Pacific Prince Hotel Hanoi

More about Hanoi

Pho 10 in the Old QuartersPho 10 in the Old Quarters

Bridge at Hoan Kim LakeBridge at Hoan Kim Lake

Lovers sitting by Hoan Kiem LakeLovers sitting by Hoan Kiem Lake

Bia Hanoi by Ho Kiem lake on a hot afternoonBia Hanoi by Ho Kiem lake on a hot afternoon

Where can I watch the early morning world cup games in Hanoi?

by UKMoe

Hi all,
I will be arriving in Vietnam next week. I have been searching online for somewhere in Hanoi where I can watch the world cup games live, in particular Englands first 2 games. They both start at 1.30am Vietnam time.
I have read in a few places that most if not all bars close at midnight and the police keenly enforce this time.

Has anyone any idea where I can watch these early morning games live?
Will the games be shown on terestrial tv?
If so I suppose it may be possible to watch in my hotel room or are the games only being shown on cable/satellite channels?

Many thanks
Moe

Re: Where can I watch the early morning world cup games in Hanoi?

by carteki

I am fairly sure that the games will be televised there - probably only cable / satellite, but do a web search and find out. The expat bars and youth hostels are probably going to be showing it - depends on what you're paying for your hotel as to whether or not you'll get it in your bedroom (but much more fun with a bunch of people)

Re: Where can I watch the early morning world cup games in Hanoi?

by UKMoe

Hi thanks for the reply, I know a few expat bars that are showing the games live but the problem is they all seem to close at midnight, I have emailed a couple directly to see if they have any ideas where to watch the 1.30am games so hopefully I will find somewhere.
If all else fails I will ask around when I get there next week.
Thanks again

Travel Tips for Hanoi

Yes, one can get CNN coverage here ...

by jenniferchin

I was in Hanoi after the Tsunami tragedy. I have read that one cannot get any international news on the local televisions, but I was so wrong.

My little minibudget hotel actually has CNN coverage ! Amazing. For a place quite devoid of McDonalds and KFC, this is quite out of the ordinary. Nevertheless, I was thankful and managed to keep abreast with the current news of the tragedy.

Plastic!!! (Credit Card)

by muddybok

You better equipped your credit cards for Vietnam trip. The opportunities to spend money are so abundant & make sure you don't finish all you USD in the process.

Most shopping outlets in Hanoi do not charge 3% extra as compare to HCM's joints.

Strange Menus in Hanoi

by bpacker

Take a double-look at the menus in local restaurants in Hanoi. You'll find choices that are simply out of this world but normal to a Hanoian.

Fried Snake Pie or Beef Testicles Stewed with Duck? Baffling Choices on a Menu.

Where:216 Pho Tran Quang Khai, HoanKiem District

Ve Xem Bieu Dien Nghe Thuat

by Explor5252 about Ha Noi Ballet

I have never been to a ballet before, so this was new to me. There was the typical (see on TV) performances on what I would call European ballet. Then there was a part of the show which was uniquely Vietnamese. It was all great! There were no restriction for use of photographic equipment during the performance, so you sometimes got distracted by the pictures being taken. I took my photos without flash. If it is available when you are there…..go…

The best seat were under $10.00 (150,000 VND) There were no special dress codes, so you seen the very formal to the very casual.

Bus from the airport

by SirRichard

Hanoi airport is 35 kms away from the center, it will take you 45-60 minutes to get there. There is a minibus of Vietnam Airlines that costs 2 USD.

It leaves from the airport's main exit, just look for the yellow minibuses. U pay once there.

From the city, go to the corner in front of the Vietnam Airlines office, Quang Trung with Trang Thi streets, near the south west corner of the Lake.

Comments