Hanoi View Hotel

35-37 Bat Su Street, Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem Dist, Bat Su, Hanoi, 00844, Vietnam

More about Hanoi View Hotel

Limestone karst sceneryLimestone karst scenery

Room with a view!Room with a view!

Ho Chi Minh MuseumHo Chi Minh Museum

Bobby Chinn Restaurant HanoiBobby Chinn Restaurant Hanoi

Hanoi View Hotel (N.B. not Lake View or Star View)

by jescob

Has anyone stayed at this (fairly new) hotel. Can't find any reviews anywhere. Thanks

Re: Hanoi View Hotel (N.B. not Lake View or Star View)

by daawgon

Tripadvisor has reviews for that hotel:

Re: Hanoi View Hotel (N.B. not Lake View or Star View)

by daawgon

wrong URL, sorry:

Hotel promotion in Hanoi

by elisazanoni

Hi All, anyone knows or suggest any good 3*hotel promotion in Hanoi for me, I'm going to visit there next month. many thanks.

Re: Hotel promotion in Hanoi

by Morozov

Hi!
In Hanoi I was too satisfied by Jasmine Hotel.
Have a good trip!

Re: Hotel promotion in Hanoi

by AnneBar

I'm lucky to staying at Hanoi View Hotel when they're just open. Receptionist Ms. Thoan (she's really helpful) told me they will have special price until 30 september.
I got the hotel's details here: Address: 35 - 37 Bat Su Street - Hoan Kiem District - Hanoi - Vietnam .
Tel: 84 4 3923 3738 - 392.
URL: http://www.hanoiviewhotel.com
You can check their site for more information.

Padi Rats

by mthl79

Hi all,

I am planning a short 5 days trip to Hanoi before flying off to Bangkok, I am still doing my research of Hanoi, like where to stay, where to go, a must visit place, how to get around, do's and don'ts and etc, however I would like hear from some of you guys who have been there and done that to give some inside tips or advised. One things that I am looking for this trip is the Padi Rats delicacy in Hanoi which I really wanna try, however I can't seem to find that place, I have read some blog with video clips on it, it only mentioned 15km from Hanoi, anyway here can help me?

thanks

by betska

Never heard of Padi rats. But there are dog meat resturants about 10 k's north of Hanoi. Maybe they cook rats as well???
I wasn't very impressed with where I stayed in Hanoi, but if you look at the pages of VT member "dancinbudgie" she has just returned from Hanoi and has some great up-to-date tips for Hanoi.

by idy

Are these the rats they flush out of their rice fields?

I believe the Cambodians export a whole bunch of them daily over the border to Vietnam, where they're considered a delicacy. (Not so much a delicacy as the poor man's meat in Cambodia.)

So I suspect you might have better luck asking a local (hotel front desk and so forth) if a VTer doesn't have the information. Not much help, I know, but it's also something I'd want to sample if I were going to Vietnam.

Good luck!

by olaga

where to stay: I recommend you stay around Hoan Kiem Lake, old quarter: Hanoi view hotel, Majestic Salute hotel.... You could check all the hotels : hotels - in - vietnam.com
where to go: Hanoi city tour, Ha Long Bay ( 2 days - 1 night)

by mthl79

thanks for the info, on the Rat meat, I will try to look around :)

Travel Tips for Hanoi

remember, this is a Communist country

by richiecdisc

Though Vietnam welcomes Western visitors, it is a decidedly Communist country and one should keep this in mind when dealing with officials. There is a lot of red tape in getting even simple things accomplished, such as securing a visa to Cambodia or Laos. Though one does not feel entirely restricted, there is a prevailing feeling of being under some kind of control. There is also rampant corruption on the political level though that does not seem confined to Communist governments, now does it? Still, locals feel there are kickbacks to be paid as a general rule. This unfortunately equates to tourists being subjected to like thinking which often leads to feelings of mistreatment to those not accustomed to such practices.

Vietnam Military History Museum

by victorwkf

If you are interested in the military history of Vietnam and happens to be at the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Ba Dinh Square area, there is a Vietnam Military History Museum located at Dien Bien Phu Road which is worth visiting. This museum is located at the side of a huge rectangular citadel which is a military area with restricted access (but the museum is opened to the public). Also, outside of this museum, you will see the tall and huge Cot Co Flag tower with the Vietnamese flag flying on top of it (see photo).

Hang Da market

by Ladyfromasia

This local 3 floored indoor market is well-known for second-hand (used) cloths, shoes, bags. Do not forget to try your bargant tallent here :) You can buy good fruits and food at the first floor or you can try some unique vietnames food here.

Beware of the Taxis in Hanoi

by thanathon9

I just came back from Hanoi yesterday and just wanted to let everyone know how bad most taxis are in Hanoi. Before my trip I did read on many websites including this one on how tricky taxis were in Hanoi but was told by a friend that they have cleaned this up - BUT ITS NOT TRUE!!
I started of my trip with a taxi (which I got my hotel to call for me) from my hotel in the Old Quarter to the Ho Chi Minh Maousaleum. This trip took 15 mins and about 30,000D which sounded fairly reasonable. The meter also was not dodgy and increased slightly every time we moved.
After enjoying my day around the sites here I decided to take a taxi from the temple of literature back to my hotel. I was really tired so got on the first one available (many taxis were waiting out side and I just got on the bloody worst one!) The meter was normal and started off at 12000D which is the standard fare, however due to my fatigue it was 50,000 after 3 minutes. After telling the driver my thoughts about him cheating and wanting to get down on the next stop it jumped 1,000D every second and was 100,000D in no time and by the time he stopped the meter read 130,000D. Luckily I keep my money in seperate areas and spent most in my wallet leaving only 80,000D. He stated yapping Mafia Mafia and pointing to his old geezerd body stating he is part of the Mafia - hardly like it but better safe than sorry. I showed him the cash and tried getting out but he used the baby lock so I couldnt open the door from inside. I demanded he opened the door so he lowered the back window so i opened the door from the outside chucked what ever cash i had in his face slammed the door and got out.
The amount of money wasnt alot I mean 80,000D is only about 4 bucks so it wasnt the money i was mad about but the manner of it. For those of you reading I am also sorry not to get the plates or the company because I was really mad. I am sure there are still good and honest cabs but the bad ones really project a bad image for all taxis.

I only took a taxi twice during my stay in hanoi but i would recommend that you get your hotel to call you one and maybe use the larger companies like what everyone says on here.

PS Count your change for everything because I seem never to get the right amount back. Thre notes here are in large denominators so becareful!!

Must try

by mojo1980 about San Ho Resturant

Tried the " Fresh seafood on steamboat". The waitress told me its one person worth of serving, but after eating, it should be 2. Anyway, the broth taste great and the food is fresh as they catch from their aquarium.

Comments