdes cave (or is it the Holy Sepulchre?), it was a real pre-Christmas atmosphere! A little chapel was open, quire austere after the heavy decoration of the pagodas, a real peace in there for a few minutes. And, going out have again a look at the bonsai.
I pushed a door at the bishops offices, but it was closed. . . .

Nha Chung street, south of the cathedral.

Of smiling masks and more...

by myspices about Local Crafts

All along the Old Quarters, you will find small shops selling local crafts - good as souveniers - magnets, bookmarks, handbags, trays, little key chains, embroidery pouches, wood carvings, small marble statues, T-shirts, dresses ... so many to choose from. All local crafts Ranges from 500dongs to...... unlimited

Fly via Tiger Airways

by arni_ph075

Tiger Airways usually have promo fares for Singapore to Hanoi. I was able to get it at 50% off, booking 2 weeks before...

Flight schedule is very good as well, departing Friday 4pm (SG time) and return on Sunday 7pm (Hanoi time).

Most of the passenger that travel on Friday, will also be your co passenger on Sunday, but all of them carrying twice their original luggages, with new bags and matching conical hats..

Pls note, that after getting the boarding pass, you need to pay the departure tax of US 14.00 or equivalent in Vietnam dong.

If you run out of USD/ dong, go to lower level (arrival area) there are money changer available.

Unique Vietnamese food experience

by happy128 about Cha Ca La Vong

A little shop in a small little lane. However it is very famous, so you can easily get the direction from any local. Their business in very good, packed with local and foreigners in the 2 storey shoplot.

We were not sure how to order, the waiter show us the menu we order the set for about 35,000dong each we ordered two sets. It came with a charcoal po, some spring onions, some vegetables(mint leaves?), some onions, some oil, some cut chili. We did not know how to start. Then the local sat next to us show us we have to out the spring onion/veg into the hot pot, put some oil then fish slices(called cha ca in vietnam). After the fish is cooked, we could eat with the rice noodles provided, you could add the cut chilly or shrimp sauce or lime to go with it. Cha ca (the fish slice)

Comments