Splendid Star Hotel

Costs 53% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Splendid Star Hotel

Enjoyed staying in Splendid star Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member huynhtamtravel

We enjoyed staying at this hotel as the service and staff were very efficient and helpful. we r very grateful to a male staff came to help us to use the internet in English and got us a print out map for our next destination. We stayed one night and paid $45 which incl good breakfasts catering for tourists as well as locals. Very comfortable queen size bed and the hotel is within 10 mins walk to Night Market, Hoan Kiem Lake, and shopping street. Weather in Oct month is perfect at around 28 degree C.

Excellent Splendid Star

by TripAdvisor Member TS-Koh

We arrived at Hanoi on 1 Nov 08, and chauffeured to Splendid Star Hotel and check-in to a Family Suite. The location of the hotel is strategic, it takes us less than 3 minutes walk to St Joseph’s Cathedral and just 5 minutes walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. By staying in Splendid Star, we felt convenient and easy walking to taste the ethnic Vietnamese street food, which my children appreciate most, and also to make dining at Café and western cuisine restaurants possible by walking.
We stayed in a Family Suite, that is contemporary in design and comfortable, ample space for work or relaxation, including 2 king sized beds, a work desk with an internet access computer, TV and DVD player, and the bathroom is equipped with a large bathtub and toiletries. The Family Suite also equipped with tea and coffee-making facilities, mini bar and fresh fruits basket.
My Family has no regret by joining the Halong Bay Day Tour that booked through hotel, we enjoyed the seafood and dining experience in the junk besides the scenic views. During our 3 days stay in Splendid Star Hotel, we felt like at home, the breakfast is great and the staff were excellent both helpful and very friendly, especially Mr Ton and Ms Ros, they are always find ways to accommodate our requests and even allow us to use the room until 4 pm, as our flight back to Malaysia is 7.15 pm.
We loved the hotel and the wonderful, friendly and courteous staff so much. We definitely will stay at Splendid Star Hotel again and recommend all of you to experience good hospitality in Splendid Star Hotel, Hanoi.

Excellent Hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member MHerrmann35

This is an excellent hotel. I was pleasantly surprised that it exceeded my expectations in all respects. The service was outstanding; food very good; room very nice and clean. The hotel is conveniently located, and within an easy walk to the nightly market. Taxi's and Cyclo are always readily available for transportation purposes if needed. I highly recommend the Splendid Star Hotel."

Great value

by TripAdvisor Member DumontBiarritz

We have just spent a wonderful week at Splendid Star Hotel. Room and food were excellent. All the staff at the hotel were absolutely wonderful from the manager to the maids. Nothing was to much trouble. Great value for money. Would definitely stay again. It is much cheaper to book with directly with the hotel, they offered 10% discount and free pick up from the airport. We stayed in a deluxe room, it was very good value for money.

So Nice place in Quiet small street

by TripAdvisor Member SteinSwitzerland

A friend and I stayed at Splendid Star Hotel for three nights. It was a great value for the amount we paid ($45 per night for Deluxe twins). We were very impressed by how modern the hotel was and all the amenities (refrigerator, flat screen at the lobby, nice lighting, robes, slippers, hot free coffee, computer in lobby and inside the rooms). The rooms were quite small but were fine for our needs. We really enjoyed the neighborhood around the hotel. It is walking distance to lots of bars and restaurants. We enjoyed being in a quiet part of town but having lots of options of things to do. Hotel was very helpful in providing advice on getting to the domestic airport .Highly recommend this hotel.

Wonderful accommodation in Hanoi.

by TripAdvisor Member sweden123

We stayed at the Splendid Star Hotel for 3 nights and transferred to Hanoi Queen Plaza for the last 2 nights of our Hanoi trip, since the Splendid Star was booked. I highly recommend this hotel, the pictures of their rooms are as accurate as depicted on the hotel website . Our room was a Twin room, meaning two twin beds. The room was small compared to hotel rooms in other countries, but it is Hanoi so that is what is expected. The decor was minimalist and modern. I liked the nice finishes of a small plasma tv , a hot electric tea pot to make complimentary breakfast. The room is very well designed. The bathroom takes up about half the room. The toilet was a brand new. Each room has the LAN cable, WiFi for internet connection. There are some computer in the lobby to use. I would also reccommend you try the complimentary breakfast .It is both western and Vietnamese so you have your toast, muffins, cereals, salads, fruit, juices, and your Noodle Hannoi soup, , and Vietnamese teas. I really liked it. The small restaurant is in the hotel and both the hotel and restaurant staff are very friendly and accommodating. They were very helpful in letting us get around Hanoi.

Thanks Rose, Andy and Tony!

by TripAdvisor Member jojo527

First and the most added value from the splendid star is the staff; they are so helpfull and they make you really feel at home (All of them speak pretty good english (the 3 managers), so you won´t have a problem with that). I was there with my father for holiday and for work. First I was kind of scared because we got there late by night to the Hanoi airport, but after i contact the hotel they send somebody to pick us up, we had to pay 15USD for a 1h30 hour ride from the airport to the hotel, which i thought it was worth paying. Immediatly we felt like at home when we got there, they were really helpfull finding the places we had meetings during the first two days, and booking a private car to take us there, then they also helped us book and nice trip to tamcoc which was amazing... we had wireless internet in the room to work and communicate with my office and friends. Rooms had AC, satellite TV, Branded bathroom and room decorations, really nice cause its a new place, breakfast was good, you could chose between anything you want, bacon, eggs, a huge bread, bananas, dragon fruit, papaya... really good to star the day.
Location was good too, 10 minute walk to the main lake, 15 minute walk to the water puppet show (Which i recommend), 10 minute walk to the markets and shopping areas.
Finally the called us a cab back to the airport and it was really sad to say good bye to the staff, because it had really been like familly!

For sure when i will be in hanoi next time i would go back, even if i can afford a 5 star hotel next time.

Nice hotel, perfect location, helpful staff.

by TripAdvisor Member fergusonUK

we have been there in Oct 2008. We enjoyed the stay very much. The hotel is perfectly located in the near of the church,very quiet and all interesting places so easy reachable.The staff is helpful and the rooms are ok.

Great staff and excellent rooms

by TripAdvisor Member dimentjeremy

Wonderful hotel. Great staff and excellent rooms. I loved the decor and everything was very clean and new. As for the location--- it was fine, though just note that it is such a new hotel and it is a little hidden down the street so not a lot of cab drivers know where it is. Make sure you keep the hotel card/phone number with you at all times or you can tell taxi driver stop you at Great Church View.

Wonderful Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter.

by TripAdvisor Member HisaMatsu

Wonderful hotel. Great staff and excellent rooms. I loved the decor and everything was very clean and new. As for the location--- it was fine, though just note that it is such a new hotel and it is a little hidden down the street so not a lot of cab drivers know where it is. Make sure you keep the hotel card/phone number with you at all times or you can tell taxi driver stop you at Great Church.

Tortoise Tower on Hoan Kiem LakeTortoise Tower on Hoan Kiem Lake

one energetic riderone energetic rider

Pen Tower (Thap But)Pen Tower (Thap But)

Setting the fish trapsSetting the fish traps

3* Hotel in Hanoi old quarter

by evepuertolas

Hi everyone, I'd like to have some information about some good 3*hotels in Hanoi, especially in the old quarter. Appreciate any kind advice for me, and who heard about or already stayed at Splendidstar hotel, please let me know.

by Morozov

Hi!
In Hanoi I was too satisfied by Jasmine Hotel.
Have a good trip!

by dantefiore

Hi Eve Puertolas,
I am the one who stayed at Splendidstar hotel in the old quarter Hanoi. Located in one of oldest and most quite streets of Hanoi next to Joseph’s Cathedral and
near the Hoan Kiem Lake, the SPLENDID STAR HOTEL is a newest hotel which opened
in July 2008 and is one of the few family-owned and run hotels in Hanoi.
This hotel offers good value – a warm and welcome atmosphere that emphasises friendly and hospitable service.

Our rooms, as we came and went, were always immaculate, air conditioned, very comfortable and of a high standard, we would recommend them to anyone looking for accomodation in Hanoi. The location was very central, and we walked around the city, shopping, eating and sight seeing and just taking in the lifestyle. The staff at the Splendid Star booked tours and the remainder of our accomodation for us, they rang us from time to time as we travelled down the coast to Saigon. Their service was second to none, we could learn a lot from them. They arranged for taxi's to pick us up from Airports and return us to our Hotel, a staff member, met us from the train from Sapa at 4.30am in the morning, smiling! These wonderful people made our holiday, they set a very high benchmark for others to follow, and no one else in Vietnam quite lived up to them. The breafast was also good. Great value for your money so if you're looking for a great place to stay with all the trimmings and a bit more you/ve found it. We would go back in a heartbeat. And will reccommend for our friends to come there.

Regards
Eve

by AnneBar

As my previous post in this forum, I advise Hanoi View Hotel which having promotion rate for his next month stay. That hotel’s right in the old quarter, but more quite than the other streets in old quarter. The hotel is just open so every furniture are new, modern. You can preview here: Hanoiviewhotel.com
I saw Splendid star hotel when I walked to the church. The hotel has small view, very near from the church and it’s clean.

3 star accom in Hanoi

by briam60

Any tips for where to stay in Hanoi from people who have recently been would be appreciated, currently looking at either splendid star or hanoi view but open to any and all suggestions. Also how much should I pay for ride from airport to city?

Cheers
Bria

by Pamelita

We stayed at the Sofitel Plaza Hotel in Hanoi this past January. Granted, it's probably closer to a four star rating, but I highly recommend it for the location, which overlooks the West Lake. We were there for Tet and were able to see the fireworks over the lake from our room. Also, it's a short walk to Tran Quoc pagoda, the oldest in Vietnam. Our hotel rate included breakfast, and it's a generous and lavish spread.

Far less expensive (and not as plush) is Thien Tan, which opened two years ago. A friend stayed here and loved it. If I recall correctly, this one's in the Old Quarter, so you're a little more central than the Sofitel Plaza.

As for the ride from the airport to the city, expect to pay in the neighborhood of $10 USD.

Have a great time!

Cheers :)

by seagypsy

Not positive, but I think Vietnam Airlines continues to offer a van shuttle from the airport to their office at the southwest side of Hoan Kiem Lake. Should be less expensive than a taxi.

by briam60

cheers, anything to save money so I can spend it in the markets is welcome :)

by caremyst

sea gypsy, any idea where to find out more about this van shuttle from vietnam airlines?

by seagypsy

It's already been a number of years since I took the Vietnam Airline's shuttle bus from their office near the southwest corner of Hoan Kiem Lake but if you google, yahoo, or bing 'Vietnam Airlines shuttle bus' you should retreive many answers such as on this website page:

by Lehuong

Hi,

Maison D'Hanoi Hanova is a good boutique 3 star hotel, very closed to Hoan Kiem lake

Cheers,