Hanoi Advisor Hotel

51 Nguyen Sieu, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, 10000, Vietnam
Hanoi Advisor Hotel
Agoda.com Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

More about Hanoi

Walkway,East Side Hoan Kiem Lake,Ha Noi,Vietnam.Walkway,East Side Hoan Kiem Lake,Ha Noi,Vietnam.

Somebody have a Cyclo tourSomebody have a Cyclo tour

In front of Foreign Affairs Ministry officeIn front of Foreign Affairs Ministry office

Hanoi's Opera HouseHanoi's Opera House

Indonesian Traveling to Vietnam

by edachsund

Hi guys, I wasnt sure if I can apply visa on arrival for vietnam? Any indonesian experienced it before or shall I apply in advance?

I plan to travel cheap to vietnam- Hanoi, Lao Chai, Halong Bay probably 20th Feb for about a week. Any advise in-term of budget? Plan to spend around USD600 or less.

Thanks in advance.

Emie

by asianbelle

Hi Emie, as far as I know, you won't need a visa for a week's stay in Vietnam since (which I assumed) you're an Indonesian passport holder. Indonesia is part of ASEAN and we can travel visa-free among member countries (well, except I think in Laos and Myanmar) for short-stay.

by cochinjew

You can do all the above for 600 usd as long as it does not include airfare from Indonesia. Good Hotels, not guest houses, can be had for about 25 -30 usd range; excellent food (some of the best in Asia) can be had inexpensively, the transportation to the above well touristed places can be organized as part of the tour..
Visa on Arrival is for nationalities which require a visa..

by stimix

gabie,

Pls be polite & dun use cap lock when replying..very rude. BTW, all ASEAN members countries traveling within ASEA countries are VISA free. meaning M'sian/Indonesian/Thais/Singaporean/Phillipinos/Cambodian/ & etc are exempted from VISA requirement

by edachsund

Thanks guys for such a quick response.

I had an experience before where I try to apply visa in advance in Vietnam Embassy in Kuala Lumpur and they rejected my application. I think that was around 6 years ago.

So meaning to say, now as citizen of Asean country, I don not need to apply a tourist visa for a short stay? So that mean I can just fly to Hanoi and get a arrival stamp that's it.

Anyway, thanks for the info of the budgetation as well. I'll come back if I have doubt. I am so looking forward for this trip.

See ya.

by asianbelle

That's right Emie.

by attanaru

Hi Emie,

I'm Indonesian citizen, also planning to go to Hanoi on Feb.20.
I will fly from KL to Hanoi, no need to apply visa. But, if you're planning to go to Cambodia, you need to apply visa.

My trip will be 2 weeks exploring Vietnam & Cambodia (Hanoi,Halong Bay,Danang,Hoi An,HCMC,Phom Phen & Siamreap).

Have a nice trip !

Cheers,
-Atta-

Travel Tips for Hanoi

Film Developing

by neurochic

While in Vietnam, get your film developed there. Its many times cheaper than trying to get your film developed in the States and often times they offer to place the pictures on CD for free. The film quality is the same as at home and actually I thought the way they wrapped the negatives in their own special cardboard folder was better than the States. Many of the photo places offer 1 hour photo.

Still in Ha Long - Titop Island

by zuyao

Titop island is one of the islands in Ha Long bay. The island has a beach where you can take a dip and even a bar where you can just rest and relax as you enjoy the beautiful sea breeze.

Climb up the hill just behind the beach and you reach a small pavilion on its peak. From there you can enjoy a 360 degree view of Ha Long bay. The walk up takes about 20 minutes.

Entrance fee applies for access to the beach and hill! Can't remember how much.

Shoppers' Paradise

by SPW

In the area around St Joseph's Cathedral there are many small boutiques with a range of high quality goods, more expensive than the shopping to be found in the Old Quarter, but beautiful.
Homewares, clothing (if you are a size 8!), antiques. While many of the good have markedprices, there is generally some room for negotiation.
General shopping for all sorts of wonderful things is also available in the Old Quarter.
Lacquerware comes in all sorts of qualities: that available in the Old Quarter is generally modern and mass produced, but very fetching. It is hardto remember specific prices, but I recall a silk sleeping bag liner for about $4 US, a carved standstone musician for about $10 US andlots and lots of small thingsat incredibly cheap prices.

Taxi Services in Hanoi

by fwadswo

Only use Hanoi Taxi. Used another taxi service (small green taxis) once to return to our hotel after eating dinner at a restaurant and the fare was 40% higher (28000 versus 20000 to get there by Hanoi Taxi).

What a shame...

by SachaMortensen about Cha Ca La Vong

Me and my husbond went here 4 years agao and we both remembered it as different amd eceptionally good. So we had no doubt in our mind to come back this time and try the food once again.
This time we did not meet our expantations at all!! We were so dissapointed! The food was uneadible to put it mild!! To much oil and no flavor at all!!
We will return to Hanoi but never to this restaurant again!

Comments