Hanoi Lakeside Hotel

19 Hang hanh, (formerly Loyalty Hotel), Hanoi, 1000, Vietnam
Hanoi Old Centre Hotel
Booking.com Agoda.com Expedia.com

More about Hanoi Lakeside Hotel

Really great place. excellent staff

by TripAdvisor Member Loubelle2839

We arrived at the Loyalty hotel after being very promptly picked up at the airport by one of thier drivers.
Average looking hotel in a really busy street. We had a wak around town later and found that most of the hotels in hanoi are in fact on busy noisy streets. The location was excellent though...come out and there is the lake.
The hotel room we had was fine, clean, had a good shower, plus a TV for the rainy days. The staff are the main plus point of the loyalty. They will help you as much as they possibly can. We booked a birthday cruise on Halong bay with them and it was excellent. They also kept our bags while we were away. Then we couldnt find anywhere to stay in Hoi An so they called round to lots of different hotels and got us a good deal on a lovely place. We would definately stay there again if we returned to Hanoi.

nice location, clean, quiet rooms, efficient staff

by TripAdvisor Member cathygeneva

We stayed in July for nearly one week in that hotel and we were very happy. As I said, the hotel has a good location, straight in the center of the old quarter in a small quiet street which is rare in hanoi with all the noise of vendors, on-going traffic. Mrs. Moon, the owner of Loyalty and Golden Sun hotels is very helpful and trains well her staff who is warm, helpful and speaks well English. They all answered our requests and were very flexible. They help you honestly to book airtickets, tours, etc. I have just recommended her hotel to a friend who is now there and says the same thing. We definitely go back next time to both hotels.

made me want to crush out my own eardrums

by TripAdvisor Member b-rocket

When construction is done this may be a nice hotel. The staff was pleasant and helpful and it was very clean.

At present the constant building construction on either side is horrendous. It starts at 6:30 am and goes until after 8pm all 7 days of the week. At times the person with the drill was within 14 inches of being inside the room as me. At other times I was convinced the drill would come through the wall.

The power supply and cable tv were variable affected so forget using a/c or television to help drown out the god-awful noise.

Great Hotel with brilliant staff

by TripAdvisor Member Canner0350

Firstly, there was construction work going on either side of it, but this is not the hotel's fault, and i really pitied the reception staff who had it far noisier than the guests did. While it was noisy, if you're coming to Hanoi, you really have to be prepared for the noise 24/7. i had to buy earplugs to sleep, just from the noise of the traffic, which had nothing to do with the hotels location, but was just part of Vietnam.
The hotel itself is very good. the rooms are spotlessly clean and are very comfortable. the location is excellent, only 30 seconds from the lake and within walking distance of all the major sights.breakfast is served in the lobby, which isn't really ideal, but it was nice.free internet in the lobby too. Didn't book any trips thru the hotel but their brochures certainly seemed to offer good trips.
However, it is the staff that make your stay memorable. The women on reception are extremely friendly and great fun, and really go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
We enjoyed our stay so much, that we came back for 2 more nights after a trip to Halong Bay for a few nights.

Great customer service and room

by TripAdvisor Member Blu_Rock

I stayed at the Loyalty Hotel for a total of about 8 days while in Hanoi. I stayed in two differnet rooms, a room with a double bed over looking the street and a larger room at the rear that had a double and a single bed. Plenty of hot water, great A/C and fan. This hotel is only relatively new so I got a very good price on the room, US$30 per night and for this area, it is was very good value.

As per the other reviewers, I was really impressed with the staff at Loyalty who were extremely helpful, spoke good English and spent a lot of time helping me with tips on where to go for shopping, sightseeing and dining. All the staff from the front counter people (Mr Ha and Miss Hanh) to the room cleaners were very friendly and accomodating and made my stay enjoyable.

I also booked a Halong Bay 2 night 3 day tour with the Hotel and everything was perfect with the cruise.

The construction work was still going on but it looks as if the really noisy phase is over and it was bearable as the construction was more or less limited from 8am to 7pm.

I have no hesitation in recommending this conveniently-located hotel located adjacent to the north west of the lake.

Loyalty Hotel -Friendly,Convenient ,Clean and Good Value!!.

by TripAdvisor Member Peter902

We stayed at the Loyalty Hotel in Hanoi on the 1st,6th,8th and 9th of October before and after trips to Sapa and Halong Bay and for a further two nights before we flew home.The staff are very professional and friendly and we had many enjoyable conversations with them especially my daughter as she like them is soccer crazy!!.The Loyalty is located in a quiet shady street in in the Old Quarter of Hanoi just a couple of minutes walk from Hokiem Lake and for exploring the fascinating streets in the Old Quarter.We Had a large family room with A/C, Satellite TV and a very good bathroom on the 6th floor with great views over Hokiem Lake which cost us $65.00(US) per night including breakfast, which we thought was great value for a family of four.The rooms are cleaned daily and we were able to fill our water bottles in the lobby.
I left my glasses on the on train from Hue to Hanoi and the staff were very helpful in organising a police report for insurance and also for providing a staff member and motorcycle for no cost to me to go back to Hanoi station to look for them, unfortunately to no avail.
We will definitely be staying at the Loyalty Hotel next time we visit Hanoi.

The Gatehouse Family.
Victoria, Australia.

Lovely Boutique Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Debz66

Stayed only one night but this little hotel really made an impression on both my husband and I the staff were gorgeous oh so friendly absolutely nothing was a problem this hotel will definitely be first on our list when in Hanoi. Breakfast was so nice and it was so clean and you couldnt wish for a better location well done Loyalty Hotel you are fantastic.

great place- will be better when construction finished nearby

by TripAdvisor Member noosa_blue

I was actually booked to stay at the Heart Hotel who "bumped" me to the Loyalty ( due to bangkok crisis and guests who couldnt leave)
I have to agree with most of the comments already posted- staff really great especially Ngoc ( I hope Ive spelt that right) - they went out of their way to help me with Sapa tickets, hotel and train transfers, finding a hotel in Sapa and tickets to Nha Trang.

I was in a $30 room - super comfy, and clean, had TV and all amenitities including lift and decent breakfasts I always travel with earplugs in asia so any noise from construction wasnt problematic.

the location is perfect - a few minutes to the Lake and old quarter, lots of eateries nearby

I will be back !.

The most wonderful staff ever!

by TripAdvisor Member Fisherman34

I had the pleasure of taking a tour group of 11 to Hanoi for seven days this past December. I have taken tour groups (I'm not a professional tour guide, just a teacher who leads) to many places around the world. I can honestly say that the staff at this hotel was by far the most caring and supportive of any with whom I have ever worked! Not just one person but the entire staff. My group and I felt like we were cared for like we were the only guests of the hotel.

Mrs. Moon was outstanding in communicating prior to our arrival and was equally helpful while we were in this city. The hotel was located in the Old District of the city and was convenient to everthing - especially shopping and restaurants!

I would highly recommend this location to anyone. I certainly look forward to returning with other groups in the future.

Curt Breland

Great small hotels with excellent service and good location

by TripAdvisor Member Travelpath

I have booked this hotel after reading many reviews in tripadvisor. First, I was not sure about the price as it is rated as number 21 out of many hundred hotels in Hanoi. After few days, we were contacted by Hotel Manager, Ms. Hanh for more details of our trip. She is not only helping us for the transfer pick up deal which was very good, she also recommend us for the tour and other information about Hanoi.

When we arrived Hanoi late night on Friday 13 March, the driver of contacted Van was already waiting for us at the airport and he was not angry when we asked him to wait for one more friend who came from Ho Chi Minh and her flight was delayed for half and hour. We arrived hotel safely with the very good first impression when we see the room (we booked 2 triple rooms and one double room).

During our stay in Hanoi, all staffs here are very friendly and they are very helpful... they do not hesitate to assist us any thing - from small issues, like guide us where to eat, how much is the taxi, book us the tour, give us good exchange rate, till helping us buying PHO from local Vietnamese restaurant nearby. We really feel comfortable and we feel like we are staying at home. I have heard about the [--] story of Vietnamese people in Hanoi, but I have to say that we were lucky that we didn't have that experience during our 4 days there and we always get good deals of every thing by the assistance of the hotel staff.... Without them, our lives in Hanoi would be much different - and more complicated.

The hotel decoration is also very nice and bright with all amenities that we might need during living in Hotels. The rooms for 3 people is very comfortable and big... which we could do our meeting of 8 people in one room easily. The bed is very soft and clean which is good for your long day after doing all exploring in town or sightseeing with the tour. Also the location of Hotel is super.... we can walk around the famous lake easily..., the hotel is located near many of nice restaurants, such as Little Hanoi (which you should go and tatse their food), Good Pho and Chicken rice at a small restaurant near the hotel.

We once were [--] by a taxi driver... The hotel told us for the fee of 2 USD for 8 people, but once we got into Taxi, he wanted to charge us 10 USD instead... I denied to pay and informed him that I will talk with Hotel staff only. Then, the driver shout at us and asked us to leave which we did and I didn't pay any single Dong and just walked away (in fact walked back to hotel and get new taxi).

If I go back to Honoi, I probably stay at this hotel again and I will also recemmend any ones to go there. Then you will see the nice & friendly side of the Vietnamese people.

Comments