Golden Sun Hotel 2

18 Hang Hom, Hoan Kiem district , Hanoi, 1000, Vietnam
Hanoi Posh Hotel
Booking.com Asiatravel.com Orbitz.com

More about Golden Sun Hotel 2

Fantasitc freindly staff in a terrific location

by TripAdvisor Member JanCQldAustralia

We loved Golden Sun Hotel 2. The staff were brilliant. They organized our tours, collected us from the train, gave us a free day room to shower without cost. nothing was too much trouble, we really recommend them to you. The rooms were very clean,spacious with efficient aircon.

Very helpful, nice and cofortable hotel

by TripAdvisor Member voljoHamburg

We stayed one week in Hanoi in the Golden Sun 2. The Hotel and its staff is great, especially Mrs Dzung, she helped us to book all our trips and gave us very good tips. And we had personal wishes... She was very friendly and has a really open heart, so we were a bit sad to leave.
The rooms are clean, big and confortable. We got every day little presents (botles of water, chips, coffee, tee ...). We had a minibar,TV (for us not importent ), AC, fan and a very good matress (very importent).
They picked us up after our trip to SaPa very early in the morning, we got breakfast at this day without paying and we got late check out without any charge.
If we are again in Hanoi, we will stay again in this Hotel

Excellent rooms, staff and location

by TripAdvisor Member primetimeAustralia

The Golden Sun 2 is a great hotel. The room was large, clean and well equipped. Complimentary breakfast was a nice bonus and the food supplied was excellent. The have free internet too. All the staff were friendly and helpful and we enjoyed chatting to them. Ninh is a top bloke and a great character. We booked our tour to sapa from here and it was great. They dropped us off and picked us up from the train station, organised a guide in Sapa and our hotel in Sapa.
The hotel is located within walking distance of the center of the old quarter and close enough to walk or get a short taxi ride to the rest of Hanoi.
Overall we had a great time at the Golden Sun 2 and we would highly recommend it to anyone.

Excellent Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Aligra42

We stayed at the Golden Sun 2 for 5 nights and we were very impressed not only by the hotel itself (great rooms, good showers, free wireless reliable internet access etc) but the staff were amazing - they could not have been more helpful.....organising our day trips, arranging to send our excess shopping home, and picking us up from the train station at 4.30 am, they even let us get in to our room at 5.30 am! The hotel is very well located in the Old Quarter. Will definitely stay there again! Thank you!

Service was exceptionally good, it made our stay in vietnam very enjoyable.

by TripAdvisor Member Andrealim

The hotel's owner, Mrs Moon, left me the most vivid impression of what service means. The first few days when we arrived in Hanoi, my family was shocked to find out that the temperature in Sa Pa, where we were going to, was 5-7 degrees celcius, as we did not prepare any winter clothing. Mrs Moon immediately offered to lend me her own winter coat, but on seeing that the rest of my family would need more clothes as well, she kindly brought us all the way to a winter wholesale store where she helped us in shopping for what we needed, even bargaining with the shopkeeper where necessary.

The room in hotel 2 was everything we wanted, cleanliness was top notch, especially the toilet, which is the most important to me. Heating facilities are fully provided and I thoroughly enjoyed staying in the room. There were 3 computers with free internet at the eating place downstairs which I really appreciated.

The hotel is located about 1 hr's taxi ride from the airport, but it is on a quieter street than the very noisy and dusty main roads outside.

Breakfast is provided and it is quite good at hotel 2, as it is buffet style. On the last day, the staff prepared a sumptious steamboat dinner for us, with Mrs Moon personally doing the marketing and even serving us, giving us more soup when we ran out. It topped off our trip on an excellent note.

Every single one of the staff does not hesitate to go the extra mile in their service. I daresay that you will find your stay in this hotel most enjoyable.

Great Staff, Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member Mitsuisd

First time in Hanoi and found the Golden Sun staff to be absolutely fantastic - ultra friendly, always willing to help you out regardless of the inconvenience to them which is great for any traveller new to the city

Rooms were clean and good size, with great complimentary items - only complaint I have is that the area is quite loud in the morning (this is not a problem for this particular hotel, but more so about the old city part as a whole)

However, for anyone looking for a very clean and hospitable place, I would absolutely recommend this spot or any Golden Sun managed establishment - I was taken care of very well by Ms. Dzung and Mr. Ninh and I can't imagine finding more friendlier people anywhere else :)

Outstanding service from genuine welcoming staff.

by TripAdvisor Member Gmartindale

I cannot praise the staff in the Golden Sun highly enough. After an exhausting day around Hanoi town being hounded by the street vendors the hotel was a breath of fresh air where I could relax.
As a solo traveller the staff went out of their way to help and organise trips and recommend places to go and things to see. The recommendations were excellent and often at a discount to other deals I had seen. It was again relief to be able to rely on sound advice and not have to worry about getting ripped off.

I would definitely recommend the hotel to friends and would stay again if I find myself in Hanoi.

Thanks for making my trip so stress-free and enjoyable.
Graham

We will be back

by TripAdvisor Member lvrosa

Our first time visiting Hanoi and staying in this hotel, impressed by the warm ambience and friendly service from all the staffs, particularly Mr. Ninh, Mr. Truong, Ms. Hang, Ms. Lan Anh and Ms. Dung, fiuuuh….thanks guys (if you read this). We stayed at Golden Sun 2 for 5 days and they had taken care of us very well, treating us like a very good friend of them indeed.

The location of the hotel is about 15 minutes walk from the Hoan Kiem Lake and not too hectic with the city traffic.The room is very clean and tidy, the breakfast is good. One time in the morning when we were late for our day trip, they already prepared our breakfast and also the next day when we must catch our early in the morning flight, they prepared everything for us. They are very helpful. You only have to say what you need to the staff and you can count on them, they’ll give you the best, such as : buying tickets, Vietnam’s coffee, money changer, etc.

Recommend this hotel very much!! We will be back.

Elvi, Duma

feel comfortable & worry free !

by TripAdvisor Member SingaporeLeefamily

Hotel staff with very friendly services, cozy room & clean.
Location at center of Hanoi that can access to many interest places easily.

Halong BayHalong Bay

The one pillar pegodaThe one pillar pegoda

Wedding coupleWedding couple

Many stallsMany stalls

Hanoi's weather in August

by varnia

Hi,

I'm planning to go Hanoi in the last week of August. Can any of you please advise about the weather in Hanoi during this period? I had read in some websites that this is the monsoon period. As such, will it be a bad idea going there in August? Planning to go Halong Bay during the trip.

by ricky52

Trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local on the day variations.
This information should be used as a guide only.
Here is the average weather for Hanoi for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

August.
High 87f / 31c
Low 76f / 24c

by andrewnsw

hi,

this time is monsoon period in Vietnam but there weather is beautifull in Halong bay. if you stay overnight on boat, you have chance to seating on the topdeck for a coctail. that is great!

cheers

by varnia

Thanks ricky52 and andrewnsw!

Comments