4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Ho Tram Beach Resort & Spa
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Ho Tram Osaka Resort

Human beings, like you and me!Human beings, like you and me!

You can't miss it from the street!You can't miss it from the street!

A "maternity"A "maternity"

Did you notice, most of bikers wear conical hats?Did you notice, most of bikers wear conical hats?

Beach in November in Asia - best weather?

by mmoita

I’m going to south asia for 14 days with my husband (from 21 october to
3 November). We are planning to stay 1 week in Vietnam south or north
(best places? Halong bay or Mekong river? Which trip is better?)
We would like to stay another week in a beach resort with good
snorkeling and white sand to relax. What do you suggest? Langkawi? Koh
tao? Trang? Vietnam beach? We are worried about the weather… Is it
always raining in this season? Is the water good?

Thanks for any help

NEED HELP TO PLAN MY CHRISTMAS VACATION

by labaronesa

How is the weather during December?
I have approximately 15 days to spend in Vietnam. We would like to visit the most important cities and also my husband and I like diving and water rafting. Can anyone tell me where to go and practice these sports and the cities we should visit during my 15 days vacation? I am reading the posts

Greatly appreciated!!

by JonnyVN

There will be a big difference in weather north and south; north cooling of compared to hot and sticky south. Diving and white water Nha Trang would be your best bet. You have Rainbow Divers there and Shamrock who does white water

Jonny

by JohanIsWeg

From south to north: HCMC (and Mekong Delta), Dalat, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Danang (which many tourists skip), Hanoi, Sapa, Halong Bay.
Summary:
HCMC - cosmopolitan; most populous; financial heart of Vietnam; nearby attractions include Mekong Delta, Great Temple of Cao Dai and Cu Chi Tunnels.
Dalat - mountain retreat; nature; up-market.
Nha Trang - Vietnam's beach city; nearby attractions include islands.
Hoi An - World Heritage site; shopping; entrepreneurial; romantic; nearby attractions include My Son ruins.
Danang - off the tourist trail; Cham Museum; nearby attractions include Marble Mountain, Hai Van Pass and Lang Co Beach.
Hue - ancient capital; historical; vibrant; romantic (Perfume River).
Hanoi - Vietnam's political seat; Old Quarter; nearby attractions include Tam Coc/Hua Lu, Perfume Pagoda.
Sapa - rural; minorities; cultural; mountains; home-stays; breathtaking.
Halong Bay - cruise; limestone karsts; caves; stupendous scenery.
Hope that gives you a quick-guide!

by karrion

Where you should visit for 15 days are: Ho Chi Minh city, Ha Noi, Hue, Ha Long bay.
In Vietnam, there are few rivers that you can do rafting there. For white water rafting ( both fast and slow pace) I would recommend you to choose Chay river ( start from Cao Son or Muong Khuong to Bao Nhai).
You can also do slow pace rafting in Da or Nam Na river.

Northern Vietnam in December is very cool, windy and colorful.
I may post some other special activities next time for you then

Travel Tips for Vung Tau

Giant Jesus

by Ewingjr98

A giant, 100 foot tall statue of Jesus was constructed above the back beach on a lower slope of Small Mountain in the mid 1970s. I am told there are steps inside that lead up to his shoulder and a great view.

A similar statue of Mary is located on Big Mountain (Nui Lon) north of Front Beach.

Say, aren't Vietnamese people Buddhists?

The dragon fruit

by kokoryko

I discovered the Dragon Fruit during my first trip to Vietnam in 1998. In Vietnamese, it is called “thanh long” and it is an emblematic fruit of Vietnam. This fruit is strange, with its colour, shape, sweet taste, texture, but more strange is that it is not a Vietnamese fruit at its origin! I learned from a Vietnamese colleague that this fruit called “strawberry pear in English, is the fruit of a cactus, this cactus (Hylocereus undatus) is a very strange cactus, as it is a creeper cactus (yes! there are creeper cactus!). This plant has its origin in Central America and has been imported to Vietnam in the 19th century from the Caribbean (where it is called Pithaya) and is not at all Vietnamese in its origins! And I thought naively it has its name from the sorts of scales it has on its skin, but no. . . it is the shape of the creeper which gives its name to the plant!
Well, every day is something to learn about very simple things of life and about what we discover! I love travelling! There are a lot on sale in the street near the main market ((Nam Khy Khoi Nghia street) (picture 1); in the market itself you cannot miss the dragon fruit among the other fruits and flowers (picture 2). How did it become an emblem of Vietnam? Is it only because the plant is dragon shaped?

escape the city

by iaint

"Fun!"

Our tour company got us a villa which used to belong to US Embassy. Huge, but basic 1970s facilities.

Very cheap tho'!

"special stuff"

Swimming in S China Sea in January (like a warm bath).
Russian oil workers stranded by collapse of USSR.
No tourists (unless you count Russian oil workers).
The 1 hour road trip from HCM City - total chaos.
The green of rice fields - its luminous.

Comments