Hanoi Elegance 2

85 Ma May St, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, 10000, Vietnam

Good For No Data
  • nezz's Profile Photo

You feel like one of the family

I booked our family sized room for 2 adults and our teenage daughter direct with the hotel from their website. They had a number of good reviews on the net which is why I chose them. The hotel is one of 5 in the Elegance group and is in Ma May street in the heart of the old quarter. This made walking the old quarter for sight seeing so easy. They also offer to book tours from their hotel with the bonus that they keep your suitcases so you can just take hand luggage . They also have a safe where I left my laptop when we went on our overnight trip to Halong Bay. From the first email to the last farewell letter on our check out I can honestly say I have never in the 24 years I have been traveling felt so welcome and genuinely looked after in a Hotel anywhere in the world.
    Our family room had two beds a queen and a double on the top floor of the hotel. Each room has its own computer for free use to guests, plus there is free wifi too. A fridge, tv with cable channels, plenty of cupboard space , a nice big bath and an in room safe. We were also spoilt with fresh fruit, bottled water and flowers every day.
    Oh and they organise to pick you up from the airport & drop you back as well. Too easy I say

Unique Quality: Good staff are always a hotels best asset and the staff at Hotel Elegance 2 were exceptional. They always greeted us with friendly smiling faces. They were genuinely interested in where we were going and offered suggestions for us, telling my daughter and I about the street night market nearby. Our room was spotless including the bathroom . There were plenty of bathroom products for our use.
    The room was great value and included a cooked breakfast. There were sets of choices in the menu but the staff allowed my husband to pick and choose what he wanted from the sets at no extra cost.
    Front desk staff also helped us with our on- line check-in for our flights out of Hanoi and changing money we had left over from Thailand when the local bank wouldn't change it.
    When our Halong Bay trip was delayed due to bad weather and a traffic accident and we were 4 hours late back to the hotel we found out that the staff had been ringing the tour company constantly for updates to find out we were safe, fearing we'd had an accident. I can honestly say that the hotel and staff made our trip the best stay in Hanoi...we would go back there tomorrow.

Directions: In the old quarter of Hanoi

• thisit811's Profile Photo

Hanoi's Best Hotel

After we're reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. We choose to stay at Hanoi Elegance 2. I contracted the hotel through their website then we got the confirmation from Mr. Do Van Dan (Manager) within 24 hours he didn't even ask for any advance payment for the room & Halong Bay Tour package on Lagoon Explorer Cruise. Everything was based on trust. The hotel located in the middle of the Old Quarter. It's great and very conveniennce, surrounding with shops and restaurants. Also just short walk to Hoan Kiem Lake & water puppets theater.
    We stayed there for 3 nights. First nights we stayed in Junior Suite (Room 801) on the top floor overlooking views to the Old quarter. Room comes with as we need including free 24 hours DSL Internet, a complimentary bottle of wine, fresh fruits basket and coffee maker.
    Staffs are very helpful, friendly and polite.
    After we returned from Halong Bay we stayed in the room 205 for another 2 nights. Room is even larger & more comfartable.

Unique Quality: Hanoi Elegance had no swimming pool or large facilities like Sofitel Metropole or Hilton Hanoi but their lineness of cleaner are great and perfact. Breakfast are always very good & great service, even better than 5 stras hotel somewhere else that I stayed with.

Directions: Hanoi Airport is about 35 minutes away.

• DanCerdena's Profile Photo

BEST BOUTIQUE HOTEL IN THE OLD QUARTER

I stayed at HE2 from Jun 29-Jul 02, 2007. I booked this stay thru their website requesting airport transfers, room on a high floor, PC with internet, and a balcony. I got all these without any hassles with a bonus of fresh flower and plate of fresh fruits. From the time I was picked up at Noi Bai to the time of check in until check out day, everything worked out superbly. Staff were all smiles and accommodating. Fresh fruit of different varieties was given everyday. Everything mentioned in their rate inclusion was provided. Breakfast was a simple omelette with toast or Congee or Pho. Credit card payment was accepted with a minimal surcharge of 3%. You can easily feel comfortable at HE2 since everyone is warm and caring. I suggest one books a Deluxe room to maximize your enjoyment in staying at HE2. You must also avail of their airport transfers costing $10 each way to avoid any possible inconveniences. Will DEFINITELY recommend this Hotel to anyone WITHOUT hesitation!

Unique Quality: Location in te Old Quarter is central with Hoan Kiem Lake only a few minutes walk. Memorial House is adjacent. Dong Xuan Market, Than Long Water Puppet Theatre, several temples are within walking distance and so are numerous Travel Cafes and restaurants. View of the Old Quarter from the balcony is an added bonus. Fresh fruits provided daily is always welcome after a long day of touring.

• Home away from home in Hanoi, Vietnam

We visited Hanoi in early Feb. 2007 and found the Hanoi Elegance through a previous review on this web site. We booked from Hoi An via phone for a rate of $50++ and got the last available room.

We have been in Vietnam for 3 weeks now and have stayed in everything from a 1/2 star to 5 star but rated Hanoi Elegance as our most enjoyable and comfortable stay. The location at 85 Ma May Street (opp. the Handspan office) is ideal and the restaurants and cafes in the Old Quarter are at your doorstep.

We were able to walk to the lake and shopping areas, buy a few DVDs go back to the room in the evening and watch a movie as we had a DVD player in the room as well as a laptop with internet access.

Breakfast is included, which is fine for what you are paying, but it's the service that we loved. The staff and management at Hanoin Elegance are genuinely trying to make your stay the best possible and nothing is too hard. We loved our stay at this hotel, with the stylish room decor, perfect location, hospitable staff and the most comfortable bed in Vietnam. I can highly recommend this hotel - it's a good one.

Unique Quality: Professional and friendly service
    Location
    Facilities

Directions: On a quieter street in center of Hanoi's Old Quarter

• Excellent hotel in Hanoi!

I wish to bring to your attention and highly recommend a new hotel in Hanoi, which has just very recently opened.

I have travelled extensively but have never before taken the trouble to write to you or any similar organization to recommend a hotel, but I was so pleased with the great value and outstanding service of the Hanoi Elegance Hotel that I felt obliged to do so.

There is more than one hotel in Hanoi called the Hanoi Elegance Hotel and I am only familiar with the one at 85 Ma May Street (a relatively more quiet street in the old quarter), www.hanoielegancehotel.com, email address:info@hanoielegancehotel.com. I do not know if it is anyway affiliated with any other hotel of the same name.

The hotel has rooms offered at US$28 and $US$60 per night (with discounts negotiable for stays longer than several days). All rooms have desk top computers with free internet access in the rooms, and are quiet and spotless with polished hardwood floors and new furniture etc. The rooms on the front of the building have large pleasant balconies over the street.
    The service is friendly, professional and more enthusiastic than I have ever experienced. When we returned from being away from Hanoi for several days without a reservation and the hotel was fully booked, they bent over backwards to find us another room, to the extent of the Manager personally taking us to view the rooms at alternate hotels (sadly none of which compared to the Hanoi Elegance).

As it happened because of our desire for flexibility and using Hanoi as a base for travel around Hanoi we were in and out of Hanoi several times and we had not made advance reservations so several times the hotel couldn`t accommodate us several nights on different occasions and consequently we stayed in 5 hotels in Hanoi ranging from the price of the Hanoi Elegance to US$100. None was nicer and none compared in value to the Hanoi Elegance Hotel."

Thank you for looking after us so well in Hanoi.

Yours truly,
    Graham

Unique Quality: Perfect location.
    Great staff
    Impeccable room
    Fully serviced (Fresh fruit is a great touch)
    Free Internet & inroom computer is a plus

Directions: Center of the Old Quarter of Hanoi

More about Hanoi Elegance 2

Nothing but the best at the Hanoi Elegance 2

by TripAdvisor Member janeqnguyen

We had a good feeling about this hotel from the beginning. All of our communication was done through email and the hotel staff was very prompt and courteous with all of their replies.
We arrived early in Hanoi and the staff let us check in early. EVERYONE (and I really do mean every single staff member) were both accomodating and cheerful.

The rooms themselves are what you would expect from a small boutique hotel. The room size (superior) was good enough for the two of us and it would have been a waste to spend any more money on a big room because we hardly spent any time there. The free internet/computer in the room was great because we were able to send emails from the comforts of our own room. Bottom line is, if you want to experience the true charm of Hanoi and the people, stay at a boutique hotel like this (Can't beat the location). Otherwise, book yourself a room at the Sofitel and know that you really are missing out.

We enjoyed the hotel so much that we even brought back a couple that we met on a tour. Unfortunately the rooms were all booked but the staff went out of the way, calling different hotels and helping the couple find another hotel. You can't beat that service!

To each and everyone one at Hanoi Elegance 2, thank you for making our stay in Hanoi great. You took care of us from beginning till end, everything from making sure that we were not cheated on our Taxis to holding all of our luggage when we went to Sapa. We will come back!!

Quynh Nguyen

Great Place - Great Price

by cheerssweetie about Hanoi Elegance Hotel - OLD QUARTER

This place was great and didn't blow the budget either.

Cost - USD$20.00 per night.
Room - 2 x King Single Beds, Cable TV, In Room Computer with Internet Access
- Bath and Shower, Toiletries including Breakfast.
- Spotless and clean
Services- Laundry, arranged tours - onward flights - taxi to airport and did not rip us off!!
Staff - Very efficent and friendly and have a good command of English. They were even
happy to hold other travellers luggage while we all went to Halong for 2 days.
Location- Handy to everything in the heart of the Old Quarter

BEST HOTEL IN VIETNAM

by meggy88 about HANOI ELEGANCE HOTEL 2

We stayed 5 nights in this mini hotel in Ma May street in the old quarter in Hanoi. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly, gave my mum some flowers and bottle of wine for her birthday. Breakfast was good, we stayed in the deluxe twin room which had a computer with free internet in our room, plus a DVD player which was handy. Our room was at the back of the hotel but with our window overlooking the roofs of the Old Quarter.

Location is good because Ma May street is one of the quieter streets in the old quarter and very close to the lake.

The Elegance was the best hotel we stayed at during our stay and also the cheapest at USD50.00/night inc breaky. Friendly Staff and location

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LAfriends2

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Hanoi Elegance 2 Hotel in Ma May Street on and off for a week. We had been looking on the internet and asking other travellers for advice and the comments on Tripadvisor and other sites were on the whole excellent. So we decided to try it. And we are so glad that we did. There are a whole range of rooms depending on how much you want to spend and we were able to get the room of our choice. It was good very clean room and we had everything we needed. We booked some trips through the hotel which were well organised and we met some other nice travellers. The service was 100% - while this isn't a 4* or 5* hotel all the staff here aim to provide that level of service. We certainly were not disappointed and I hope we have a chance to come back one day. And I would definately recommend this hotel to others who want a great value hotel in the centre of Hanoi with everything on the doorstep. Thanks Hanoi Elegance 2.

We'll come back again...

by TripAdvisor Member AnneKualaLumpur

My three (3) days stay at the Hanoi Elegance Hotel was truly a memorable one. I have read good reviews about the hotel before I booked, and I can say that the hotel truly lived up to my expectation
be it the staff or the condition. The staff were genuinely friendly especially the ones in Elegance One and were always there to offer their help. There was a coacroach in the bathroom one night and my friend and I were both terrified of that "little thing". We called the reception and they were up immediately to help us get rid of the coacroach.

I would definitely recommend my friends and family to stay in this Hotel if they are in Hanoi. As for my friends and I, we will definitely be back ...

Anne
Malaysia

Hotel in Hanoi

by 27narrow

Has anyone stayed in the Hanoi Elegance hotel on 8 Hang Bac Street. Their website has some nice pictures of their rooms. It seems there are two different hotels Hanoi Elegance 1 and Hanoi Elegance 2. Not sure if there is much difference.
Appeciate any feedback you might have.

Re: Hotel in Hanoi

by icequeen_n_snow

Ha Noi Elegance 1 has no difference from Hanoi Elegance 2 . I think the only difference is The address

Re: Hotel in Hanoi

by meggy88

We stayed at the Hanoi Elegance 2 on Ma May street and they were fantastic, think the difference between the 2 is that the first one is older, #2 only open Nov 2006 and #1 does not have a lift. Location of both is great but I liked #2 because it was in a smaller & quieter street, it also had computer in the room which was handy to check emails and do some further research - not sure if #1 has this. #2 was the best accomodation we had in Vietnam manly because of their service, value for money and location but would imagine there would be no service difference between the two hotels.

Comments