Hanoi Glory Hotel

16 Bao Khanh Str (moved from 24 Hang Quat Str), Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi, 84, Vietnam

More about Hanoi

Le Thai To Memorial,Hoan Kiem Lake,Ha Noi,Vietnam.Le Thai To Memorial,Hoan Kiem Lake,Ha Noi,Vietnam.

Entrance wayEntrance way

Lao Cai sceneLao Cai scene

Ho Chi Minh MuseumHo Chi Minh Museum

Has anyone taken any good cooking classes in Hanoi? Thanks

by jennie6886

I'd like to post this topic and ask if anyone has had any experience with cooking classes in Hanoi?

by betska

Didn't see any in Hanoi. But if you are going to Hoi An, there are a few. The best seems to be "Red Bridge"

by hientonkin

Hilton's hotel cooking class is quite pricey but heard good feedback from others.
Hidden Hanoi doing a good job.
Another choice is Highway 4 restaurant

I agreed, Red Bridge in Hoi An is great with boat trip and humourous chef ..

Hien

by linkin12

You join the Culinary Class which operating by Hanoi Cooking School. We very much enjoyed the cooking course. It was most fun, informative and the food was delicious. Both tour guide and chef were absolutely friendly and knowledgable.
Here the contact hanoiculinaryclass@gmail.com

Travel Tips for Hanoi

much in need of a beer

by richiecdisc

Due to Vietnamese hotel policy of taking your passport on signing in, I was in a vulnerable position to say the least. So, to avoid any further altercations, I told them, I would pay for my room plus the $29 each for the two train tickets and be on my way. The senior member of the two, asked if we were not happy with our room and we explained we were but not with the staff. Utilizing their own cultural reservations, I said that with TET approaching, we did not want to start the new year off in bad fashion and thus ruin the luck of the whole year. This seemed to bring them back to reality, at least theirs, and soon, we arrived at an agreement. We paid for the room up till that point plus the originally agreed upon price for the train tickets and we got our passports back so we could go to the bank. Needless to say, I never gave my passport to a hotel clerk again as it was always conveniently in the Cambodian Embassy awaiting visa approval, whereupon I would present a photocopy for their inspection and information purposes.

Much in need of a beer after this pre-festivities spectacle, I was happy to find an old woman on our corner with a freshly tapped keg of the local Bia Hoi, a tasty if watery brew. We downed quite a few with some locals and though there was no means of communication between us outside of the odd nod, wink and smile, this simple setting finally brought about the holiday feeling we had anticipated. The haggard old woman, in particular, was full of warmth and readily accepted us as one of her brood. As comfortable as it was, we decided to make our move to the waterfront to watch the fireworks. I motioned to pay and was embarrassed at the low cost of our bill. I tried to round it up but she refused anything extra. We shared one last smile and I happily walked away knowing that not everyone was out to make something extra on the TET this year. (concluded below in Fondest Memory)

Join the Hash House Harriers

by tina_vietnam

If you stay for longer period of time in Hanoi I recommend to join the Hash House Harriers. This group meets every Weekend to go running (yes, you can do this in Hanoi, although the first time you might think 'they are crazy to go jogging at 34 C and 95% humidity!'). But it's a great opportunity to meet other prople and see some places you might not find by yourself.

Hot DVD shopping

by goldcoaster

Straight across the road from the Lucky Hotel on Hang Trong Street is a DVD shop. The name escapes me but it is worth tracking down.

While this is a small shop compared to some of the others in Hanoi, the quality of the product is high. They also have these great pouches to carry your DVDs in. They are $2 each and if you buy 10 you get 1 free.

2 hours trip for USD5 per person on a bike!

by sightseeing

hotel > HCM Museum, HCM Mausoleum, One pillar Pagoda, HCM stilt house>temple of literature>Hanoi Hilton>hotel.

above are the itinerary...was it a ripped off??i dunno...

if he does ripped me off because i'm not local..well, that was his sin...

Best Burgers in Vietnam

by Tusitala about The Real Kangaroo Cafe

Aussie proprietor, Max, has been in Hanoi for years and years, and there's little he doesn't know about anything and he's happy to point you in the right direction for anything (be it DVDs or day tours). He and his friendly local team cook up a storm ... the burger I had there was about the best meal I had in Vietnam. I know it sounds sacriligious but after a couple of weeks of great local Vietnamese meals you sometimes just crave something downhome familiar and tasty. Their freshly brewed coffee will also have you perked up for more adventure.

Note: they also serve local and vegetarian meals.

Comments