Hanoi Boutique Hotel

28 Bat Su Str., Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi, 10000, Vietnam

More about Hanoi Boutique Hotel

Rice terrace sceneryRice terrace scenery

he was so cutehe was so cute

One Pillar PagodaOne Pillar Pagoda

Tomb at the TempleTomb at the Temple

Deluxe Hotel

by pikeMax

I am looking for the Hanoi boutique hotel, my friends recommend. But i found that it changed name to Deluxe Hotel. Anyone stayed here before? how is it? is it expensive? we are planning to book the Cruise trip, can we book from hotel?

Re: Deluxe Hotel

by rightround-it

Yep you're right, it is a name change.
It's a nice hotel, we stayed there for a night when we first arrived in Hanoi. We wanted to book Hanoi Rendezvous Hotel, but they were full and referred us to what was then Boutique Hotel. We still booked our tours through Hanoi Rendezvous though. I don't think you can go wrong with either. You should check their website for prices, as it's low season at the moment and hotels usually adjust them down a couple of dollars per night.

Re: Deluxe Hotel

by manhattanight

every hotel will book your cruise for you.

10 Days itinerary - Please help!

by ckoyen

Hi all,

I am planning a visit to Vietnam with a friend this December and has come up with a tentative itinerary. Please help me see if it is a little too much or we are missing out some great stuff:

Day 1 - Arrive in HCM ard noon. Check into hotel/hostel (deciding between Mdm Cuc's and Long Guesthouse, please advise). Visit Reunification Palace, War Remnants Museum etc)

Day 2 - Visit Cu Chi Tunnel

Day 3 - Visit Mekong Delta

Day 4 - Ben Thanh Market etc (shopping)/Cholon (recommended?)

Day 5 - Fly to Hanoi. Reach Hanoi around noon time. Check into Hanoi Boutique Hotel. Catch the water puppet show.

Day 6 - Halong Bay (Please recommend a junk cruise, USD 100 is the max)

Day 7 - Halong Bay

Day 8 - Ard Old quarters

Day 9 - Ard Old quarters (Is 2 full days in Hanoi itself too much?)

Day 10 - Depart back home.

Please give me comments and advice..thank you!!!

ckoyen~~

Re: 10 Days itinerary - Please help!

by briam60

Howdy,

Can't help with you choice of accom, I ended up using Bich Duyen in District 1 after getting lots of good reviews from VT'ers about it.

Cu Chi and Mekong are well worth it, be careful and shop wisely and you should get a good deal but best to book in HCMC and look around as you wander the streets.

Ben Thanh is a pretty cool market, but you will not need a full day. I would suggest just exploring 9code for getting lost and then finding yourself again) in the back streets of District 1 for the morning, lazy lunch at a street vendor by the river and then head to the market in the afternoon, hang around the park with the loals and wait for the food stalls to open and the night market to get going, the food is well worth the wait.

Halong, I did the 2D /1 N with Margarette (spelt wrong sorry) and I chose because only 16 rooms, my advice is keep to a smaller boat as they all go to the same places and all end up moored pretty close together as well for the night. on our trip there were people who had paid over USD100 and others who had paid USD 45 for the same trip. I got it for USD 50 shop around and book in Hanoi is my best advice on this one.

2 days in Hanoi will barely get you started :)

Enjoy your trip

Re: 10 Days itinerary - Please help!

by vivieneu

Chu Chi tunnels if you are at all uncomfortable in small close spaces its not a good idea, the temple opposite is sad but interesting the walls have all the names of people who were killed in the wars in Vietnam, gardens are a nice place to sit and contemplate.

Travel Tips for Hanoi

Going to the reception!

by kokoryko

Going to the reception, playing billiard on the street, making a little fire,
Near Le Tai To statue and park is an official building and, one evening, I stepped across these venerable ladies preparing to go to a reception; They arrived by taxi-bike, and then prepared their clothes and appearance before going to the building; in some way they looked very noble to me.
In the small streets between the opera house and the Museum of history, it is very quiet and people install even billiard tables on the street, other make small fires, quiet place where people have a rest from their hectic life on the busy streets.
And this lady carrying her few goods (for sale?) , she just deserved to be photographed!
Everywhere in Hanoi, are interesting street scenes, to me, watching people was one of my “fondest memories”.

Halong Bay - Paradise on earth

by King_Golo

First of all, Halong Bay is not at all off the beaten path - there's just no category in VT so far which it fits in. Never mind that, Halong Bay is a must when in Vietnam and therefore one of the places visited by numerous tourists.
Halong Bay is a world heritage site of the UNESCO and definitely deserving this honour. In one word: It's paradise!
What is it that makes Halong Bay so special? Consider the legend: A dragon who hit the ground with its tail, thus creating more than 3000 islands in a turquoise sea... Halong Bay is one of the natural wonders of the world and the best way to explore it is by ship. You can either rent boats on your own or - what most people do - go with an organized tour from Hanoi. I did the tour and it was really great. We stayed on the boat overnight and as it was a warm night slept on deck beneath a starry sky. The only sound to be heard was the lullaby of the waves and the wind. The air smelled salty like the sea. A single shooting star crossed the night sky. (Well, this was a lie) I was completely happy...
Enough of this dream. Go there, find out yourselves, and tell ME if you love Halong Bay the same.

Handbag central

by gypsysoul73 about Tien Dat

Hanoi has been touted as Handbag Central, and Tien Dat should be handbag central of Hanoi. There shop is literally exploding with handbags of all shapes, material, sizes, and color. Tien Dat specializes in beaded and emobroidered bags, as well as shoes and scarves. bags, bags and more bags! about $5-$20 depending on size of bag and how elaborate they are

Getting around Hanoi

by hanno

The most convenient, and safest way to get around Hanoi is by Taxi. They are plentifull and pretty cheap. Depending on the taxi company, a trip within the city center shouldn't cost you more than a dollar or two.
Personally, I get around on motorbike, but if you don't know the city, and keeping in mind that traffic is absolutely mad, this might not be the best option for a short-term visitor.
Bicycles can be rented, but that is probably even more dangerous than a motorbike, and only really advisable within the Old Quarter.
Forget cyclos, the cyclo guys are a pain in the neck, and most roads these days are banned for cyclos. Again, this might only be an option for the Old Quarter.

Cheap and Yummy

by qwert_babe about Little Hanoi

Actually me and my mate really liked this place coz it was really near our hotel (Camelia 4) so it was really convenient when we were beat and didnt know where to eat. The food was good of course - Since I'm from Singapore, while many of the dishes were already very asian, it was still very tastily local and a couple were uniquely delicious.

Note: They've done so well, i suspect, that they actually opened another outlet just down the same alley! One can only imagine the tasty food there. =P I can't remember the name, but it was one of the vegetable dishes with a really difficult name (at least for me). We selected the grilled version and it was yummy! =) The beers there were also cheap (as with the rest of hanoi).

Comments