Hanoi Elegance 2

Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 5 reviews

Tags

Family Travel Budget Travel Beaches
nezz's Profile Photo

You feel like one of the family

by written on November 23, 2010

I booked our family sized room for 2 adults and our teenage daughter direct with the hotel from their website. They had a number of good reviews on the net which is why I chose them. The hotel is one of 5 in the Elegance group and is in Ma May street in the heart of the old quarter. This made walking the old quarter for sight seeing so easy. They also offer to book tours from their hotel with the bonus that they keep your suitcases so you can just take hand luggage . They also have a safe where I left my laptop when we went on our overnight trip to Halong Bay. From the first email to the last farewell letter on our check out I can honestly say I have never in the 24 years I have been traveling felt so welcome and genuinely looked after in a Hotel anywhere in the world.
Our family room had two beds a queen and a double on the top floor of the hotel. Each room has its own computer for free use to guests, plus there is free wifi too. A fridge, tv with cable channels, plenty of cupboard space , a nice big bath and an in room safe. We were also spoilt with fresh fruit, bottled water and flowers every day.
Oh and they organise to pick you up from the airport & drop you back as well. Too easy I say

Unique Quality: Good staff are always a hotels best asset and the staff at Hotel Elegance 2 were exceptional. They always greeted us with friendly smiling faces. They were genuinely interested in where we were going and offered suggestions for us, telling my daughter and I about the street night market nearby. Our room was spotless including the bathroom . There were plenty of bathroom products for our use.
The room was great value and included a cooked breakfast. There were sets of choices in the menu but the staff allowed my husband to pick and choose what he wanted from the sets at no extra cost.
Front desk staff also helped us with our on- line check-in for our flights out of Hanoi and changing money we had left over from Thailand when the local bank wouldn't change it.
When our Halong Bay trip was delayed due to bad weather and a traffic accident and we were 4 hours late back to the hotel we found out that the staff had been ringing the tour company constantly for updates to find out we were safe, fearing we'd had an accident. I can honestly say that the hotel and staff made our trip the best stay in Hanoi...we would go back there tomorrow.

Directions: In the old quarter of Hanoi

thisit811's Profile Photo

Hanoi's Best Hotel

by written on December 21, 2007

After we're reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. We choose to stay at Hanoi Elegance 2. I contracted the hotel through their website then we got the confirmation from Mr. Do Van Dan (Manager) within 24 hours he didn't even ask for any advance payment for the room & Halong Bay Tour package on Lagoon Explorer Cruise. Everything was based on trust. The hotel located in the middle of the Old Quarter. It's great and very conveniennce, surrounding with shops and restaurants. Also just short walk to Hoan Kiem Lake & water puppets theater.
We stayed there for 3 nights. First nights we stayed in Junior Suite (Room 801) on the top floor overlooking views to the Old quarter. Room comes with as we need including free 24 hours DSL Internet, a complimentary bottle of wine, fresh fruits basket and coffee maker.
Staffs are very helpful, friendly and polite.
After we returned from Halong Bay we stayed in the room 205 for another 2 nights. Room is even larger & more comfartable.

Unique Quality: Hanoi Elegance had no swimming pool or large facilities like Sofitel Metropole or Hilton Hanoi but their lineness of cleaner are great and perfact. Breakfast are always very good & great service, even better than 5 stras hotel somewhere else that I stayed with.

Directions: Hanoi Airport is about 35 minutes away.

DanCerdena's Profile Photo

BEST BOUTIQUE HOTEL IN THE OLD QUARTER

by written on August 1, 2007

I stayed at HE2 from Jun 29-Jul 02, 2007. I booked this stay thru their website requesting airport transfers, room on a high floor, PC with internet, and a balcony. I got all these without any hassles with a bonus of fresh flower and plate of fresh fruits. From the time I was picked up at Noi Bai to the time of check in until check out day, everything worked out superbly. Staff were all smiles and accommodating. Fresh fruit of different varieties was given everyday. Everything mentioned in their rate inclusion was provided. Breakfast was a simple omelette with toast or Congee or Pho. Credit card payment was accepted with a minimal surcharge of 3%. You can easily feel comfortable at HE2 since everyone is warm and caring. I suggest one books a Deluxe room to maximize your enjoyment in staying at HE2. You must also avail of their airport transfers costing $10 each way to avoid any possible inconveniences. Will DEFINITELY recommend this Hotel to anyone WITHOUT hesitation!

Unique Quality: Location in te Old Quarter is central with Hoan Kiem Lake only a few minutes walk. Memorial House is adjacent. Dong Xuan Market, Than Long Water Puppet Theatre, several temples are within walking distance and so are numerous Travel Cafes and restaurants. View of the Old Quarter from the balcony is an added bonus. Fresh fruits provided daily is always welcome after a long day of touring.

Home away from home in Hanoi, Vietnam

by written on February 19, 2007

We visited Hanoi in early Feb. 2007 and found the Hanoi Elegance through a previous review on this web site. We booked from Hoi An via phone for a rate of $50++ and got the last available room.

We have been in Vietnam for 3 weeks now and have stayed in everything from a 1/2 star to 5 star but rated Hanoi Elegance as our most enjoyable and comfortable stay. The location at 85 Ma May Street (opp. the Handspan office) is ideal and the restaurants and cafes in the Old Quarter are at your doorstep.

We were able to walk to the lake and shopping areas, buy a few DVDs go back to the room in the evening and watch a movie as we had a DVD player in the room as well as a laptop with internet access.

Breakfast is included, which is fine for what you are paying, but it's the service that we loved. The staff and management at Hanoin Elegance are genuinely trying to make your stay the best possible and nothing is too hard. We loved our stay at this hotel, with the stylish room decor, perfect location, hospitable staff and the most comfortable bed in Vietnam. I can highly recommend this hotel - it's a good one.

Unique Quality: Professional and friendly service
Location
Facilities

Directions: On a quieter street in center of Hanoi's Old Quarter

Excellent hotel in Hanoi!

by written on February 4, 2007

I wish to bring to your attention and highly recommend a new hotel in Hanoi, which has just very recently opened.

I have travelled extensively but have never before taken the trouble to write to you or any similar organization to recommend a hotel, but I was so pleased with the great value and outstanding service of the Hanoi Elegance Hotel that I felt obliged to do so.

There is more than one hotel in Hanoi called the Hanoi Elegance Hotel and I am only familiar with the one at 85 Ma May Street (a relatively more quiet street in the old quarter), www.hanoielegancehotel.com, email address:info@hanoielegancehotel.com. I do not know if it is anyway affiliated with any other hotel of the same name.

The hotel has rooms offered at US$28 and $US$60 per night (with discounts negotiable for stays longer than several days). All rooms have desk top computers with free internet access in the rooms, and are quiet and spotless with polished hardwood floors and new furniture etc. The rooms on the front of the building have large pleasant balconies over the street.
The service is friendly, professional and more enthusiastic than I have ever experienced. When we returned from being away from Hanoi for several days without a reservation and the hotel was fully booked, they bent over backwards to find us another room, to the extent of the Manager personally taking us to view the rooms at alternate hotels (sadly none of which compared to the Hanoi Elegance).

As it happened because of our desire for flexibility and using Hanoi as a base for travel around Hanoi we were in and out of Hanoi several times and we had not made advance reservations so several times the hotel couldn`t accommodate us several nights on different occasions and consequently we stayed in 5 hotels in Hanoi ranging from the price of the Hanoi Elegance to US$100. None was nicer and none compared in value to the Hanoi Elegance Hotel."

Thank you for looking after us so well in Hanoi.

Yours truly,
Graham

Unique Quality: Perfect location.
Great staff
Impeccable room
Fully serviced (Fresh fruit is a great touch)
Free Internet & inroom computer is a plus

Directions: Center of the Old Quarter of Hanoi

20 Photos of Hanoi Elegance 2

Hanoi Travel Forum

Need advice about Hanoi, Vietnam? Visit the Travel Forum for Hanoi and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hanoi hotel reviews

Hanoi Opera
Theater
fresh air
Things to Do
Base on nature, focus on yin-yang balance
Street Food 1
Flight from Hanoi to Macau
Transportation
Bus from Hanoi to the airport
Water Puppet theatre