48 Ngo Huyen, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, 0, Vietnam

Hostelworld.com HostelBookers.com

• kenningst's Profile Photo

Cool...

I stayed here for all my 3 nights in Hanoi and paid for USD 7.5/night. Its was only slightly more expensive than the other places that offer US 5 but this place is really good to meet with other travellers/backpackers. Happy hour for Halida beer priced at 10,000 dong starts from 5pm - 6pm at the rooftop buffalo bar and I heard something about free beers on Sunday but didn't manage to enjoy that. There is a BBQ going on on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.

I also checked out their tour packages and also open bus tickets and I find it really expensive. Their tour to Ha Long bay cost from US 75 to US 85 and sleeper open bus ticket priced from US 45 to US 50. I paid my Ha Long bay trip for US 53 and it was an awesome trip and also my open bus ticket for US 37. I talked to an English couple who took their Ha Long bay tour and said that their Deluxe package is totally crap and after seeing the pictures of showed them of my trip, they said they wish they have not booked with this place.

My advise, a really nice place to stay and hang out but don't book anything from them.

• anoum's Profile Photo

A Let Down

Based on the good reviews on the net, I decided to book a room at this hostel by emailing it directly. After there was a correction in the charges quoted (they had quoted a price more expensive than that advertised on their web site), I confirmed our booking. We arrived at Hanoi at about 6 pm local time but our pick-up car which we booked through this hostel was late and we finally arrived at the hostel at almost 8 pm. The man who accompanied us from the airport scolded us as we alighted for being jolly and noisy in the car. Worse, we found that there was overbooking in the hostel and instead of the 4-pax room we had booked, we had to split up and stay in dorms which hold ten persons. When I paid for our accomadation in US dollars, I was given the change in Dong although the change due to me was large enough to be in US dollars.

Unique Quality: It seems very popular as it was crowded with people and luggage left behind by their owners who had gone on short trips out of Hanoi. Clean and adequate. Good flushing system in toilets. Many places request used toilet papers to be thrown into bins or else the pipe gets blocked. We moved out the next morning as my friends were not happy about what had happened.

• pinoygypsy's Profile Photo

good value for money

Stayed at the all girls dormitory in this place overnight. It had a nice comfortable bed. Hostel is in good location (near Hoan Kiem Lake). You can walk to Hoan Kiem Lake, banks, markets and the water puppetry theatre.

Directions: Hoan Kiem District (west side of Hoan Kiem lake)

• Backpackers' Hostel

Clean sheets, hot showers and unlimited internet access. What more could a girl want? It was my first time at a hostel and it was a pretty good experience. Mick and Max (the owners) are very helpful, as are their staff. Great place to meet other travellers and to learn from their experience. If you are a single female traveller, opt for the Nunnery, an all-girls dorm, to escape the snoring.

Unique Quality: Friendly staff, fantastic service, central location

Directions: Download map: http://www.hanoibackpackershostel.com/images/HBH_Map.pdf

• Backpackers' Hostel

Unique Quality: Friendly staff, fantastic service, central location

• littlebush's Profile Photo

The best!

The place to stay in hanoi if you want to meet people and get some sound advice on the city.
    Website is www.hanoibackpackershostel.com

PLEAE NOTE THAT A LOT OF CABS HAVE A DEAL WITH THE 'HANOI BACKPACKERS HOTEL' AND TAKE PEOPLE HERE- THIS IS NOT THE HOSTEL, IF YOURE TAKEN HERE, LEAVE AND FIND YOUR WAY TO THE HOSTEL.

My brother worked at this hostel which is why i was in hanoi, visiting him , i am not being bias, its really is a good hostel. you may pay slightly more ($4.5 for a dorm) than some guesthouses, but the people you will meet, the information they can provide is worth it and makes it good value for money. 2 aussie guys Max and Mike run it, theyre really friendly and know everyone by name. they know what people want from a hostel. theres also veitnamese staff working there so its not totally western.

• HawaiianKukiniNui's Profile Photo

Best Hostel for the Buck

Recommend stay at this hostel for anybody on a budget who still wants the amenities of a higher priced hotel. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Unique Quality: The Hanoi Backpackers Hostel is the only backpacker's accommodation in Hanoi run by backpackers who understand what independent travellers and small groups want.

Guests can take advantage of the free ADSL internet, free all day tea/coffee, the roof top 'Charlie don't Surf Bar' and chill-out zone, book exchange, nightly movies, board games, 24 hour hot water. Their super friendly staff can provide you with all the information to get you to those hidden secrets of the colonial capital of Vietnam.

ACCOMMODATION INCLUCES 'BREADS 'N' SPREADS FOR BREAKFAST, ALL DAY 24HR FREE TEA & COFFEE AND ADSL INTERNET 24HRS A DAY'

Directions: Brilliantly located in the heart of Old Hanoi the Hanoi Backpackers' Hostel is a short walk to Hoan Kiem Lake, St Joseph's Cathedral and the markets of the Old Quarter.

More about Hanoi Backpackers Hostel

Hanoi Hostel

by JJfromNJ about Hanoi Backpackers Hostel

You can book tickets through Hanoi Backpackers Hostel which is a block away from St. Joseph's Cathedral. I didn't do Sapa but I did book Halong Bay through them. There were no problems (I got exactly what I paid for) and it was very easy to arrange. Other people at the hostel who went to Sapa had similar reviews. Good place to stay too :)

Which way to the cobra feast

by 30by30 about Hanoi Backpackers Hostel

Good, other than my fellow countrymen (20 something girl) who when her alarm went off in the morning, decided to hit snooze 3 times, there wasn't a fourth. Great location, friendly staff, good movie selection when its raining

Hard Sell in Hanoi

by alibear about Backpackers hostel Hanoi

The hotel itself is not too bad if a bit noisy internally. They will pick you up at the airport free thus saving you $10. Having got you there though the hard sell starts. Whether for trips, or using them as an agency. I don't think the tours are too badly priced - but do not use them as an agency. They charged us $165 dollars each for an open flight ticket with 2 stops down to Ho Chi Minh city - this would have been $125 purchased direct from vietnam airways. A hotel room in Hue we paid them $20 each night for 2 nights and had a voucher for a double - described by them as a large room with a balcony. They had rung and booked a small single backroom, costing them less than $10 a night as they had a contract. I call this fraud. Emails failed to get this rectified and the hotel said it was nothing to do with them - although Michael at backpackers called it 'my hotel'. Nothing special, no safe place to leave luggage.

Where is The Hanoi Backpackers?

by meash

Hullo, I'm looking for a good cheap place to stay in Hanoi. I've heard that the Hanoi Backpackers is nice and it has a good atmosphere.. but I can't find it on the net.. Advice please?

m