Hanoi Serenity Hotel

1B Cua Dong St.,, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, 10000, Vietnam

Hanoi Serenity Hotel
Booking.com Agoda.com Hotels.com

• Don't stay anywhere else!

We stayed here in October 09 and cant rave about it enough! The staff were so friendly and went out of their way to do anything for you.

When we went to Halong Bay they looked after our bags for us and then offered us a free room when we got back for a few hours to freshen up before we headed to Sapa. We arrived back from Sapa at 4.30am and they let us in and gave us another room free of charge to have a sleep and freshen up until another room was available for check in later.. they actually sleep in the reception area...

Unique Quality: Breakfast was divine... and part of the room rate. The rooms were huge, clean and had everything you needed incl air con, wifi, tv and fridge.

More about Hanoi Serenity Hotel

The place to stay in Hanoi !

by TripAdvisor Member schroem

This really nice family run hotel made a great starting point for our trip through Vietnam. Mr Son and his team have been really helpfull, trustworty and reliable in booking flights, trips and giving advices for site seeing and restaurants. Their friendly attitude made our stay in Serenity Hotel feeling like at home. The rooms, clean and spacious, are equiped with all you need to make your stay enjoyable. Brekfast is good and coffee excellent ! Being located in the historical center of Hanoi makes it easy to explore the lively area.

The perfect place to stay in Hanoi- very friendly, helpful, clean and safe.

by TripAdvisor Member paddletothesea

I stayed at the Serenity Hotel the first part of Jan and again the end of February while traveling through Vietnam and SE Asia. It was my first time to Vietnam so I didn't know what to expect from anything. I had not made any hotel arraingments and was told about the Serenity from another guesthouse that was booked up.

I found out that the Serenity was brand new having opened in December.
The hotel is in the old historic district of Hanoi and is easily walking distance to the major areas of the city. I explored on foot all over the historic district from the Hotel.

The hotel was very clean. The lobby is very tidy, good lighting, a seating area to sit and read, a complimentary breakfast including coffee, juice and tea. The also have free internet service which allowed me to research other areas of Asia I wanted to explore and/or to book airline flights from. The rooms are all new! New paint, floors, bathrooms, beds...everything! My room was plenty big for my solo travels. There was a large closet, desk and spacious clean bathroom with HOT water. They also supplied free complimentary soap, shampoo, toothbrush and paste which you dont see in other guesthouses very often.

The room also had a phone and TV as well as a fridge! The area is very quiet and not near any noisy streets or bars so once the night came it was very quiet to sleep.

What was the best thing about the hotel is the friendly staff. The front desk people (Son, Thuy, and Tu (sp?) were very helpful in planning my entire stay and travel activities. They booked tours throughout Vietnam including train tickets to Sapa, boat trip to Halong, bus rides to Hue as well as taxi's to the airport. This made my trip so much more enjoyable since I didnt have to waste my time trying to communcate with people whom I dont know their language to properly make my own plans. Thus the front desk which speak very good English and fluent Vietnamese were able to quickly plan all my trip logistics without me having to worry about anything. Can you imagine me (who doesn't speak Vietnamese) trying to explain over the phone to a tour operator that I wanted to arrainge a trip to Halong bay? Just a simple question could easily get misinterpreted or take a long time to explain. With the help of Thuy, Son, and Tu they made all the calls and arraingments for me. Wonderful!!!

I highly recommend staying here. The rooms are inexpensive, clean, and close to all the major areas in Hanoi where I wanted to visit. My impresssions of Hanoi are now very positive and i look forward to visiting there again and staying at the Serenity Hotel once again.

None others like Home

by TripAdvisor Member Phoenixfong

No doubt Serenity Hotel is my first experience with Hanoi Hotel, i wouldn't trade it for any other with the excellent services provided by Mr Son and his team. The atmosphere at Serenity Hotel makes one really feels at home even if you are left "alone" (just like me when i'm too tired to join my friends for more outings ha-ha-ha). The thought of Mr Son inviting me for dinner with his staff and other inhouse guests is something far from my imagination. Such special arrangement and experience is very unique and rare.. something I have not experienced thoughout my entire travelling (hotel stay) within and abroad.

All in all- Serenity Hotel is the hotel for me in Hanoi- "Feel at Home" and all this could only be possible with good personnel like Mr Son and his excellent team - with so much fun & sense of humor which makes my stay memorable ...

Special thanks to Mr Son for our good stay in Hanoi and tour to Sapa and HalongBay. Hope to meet you again.
Warm Regards
Joyce Ooi & friends (Malaysia)
Feb 27 - 4th March 2009

HANOI is wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member ViviIpoh

Serenity hotel is good to stay. Room is clean and comfort. It is located in crowd market
which is convenient to shop around by walking or taking public transport. Here also can find lots of restaurant/stall selling local food or even can find western food as well. We are enjoying much and sure will come & stay again! I just have one comment to this hotel, I hope Serenty can provide more choices on their breakfast so that we can enjoy variety of breakfast and not boring even a long stay in this hotel.

Little oasis in the middle of a hectic city

by TripAdvisor Member EllesP

I am typing this review while laying in my comfi bed here at the Serenity. I am a female single traveller and my room is huge. Very nicely decorated ant spotless. The tv and the well filled (cheap) fridge are the extra icing on the cake (no I am not from LP). The batroom is small but convinient enough and the towels are cristal white and huge.
The noise is pretty much out there and I can sleep her without ear plugs (jippie!!!!). How awsome is that in the noisiest town I have ever been in my life (Delhi, Pondycherry Bangkok, Yangoon...you are sereen compared to this bizarre town).

After a ride on the nighttrain from SAPA I arrived last morning for the 2nd time in this hotel. I took a moterbike from the trainstation and apparently I got robbed, no more money nor credit card etc etc.. Awful, but the manager/owner of the hotel helped me in every possible way to make the whole experience (read:adventure). I didn't freak out totally thanks to him. He went to the police station for a form, he translated everything into Vietnamees so I will have a police report soon (instead of going there myself and spend 2 days filling in questions etc). I was also allowed to make free phonecalls etc.
What a service!!!! I stayed all they in the lobby and saw that the owner and his family and the staff have lunch together, which I found very nice to see.

Anyway, I am on the 5th floor, great exercise daily after too much good Hanoi food. Make sure you make a reservation if you are not that sportive and want to stay on a lower floor.
PS there is a 6th floor for wannabe future Olympic athleets..;-)

The price vs quality is superbe her!

Great Service and Staff

by TripAdvisor Member kmoraonline

My wife and I are traveling to 20 countries in 10 months and have been to 40 hotels around the world thus far. The staff at Hanoi Serenity Hotel were by far the most accommodating that we have come across on our travels, especially considering that 8 high-maintenance family members from the States flew out to meet us and stayed at the hotel. The staff were willing to move people to different rooms to put the family closer together/on lower floors for the older members who had difficulty walking up the many flights of stairs. The staff also let us take over their kitchen on several occasions to cook family meals and even ran errands for us to pick up missing ingredients.

The driver was there to pick us up at the Hanoi airport and another staffer was at the train station at 5am when we returned from a Sapa tour package (which we arranged through the hotel, along with a Halong Bay tour, both of which went off without a hitch and were highlights of our 3 weeks in Vietnam).

The hotel itself was fine, its location is a few blocks away from the main tourist strip, which we preferred. Although hot showers don't last too long at full power (just turn the pressure down a bit and the showers last longer) and the area lost power a couple of times (not the hotel's fault by any means).

We would recommend the hotel to other traveler's who are looking for a reasonably-priced place to stay with excellent service, especially if you know that your travel companions can be demanding.

Friendly Staff - Beautiful Rooms - Wonderful Memories of Hanoi

by TripAdvisor Member marmaladeo

What a perfect place to start my first ever solo trip! Hanoi can be a bit intimidating with all its chaos and noise! The hotel made arrangements to pick-up me up from the airport for a very reasonable rate... they arrived on time and had a sign with my name... very reassuring. The hotel staff also looked after getting an extension on my visa permit after I arrived. The staff was very friendly, fun, helpful and eager to make my stay pleasant. The rooms were clean and comfortable and breakfast was good. I liked the location of the hotel... it's away from the bustle of the centre of the old quarter but it does have its own bustle! It's on the edge of the old quarter but within easy walking distance to everything. I walked to the hotel from the train station when I returned from Sapa... although I wouldn't recommend this for everyone! The staff also did their best to accommodate me when I arrived before check-in because of the overnight bus.

Thanks to the Serenity Hotel staff... you helped to make Hanoi a wonderful memory!

The excellent Staff & their determination to help in any way made Hanoi even more special

by TripAdvisor Member NippyYallingup

Mr Son & all his assistants certainly make the weary traveller feel most welcome. Their concern for your wellbeing, trips you are planning, & making time for a pleasant chat makes this a great place to stay when in Hanoi. The foyer and breakfast area were the places to be when you needed to find out the best places to visit, dine or relax. This space was a refreshing change from most other hotelswhere so often you feel as if you are in the way - here you are part of the group & can get to know other travellers and hear of their travels.

Excellent Hotel Choice

by TripAdvisor Member BlancheCapel

An excellent hotel to stay at whilst in Hanoi. The staff were extremely helpful, organising all our trips, luggage storage, taxis and delivery and collection from train and airport - regardless of the time of arrival. Rooms were very clean and well appointed. Breakfasts included in price. Even meals ordered in if we didn't feel like eating out. Excellent assistance when two of our party were ill and required medical assistance.
Highly recommended for service and value for money.

Comments