Guoman Hotel Hanoi

83A Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Hanoi, Vietnam

Moevenpick Hotel Hanoi
Expedia.com Asiatravel.com Booking.com

• Tusitala's Profile Photo

Lovely Vietnamese Service ...

Highly recommended for several reasons.
    1/ staff
    2/ staff
    3/ staff

Highly trained by a Swiss manager with Mandarin Oriental background. Yet they are so amenable, natural and comfortable with their guests, imparting a lovely Vietnamese hospitable experience to your stay.

Need a restaurant recommendation? They know it, and will make the booking for you. Need to access the business centre after 5pm. No problem, sir.

Unique Quality: Rooms are lushly decorated with very comfortable beds and some interesting furniture pieces, such as leather recliners. Most rooms don't have a bath tub, a shower instead.

But here's something unique: out the front you'll spot a beautiful old long white French car (sorry, don't know the make and model). That's available for hire if you want to drive around the town in style, or be ferried to a restaurant, your wedding or whatever. It's charming, but no air-con or power steering -- but that's OK, they supply a driver.

• sporty_chick00's Profile Photo

A great. easy hotel.

I really enjoyed this Hotel. Beware of the haggling hawkers, and if you are tempted to buy, bargain with them! Othewise, a great place. It gives you a real feeling of Vietnamese City life.

Unique Quality: Great views, although VERY different!
    I will try to get a photo of this place. the problem with my 'Nam pages is that i took a normal camera, not a digital one, so I dont feel like sitting for years scanning all the pics. sorry. :-) Foreign exchange facility(very much needed!), Boutique Shop, a few bars and small resturants, Fitness Centre.

More about Guoman Hotel Hanoi

Expensive but Great - Guoman Hotel - Hanoi

by Sydney_Haz about Guoman Hotel

This was a sensational hotel. Impeccable staff. You are waited on hand & foot. It's not cheap but if you have worked up the country and this was the final pitstop, it's worth the money.

Easily the coldest beer tasted in the entire Vietnam. Staff, Rooms are stunning.

A Class Act

by TripAdvisor Member FooYukYee

We booked the Moevenpick based on the positive reviews we found on TripAdvisor, and the hotel did not disappoint! We were initially checked into a beautiful premier room whose only flaw was its proximity to the noisy construction works in the lot adjacent to the hotel. Upon mentioning this to reception, we were given a very similar but much quieter room on a higher floor. It made all the difference. From the friendly driver to the concierge, from Colin the executive chef to the room service waiter, the staff did their best to make our stay wonderful and romantic. Were we on our honeymoon, we were asked more than once. In fact it was our 10th anniversary celebration -- but it felt every bit like our honeymoon all over again.

Great Hotel - Wonderful Service but no pool

by TripAdvisor Member Gayz

My Partner and I stayed for four nights at the Hotel broken up with a night in Ha Long city.
The staff were very attentive and the hotel is beautifully appointed. We wanted to leave our bags at the hotel as we were returning the following day from Ha Long bay. No problems. On our last day our transfer did not arrive so the staff hurredly arranged a taxi to the airport for us and we just made our plane in time. They were very aware of the urgency. This is a quality property with great value for money. Excellect food and cleanliness and the rooms are beautiful. Only one thing. It was summer and the humidity was opressive. There is no pool at this property. Movenpick don't state that there is no pool of course but photos on trip adviser led us to believe that there was one!

Decent Business Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kevinphillip

Good for business travelers, that's about it. There is no complimentary internet anywhere in the hotel, but you can purchase access to their wifi at unreasonable prices. Standard rooms are small and cramped, we were upgraded with our package and the room was quite decent.
Attitude from staff was interesting - if you are not a business traveler, you certainly get treated with less formality. The location is a far walk from the Old Quarter, but about a 5-10min taxi ride depending on traffic.
Overall, just a decent business hotel.

Not bad, but Not Great Either

by TripAdvisor Member burninatorr

Moevenpick is good for business travelers, not for holidaying. Breakfast, internet, airport transfers, etc, are all outrageously overpriced - US$44 for one way airport transfer? To me, that is ridiculous. If you are charging it all to the company Amex, then you won't care, but if you are on holidays and are looking for good value then I would recommend the Sofitel Metropole, which has much more character, charm, and elegance in around the same price range.
Attitude from staff is borderline rude - we weren't business travelers and as such were dressed for the hot weather, but decently. Upon arrival at the hotel (using their airport transfer), we were actually asked by reception 'what did we want?' as if the staff assumed we were not staying there. This is the first time in Vietnam we have received service like this, and we have stayed at nicer hotels than the Movenpick!
This is a big box business hotel, looking to nickel-and-dime their guests each way they can. We went on a tour with some other couples who had stayed at the Elegance 4 for 1/3 of the price of the Movenpick - their room included free wifi, a personal computer with free internet access, and $16 airport transfer (free if you booked their best room), and they were extremely happy with the level of service - maybe Movenpick should learn something from them.

Movenpick: Beautiful rooms, attentive staff & great location

by TripAdvisor Member R_leese

I don’t normally write reviews, but I’ll make it an exception this time…because Movenpick really exceeded my expectations and so I really want to share my good experience in Movenpick with the rest of you.

I’ve done a few long term stays in hotels in various countries, but I must say Movenpick is definitely the best of the lot. I stayed in Movenpick for nearly two months… and I’ve just extended my stay till the end of the year! In terms of the room layout, I only have the highest praises – amazing bed (so amazing, you’ll have difficulty leaving the bed in the mornings!), a 42 inch LCD TV with tons of channels, beautiful bathroom (always spotless!) with those rain shower type installations, and gorgeous high quality furniture (with little interesting twists around – there is a bird cage in the room with fresh flowers inside, love that! Also, the clock at the bedside table had a sort of light motion sensor which I found quite amusing! And for the ladies, there is this exfoliating mitt that I found quite useful too!).

In terms of its location, it’s located right in the heart of the Commercial Business District (so it’s very safe for a single girl to walk about at night) and just a 2 minutes walk to the convenience store nearby. As for others mentioning that it’s more of a business hotel than one for tourists, well, I am both a business traveler and a tourist at the same time and I strongly believe that Movenpick’s location is suitable for both. After all, the Old Quarter is just a couple of minutes by foot and the beautiful Hoan Kiem lake is pretty nearby as well. So you get the benefits of staying in a safe, nice and more peaceful street (unlike the usual noisy and cramped (overwhelming) streets of Hanoi) with the convenience of the “touristy” stuff just a couple of minutes away. In terms of getting food, Quan An Ngon (which is like a huge “food court-ish” style outdoor restaurant with a great variety of Vietnamese food in a hygienic place) is just a mere 5 minutes walk away. There are plenty of options for food on Ly Thuong Kiet Street (as well as nearby streets) as well (local, western, etc) so if you’re bored of room service (and don’t mind doing a walking a bit) you’d be pretty spoiled for choice.

As for overall service, well, the focus that they place on customers here is really impressive – many of the hotel personnel know me by my name! The team at Movenpick is always willing to go out of their way to help me out to ensure that I’m comfortable… From satisfying my “touristy” needs, to translating my shopping needs, to tending to my laundry needs, as well as my food needs as well! One of the staff was nice enough to take me on his motorbike to look for some stuff in the area as well. For housekeeping, I have no complaints at all. I’m not exactly the neatest person in the world and I usually leave the bathroom in quite a mess whilst hurrying to get to work in the morning, but every evening after work, I would come back to a flawless room each and every time. Also, I should commend Mr. Kiefer, who is the GM of Movenpick, as he has done a terrific job with the hotel. My experience with him and his team thus far is that, they are attentive, responsive and constantly striving to do better.

Breakfast is great here as well…good variety, fresh juices or eggs made to your request, and a good mix of both Western and Asian food. Perhaps the only really minor things I felt a little annoyed with was the fact that there was a TV socket in the gym, but no TV in sight…Also, being a tourist, a good map is pretty essential to me. Unfortunately, the map currently being provided at the reception area is a photocopied map which isn’t very clear… but these are tiny details..

So would I recommend Movenpick to others? Without a second thought! To be honest, I did more than a month of hotel searching in Hanoi so I’m pretty familiar with the standards of the hotel rooms in Hanoi so believe me when I say that Movenpick is an absolute gem!

Tip: Being a “new” hotel, a lot of the taxi drivers seemed to be “unaware” of its location and chances are, if you show them the hotel card that displays the location, you’ll get charged “tourist prices”! So when you’re trying to grab a taxi from other places to get back to the hotel, do try to tell the taxi driver the hotel address in Vietnamese (not that difficult honestly!)

Very Excellent Hotel in Hanoi

by TripAdvisor Member Pinkysmart

This hotel is very good and very beautiful!
Rooms are great and the showers are fantastic. We were staying 3 nights and very much enjoying.
It's good location in city center and the food also very good.

Comments