Hanoi Pearl Hotel

6 Cau Go, Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam
Pearl Suites Hotel
Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Hanoi

Ba Dinh Square,Ha Noi,Vietnam.Ba Dinh Square,Ha Noi,Vietnam.

The StudyThe Study

facade of the mausoleumfacade of the mausoleum

Puppets and musicians splash aroundPuppets and musicians splash around

Thang Long water Puppet Show

by Maykong

Where do I get the tickets in advance and normally how many days in advance do I need to take ?

by nzbased

Hi, we booked the same day, and had no problems. In fact, we had almost front row seats. But it may depend on the time of year (high/low season). If you have a few days in Hanoi, you could definitely book ahead while there.

by stamporama

Right at the theater itself, there's a ticket booth at the entrance (see my tip on this below). You can actually buy and watch the same day if there aren't a lot of tourists in town. If you plan to go to Halong then I suggest you buy them at least 2 days before the show so you could watch when you return to Hanoi.

by Brighton09

You don't need to book in advance. Or you could book in advance before 4 hours, and your hotel in Hanoi can help you to book

Travel Tips for Hanoi

Temple Construction

by guell

The temples of Vietnam are traditionally constructed entirely of wood and assembled without nails or screws. Roof trusses are held in place by a complex lattice of stiles and rails.

One of the best examples of traditional Temple architecture is the Temple of Literature.

Traditional Living in the Mountains

by Brisvegaskid

Through Handspan Travel (80 Ma May St, Hanoi) we booked a tour to Sa Pa. We (2 adults, 2 teenage daughters) travelled overnight on the train in a 4-berth sleeper. We slept better than we expected. On arrival we were taken by bus on a very scenic journey to Sa Pa - about an hour. From here we went from the Handspan office by jeep to the start of our trek.

We had our own guide, for just our family. We trekked 18km up through the mountains and down clay paths, through the paddi fields, over streams with hanging bridges and through the local villages. We stayed with a family in their village home. Cold water, our own towels, very clean squat toilet, beds with no sheets (we had our own silk sheets) and we ate what they ate. We loved it and it was the highlight of our whole trip - but don't consider doing this if you have different expectations.

Buying ceramic

by Applelyn about Local Crafts

In all the shops I went to in Hanoi, this shop owner was the only one that didnt push her products. Even though I didnt buy anything from her as it was only my first day there, she helped me with directions to get to my restaurant. I guess this is good customer service. A look around her products, the price tags looked reasonable but "bargain" is still a must. In this shop you can find, ceramic ware, stone ware and masks. I like the colourful ceramic tea set with a wooden tray. It is good for display or a gift. It really depends on the quality. On average about USD5.

It has many place to go out at...

by UScutie

It has many place to go out at night .You can enjoy cofe'teria like French style.Sit down out side or inside and talk and drink cup of cofee or tea till you are tired .Or you can go dancing some club located in big hotel ( mean 4 to 5 star ).
-If you want go to CASINO ,here is the place .It located about half hour from down town Ha Long next to DO SON beach and it 've build less than 5 yrs ago .Most hotel have the casino phone number .You can take taxi or hire moto bring you there and spend long night to play many game similar Casino in Las Vegas ( but of course building is samller ) .It has dancing room for weekend and some time has concert there too.Check out when you are there.This picture took from Casino up on the hill view down to Do Son beach .

There are rickshaws and rickshaws. . . .

by kokoryko

Some local people still call them pousse-pousse, the French name for these vehicles.
I only used once that kind of transportation medium in Hanoi, so I cannot tell a lot about, but for short distances, in the old city they are quite useful and agreeable.
Two sorts of rickshaws:
--The ones waiting for the customers at hotels and tourist spots; I do not know the price for a short ride, and I do not like a lot being “hooked” by these guys who are a bit “aggressive”.
--The ones you find on markets and other popular places, not specially looking for the foreigners, just waiting for customers; I paid 40.000 Dong from Quan Than temple to the Hotel Metropole (4 km), probably not very expensive.
Sitting in the rickshaw is a bit scaring at the beginning in the heavy traffic of Hanoi, but after a few minutes, you get used, and even begin to think of making pictures of what happens around in the traffic or on the roadsides. It is enjoyable to go around in a rickshaw, but again, the drivers do not speak English, so, be patient and use a map to explain where you want to go.

Comments