Gia Bao Ha Noi Hotel Hanoi

Asiatravel.com Agoda.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Gia Bao Ha Noi Hotel Hanoi

Black Hmong girls in the countryBlack Hmong girls in the country

kids playing  ballkids playing ball

Bo TreeBo Tree

organised chaos!organised chaos!

accomodation in Hanoi/Halong bay trips

by newhm01

Hi

we are visiting Hanoi for the first time and are very excited about a trip around Halong bay.

Could anyone please let us know of any reputable tour companies from personal experience and advise of good budget places to stay in Hanoi.
Thanks

by daawgon

I can help with budget hotels in Hanoi - I'm talking US$20. - 30.

The Especen Hotel on Tho Xuong Street was wonderful - $25. for a large family room w/balcony - near the Catholic Cathedral.

The Gia Thinh Hotel on Hang Bac Street at Ma May Street was also very nice (in-room computer and lift) for $30. Superior Room. Both hotels very well located.

by Morozov

Hi,
I was staying in Hanoi in Jasmine Hotel
But Ha Long Bay trip was arranged by Vietland Discovery tours
My guide in Hanoi was Nguyen Trang trang1108@gmail.com
Have a good trip!

by JohanIsWeg

We used, and were very happy with, Tonkin Travel to arrange our Halong Bay cruise on the Bhaya. They got a good price for us (better than booking with the Bhaya directly) and provided excellent transportation to and from Halong Bay.

We stayed at the beautiful Dragon Hotel (http://www.dragonhotelvn.com/).

by hientonkin

Tons of promotion going on, have a look all over and choose the best one for your trip! For ex Gia Bao hotel, Orchid Hotel, Cinnamon Hotel..etc...
Many junks in Halong also having big promotion in the summer like Indochina Sails, Bhaya, Ginger/Jasmine, Emeraude.
Good trip!

by zoomvietnam

For Hanoi you could try Cinnamon Hotel (stay 3nights pay 2 )
or Church hotel.Both are a few steps away to the lake with spacious room
and trendy decor. In Halong bay there are option to do either overnight boat cruise or stay at the hotel.
You can do 2day 1night staying out on junk boat or spending a whole day boat trip then cruising onto Catba Island for the night.
If you have 3days, a visit to Quanlan island where
the crowd is not insight would be worth your effort.

zoomzoom

2-3 star Hotels

by a.heytman

Can anyone suggest a clean and friendly 2 - 3 start hotel (about US$20 - US$30) a night in a good location in Hanoi? I am travelling there in October with my husband.

by NYTim

Check out the link to my Hanoi Hotel tip.

by Greggor58

Check this place out...stayed here in February this year...it was clean,about $ 20.00 a night in an unbeatable location..cloe to Hoan Kiem Lake just on the finges of the Old Quarter..
The rack rate might be deceiving..we waked in off the street and paid less than 20 a night each for a twin room..split with a cousin I was traveling with..large comfortable rooms and breakfast included..

Have fun in Ha Noi!!!

by don01

can confirm Greggor58s opinion of the Heart hotel
Stayed there 2008
A nice little hotel in a really handy spot
Only drawback is the standard - lots of stairs
(any 2-3* hotel in VN without lots of stairs?)

enjoy Ha Noi and only bring home great memories
Don

by daawgon

For something a little special in this category, I suggest the Gia Thinh Hotel at Hang Bac and Ma May Street. I've stayed there twice now and plan to do so again in Nov. I always use their superior room @ $27. - buffet breakfast, daily fruit plate, in-room computer and electronic safe, minibar, American-style bathroom, elevator, excellent location and very well run. I do not recommend their other rooms (too noisy in front, and no view in the smaller unit). Gia is one of the Sunshine Hotels.

For something cheaper, I also like the Especen Hotel on Tho Xuong St. near the Cathedral - also an excellent location (good cafes/restaurants in this hood). No breakfast or elevator here, but their large family room with equally large balcony is a bargain at $24.

by hydiehole

Try Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel.. we stayed last week.
I myself am Australian so I may be a little biased, the managers (Aussies) were incredible. Very friendly hotel overall and yes clean. It still feels like you are in Vietnam, they have local staff too. Having said that our overall Hanoi experience was great.. everyone we dealt with was very helpful, great city

by sunnybg

I suggest the Gia Bao hotel as it located in the Old Town. Just some mins walking to the Lake and easy to find the good restaurant in the center

Cheers,

by Kienhappyland

Hi

You may try Hanoi Fortune hotel, Duc Thai hotel or Hong Ngoc hotel. Which may meet your need.
David

Travel Tips for Hanoi

a tradition that comes in handy for visitors too

by richiecdisc

There are many traditional foods associated with TET as well and the most popular perhaps is banh chung. This is glutinous or sticky rice layered around some very fatty pork and bean paste and wrapped in a banana leaf. You’ll definitely be offered some to try but it is an acquired taste so take a small bite to see if you like it. No matter what, say you do….lol. This orange sticky rice pictured was another festival favorite as people bought them at the market to bring home. I grabbed one too and brought it home to Doreen, who lay sick in bed with a very upset stomach. The simple food was just the medicine for her. I liked it too as it was lightly sweet with sesame seeds for added flavor.

Queen Hotel

by neurochic

The Queen Hotel in Sapa was a great place to stay. It was cozy and very clean. Shower had nice hot water and very cheap to stay here. Even more bonus is that there is a restaurant in the bottom of the hotel and they can exchange travelers cheques. Furthermore the staff is awesome. You also wake up to beautiful views of Mt. Fansipan outside your window.

Van Phuc Silk village

by Ladyfromasia

The eldest & most famous silk village in Vietnam where you can find any products of silks you want. You can also see how they make the silk products in the local family.
The village is in Ha Dong town, about 15km from the central of Hanoi. You can go there by car, bus or motorbike.
The cheapest way there is to take Hanoi bus to Ha Dong town and motorbike to the village. silk products

Reliable taxis

by SPW

We found HanoiTaxis to be very reliable, clean cars, pleasant drivers and metered fares.
It is useful to have your destination written down as western versions of Vietnamese names are not easily recognisable to native speakers!

Western and Asian cuisine

by Kate-Me about Ciao Cafe

Firstly, it's air conditioned, and that was an essential for us as we'd been walking in the humidity for over an hour searching for somewhere for lunch, and were starting to get a bit lightheaded.
The cafe served a wide variety of international meals and Asian style food, very clean, but the decor wasn't too western - there was a little shrine in a corner. We found it just nice, and the service was good. It cost us about A$5 each for lunch which is probably more than most smaller restaurants in Vietnam, but we wanted somewhere where the menu was also in English and where we could know what we were eating. My husband had curried Mackerell, which he liked but a bit too spicy in the heat. I had Paella which was really delicious. Both meals came with free small bowl of clear soup with green leaves in, but we had no idea what it was and no room to put it, so didn't eat it. Good choice of desserts and cakes too, but again we had no room for that.

Comments