Hanoi Phoenix Hotel

43 Bat Su, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, 10000, Vietnam

More about Hanoi Phoenix Hotel

want every penny in your pocket

by TripAdvisor Member ShanghaiAnn

The man behind the reception looked quite nice and friendly when I checked in.
I wanted to book a train ticket from Hanoi to Nanning, and I asked what's the price of the ticket and what's the handling charge. He told me the total cost should be 68$, and they only had 3$ for the handling. But later I found out that the ticket itself costs only 750,000 VND, which was only 45$.
And I booked an one-day-trip to Ha Long Bay, he quoted price @28$. The next day, I found that everyone else in the group to Ha Long Bay only paid 22$.
I was quite upset, not because of the money, but I just felt I was fooled and cheated all the time, the "nice" guy just wanted you to pay more. This is the worst hotel I've been stayed, and worst experience I've had.
My suggestion is that even you book this hotel, don't book any other things with them. Once you ask for other service, you start to step into the trap. At least you should check with other travel agents which are just all over Hanoi.

Recommended Hotel !!!

by TripAdvisor Member roseana789

Is one of the best hotel I ever stayed. With that rate we can get free internet(even print) , tea and coffee also breakfast. Thanks to Kevin (best staff there !!!) He arrange all my tour during my stay there very well !

Good value and location

by TripAdvisor Member Anna_Wien

We stayed at the Phoenix hotel for four nights and enjoyed our stay at the hotel very much. After loads of dirty, smelling rooms, we enjoyed the clean bathroom and comfortable beds a lot. I would definitely recommend the hotel to others. Rooms are well equipped, although on the small side, and some rooms come with windows facing a tiny and dark courtyard.
However the location is perfect, the Old Quarter is within walking distance. There are three internet stations in the lobby, free of charge for guests. Breakfast was not overwhelming but considering the price we've paid for the room, it was ok.
We did not book any tours or tickets at the hotel, although the staff was eager to sell us some. The main operators all have offices in the Old Quarter, so I recommend to go there directly and check for the best offers as the quality of the tours is highly different.

The Phoenix a gem in the old quarter

by TripAdvisor Member HanoiSeb2008

Very good hotel, located in the old quarter. I would recommend the 35 dollar rooms with balcony and internet in the room, which are very good value. The staff are very friendly and go out of there way to be helpful and organised a very good trip for us to Halong Bay. I really enjoyed my stay at the Phoneix hotel and will be going back again when I am in Hanoi next.

Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member doris321

I never saw a hotel manager that was so eager to make his guest feel well and comfortable in his hotel. You can be sure that they will take care of you in this hotel. Not only were the rooms clean and well looked after, the manager will certainly make sure that you will not pay too much for taxis and other services you might need.
I am very happy to say that with what ever problems we had we could come to our hotel manager (Mr. Nguyen) and he personally would handle it. Thank you very much for this pleasant stay!

Good hotel but reservation problem

by TripAdvisor Member Damslapougne

Before going to a trip in Halong Bay, we went to this hotel, we booked a room for the night after and we let our luggage there. The boss said it was OK and he kept our luggage. But the day after when we came back after our trip, the boss said: "Sorry but we have no more room!"
We were really furious! He proposed us to stay in another hotel but we didn't want, we wanted to stay in this hotel!
After 1 hour of hard negotiations and complains, he finally found an available room!
I don't know what happens but I would prefer he found the room sooner instead of loosing one hour complaining and looking for another hotel.

The day after we wanted to stay another night but we had to leave: "No rooms available"

Here is my critics:

Staff:
The staff is OK, helpful and sympathetic. After our reservation problem, the boss was a little weird with us... I didn't appreciate that the staff watch DVDs with loud sound and the phone ringtone (the yelling cat ringtone is terrible)

Room:
Clean, silent (we chose a room with no windows): everything was OK

Breakfast:
It's included in the room rate. The pancake and the noodle soup was good.

Other accommodation:
There is 4 computers we can use for free to check email

Conclusion: I recommend this hotel but be careful with your reservation!

Gorgeous stay at Phoenix

by TripAdvisor Member ubaycito

It s a clean and well located place with a really smilley and helpful Staff.
We never had any problem at all and they organized all our trips and transport at very fair price.
Also, they helped me when I lost some money so I could get it back...
You ll not have any problems there, don t hesitate
USS

Its a really normal hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Eugenial

We were at this hotel for 5 nights in total. It's very clean but it has no lift (and there are 6 stories) and the breakfastt its terrible. They only have 4 options for the breakfast and you can't repeat. I think breakfast is really poor for the price. Its good that they have internet for free it was pretty useful for us.

We travelled to different parts of Vietnam and we were going back to the hotel between tours. We told them that we wanted to stay at the same room always but this was impossible. We stayed every night in a different one. They offered us to stay in the most expensive room which have balcony. I'd not recommend this at its really-really noisy. The problem with the other is that they dont have windows at all or they have a tiny interior window.

they dont have the prices published, so I suspect the charge you depending on how you get there. We were charged 20$/night as it was the price we found in a hotels booking website but Im sure most people were paying less. There are other hotels same quality and cheaper.

Hospitality in Ha Noi.

by TripAdvisor Member lauriejohnson90

I booked a room at the Ha Noi Phoenix Hotel and also used their email address to contact the manager and arrange transport from the airport. This was all successfully achieved with minimal fuss. The driver and car were waiting as arranged and both driver and car were neat and tidy.

Upon arrival I was shown a range of rooms depending on price. I chose a room and stayed for three nights. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the room was quiet and large enough for my needs. As is stated in other reviews the manager and indeed all the staff are friendly and helpful. There is no pressure to purchase any tours (although in some cases it is better value to do so - it is the traveller's choice).

Free tea and coffee is provided all day and the breakfasts were very good. Indeed the baguettes were fresh as were the omlettes and fresh fruit. It was an easy and appetising way tostart the day of adventures in Ha Noi.

The manager was very helpful in regard to information and I was warned to take care when dealing with motor-cycle taxi drivers. These people are less than honest and his warning was timely given the number of these that dot Hoan Kiem District. I was also given helpful advice on places I wanted to see and restaurants I might wish to try. I did and they were good, especially for Vietnamese food.

In conclusion this was a delightful place to stay. I have travelled in this region (S.E. Asia) for several decades and I will always remember my stay at the Hotel Phoenix Ha Noi.

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member HenrikCopenhagen

This small and cosy hotel is located right in the heart of everything in the old quarter of Hanoi. For those who visit Hanoi for the first time - as we did - it can be a little shocking to see all the locals doing their everyday things (cooking, eating, relaxing, even sleeping) on the streets and right outside of your hotel door but we found out that that is how it is in most of central Hanoi.
The manager of the Hotel, Calvin is just a marvelous guy who goes out of his way to help you with all things big and small. And his english is perfect which is also quite helpful.
Cleaning standards are fine. The breakfast Pho chicken soup is delicious and should be preferred to the french bread.

(Henrik from Copenhagen, Denmark. Together with his wife and two boys.)

Comments