Indochina Hotel

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• Great value for us.

That's our memorial time in Vietnam. The first, we stayed there for 4 nights and booked them Halong bay trip with Golden Lotus cruise. Everything was excellent. The staffs was very helpful. They became our friends and some time we talked by sending some e-mail. In Halong bay, the board was good, large cabin and lovely staffs. Many thanks for Indochina Hotel. I will come back in next year.

Unique Quality: Hair dryer, private bathroom, shower, TV...

Directions: Ideal for walking around. go to shopping, dinning also. I know very good restaurant near Indochina Hotel which did the hotel staff recommend us.

Stayed in Vietnam many times for business, I like the change but next time, I will stay here. No change.
    The hotel has great staffs offered very nice services. I would like to recommend this hotel for all.

Unique Quality: Fully facilities equipped. Exactly with all information in the Internet

Directions: Enjoy to walking around.

• Great value! My highly recommend for staying

Great time in the North of Vietnam! I only can say that. This time, we go to Vietnam upon our honey moon. We booked deluxe room at Indochina hotel. The room was large, clean and quiet. But I highly estimate about their locations and my souvenir here.
    One night in Hanoi on weekend was interesting. All of day, we went around Old Quarter of Hanoi, in the evening, we visited Night Market. There was crowded. So many people came here in the evening and we too. We walked around and bough some thing for souvenir. Many photos here was made by us here. We took with any Vietnamese friends. Come back to hotel, we can talk with the staffs here in funds.
    Next morning, we went to Ha long bay - Cat Ba Island for 3 days what we booked at the hotel before and go with Paloma Cruise. We had great time here. Ha long bay is wonderful. Many caves, limestone...We took the photos of Ha long bay from above the hill. That's our best photo in Vietnam. After Ha long bay, we came back to the hotel and stay 1 more night here before flew to the the South.
    Certain, I will return here for next time come to Vietnam.

Unique Quality: Fully facilities as: bath-tub, hair dryer, safe, minibar...exactly with information on the internet.

Directions: Great location. Shortly time to walk Hoan Kiem lake, around Old Quarter and many famous place.

• Thanks, Indochina hotel.

Our room was large and ideal place to see outside. It was clean, quiet and had anything we need. The hotel was near the Church. Very convenient to visit Old Quarter and almost the famous place around. The traffic was not busy because the hotel located in small alley. I took the cyclo (it was booked by the staff here) to go around Old Quarter. The price was good. About 100 000 Vietnam dong for 1 hour. Also, In the evening, from the hotel, I could walk for shopping and watch Water Puppet - really special. I like it.
    The staffs were friendly, helpful and helped us with enthusiasm.
    Indochina hotel is dial place to stay. I want to recommend this hotel for all guest. I will come back.

Unique Quality: Great value for money.

Directions: Convenient for visit Old Quarter Hanoi, Hoan Kiem lake and any place in hanoi.

• tenluk's Profile Photo

good service fill in my heart..

great service, even not a big hotel but room is clean and excelent for me .. location near the cathedral in the old quarter just walk to the hon kiem lake.. surrounding by a lot of restaurant and cafe

• The best hotel in Hanoi

We have spent a fair few days in Hanoi after arriving from India we had a well needed rest planned our trip in Vietnam and enjoyed the slow pace and cooler weather before heading to Sapa. We returned after Sapa and enjoyed a couple of days while we waited for our passports to be returned by the Indonesia consulate with our Indonesian visa (which they were and we are now excited about the next leg)
    We have enjoy it here in the old quarter where we are staying at hotel Indochina fabulous find, calm and greet room....the old quarter has cute little streets with general life happening right before you eyes its a little more slow paced than India ,cool and calm we haven't done a lot other than look around and explore the streets to be honest but you can get sucked into this easily spent hours looking at shoe street and the same with glasses street, drinking hot drinks and looking out at the world going by, Some days we just felt we were due for a down day so we would go out for a few hours and come back and watch a movie and relax eat some homemade fries in the food area and chat with the staff and like minded travelers....we met so many people here its awesome.
    Indochina Hotel - 40$ a night Nice large rooms with great shower and very clean, happy helpful staff that are eager to help with your plans, great breakfast choices included in the price awesome aussie couple run the place as part owners...we wouldn't bother staying anywhere else! They have sister hotels if they are full that are close by too.
    I recommend you to stay here when you come to Hanoi. :)

Unique Quality: The facilities here is fine, in our room had bath-room with shower, hair dryer, mini bar ...

Directions: I don't remember about the district. May be Hoan Kiem District. Yes. Every morning in the time we stayed here, We took some minutes to walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. Before we arrived, we saw the Big Church ( Hanoi Joseph).

More about Indochina Hotel

Indochina Hotel

by mathieu06 about Indochina Hotel 1

Really nice hotel in center of Hanoi, really near the cathedral and the Hoan Kiem Lac.
The staffs are really nice and always try to help.
The rooms quit big and nice decoration for this price.
From this hotel you can walk everywhere really easy so i will recommend.

It was such an amazing time

by TripAdvisor Member LongNguyen

I stayed in the INDOCHINA HOTEL for a total of 5 days after travelling for 3 weeks in Cambodia, down the Mekong, and to HCMC.This is one of the most beautiful hotels I have stayed. The staffs are the most friendly and helpful of any in any hotel in which i have stayed in South-East Asia. The hotel's location is very nice and peaceful. My room was very nice and clean, from there I can easily see the biggest church of Hanoi. It takes me just 10mins walking from the hotel to Hoang Kiem lake - one of the famous tourism destinations. Breakfasts are included and very delicious. Ms Hanh helped me a lot to book Halong Bay tour, private city tour, all of my domestic flights, and process my visa on arrival and airport transportation. What a perfect place for a romantic getaway in Hanoi!

Not Bad... Not Great...

by TripAdvisor Member egoswick

My husband and I spent two nights at the Indochina Hotel in Hanoi in July. We found the hired staff to be friendly and helpful, but did not particularly like the main manager/owner himself. He wasn't especially rude or unhelpful, but he had a very set way of doing things that he did not like to stray from. For instance, we had a very friendly taxi driver from the airport to the hotel that we wished to use again when returning to the airport. We asked the manager to call the taxi driver for us when schuduling our pick up for the airport, but he gave us a number of varying stories as to why he could not. The bottom line was that he had his own taxi people and would not hire someone else. He also forgot to give us our passports when we checked out of the hotel and we had to go back for them. Luckily we had not gotten far!

The room we had on our second night had mold visible on the ceiling and wall. It smelled accordingly.

The one wonderful thing about this hotel is that it has a computer in every guest room. We found this extremely convenient.

This wasn't a terrible stay (unless you abhorr or are allergic to mold!) but it wasn't an enjoyable time either.

Good value once we changed rooms

by TripAdvisor Member gossamer78759

We had two rooms here on a pass through Hanoi.

There are apparently several IndoChina Hotel properties - we stayed at the IndoChina 2 which is located close to the Water Puppet Theater.

Our sons room was great from the get-go. My wife and I were initially put in a room kind of on the same floor, but in an older (and noisier and smellier) part of the hotel. Actually the room numbering is a bit confusing. Our son's room was on the 4th floor and our final room was on the same level. However, the first 4th floor room they put us in was essentially half a floor down (i.e. down a flight of stairs) and in fact the room directly above us (up a flight of stairs from the boys' room) was also listed as a 4th floor room! Where these stairs are looks to me to be an older building and the rooms were not as nice. Also with the stairwell sound travels very easily and we heard some boisterous kids making a lot of noise. As we were exhausted from an overnight train ride where we got little sleep, this was a bit annoying.

Once we were in one of the newer rooms on the same level as our sons, everything was fine.

- Central location - couple of minutes walk from the Water Puppet Theater, easy access to the Old Quarter.
- Good value (about $30 per room per night with a decent breakfast)
- Comfortable and clean rooms. Not huge, but adequate.
- Elevator/lift (our other hotel in Hanoi did not have one of these!)
- Free internet stations for guests

Which are good cruises in Halong bay?

by alex1921

I will visit Hanoi next month and after 2 days go to Halong bay. I booked Indochina Hotel for my stay. But I wondering about cruise in Halong bay. Can you give me any advises? I heard Golden Lotus cruise on the Internet. Should I book them?
Your opinions are welcomed.

Re: Which are good cruises in Halong bay?

by daneryland

Halong Bay is one of the best and beautiful natural wonders on the earth and offers breathtaking views. You will find a vast number of cruise options there for varying budgets. So you can choose that suits best to your budget. Before selecting a cruise you must inquire about various sightseeing stops of the junk and the facilities you will be provided.

Re: Which are good cruises in Halong bay?

by alex1921

I'll staying at Indochina Hotel and will leave here on Sunday. Just came back from Halong bay yesterday afternoon. It's very night.

Comments