3-6 Ha Long, W2, Vung Tau, Vietnam
Agoda.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Vung Tau

Billiards with me?Billiards with me?

WaitressesWaitresses

DancersDancers

And also this one. . .And also this one. . .

Arrriving in Vung Tau on the legend of the seas

by bevevo

Hi We are arriving to Vung Tau in Nov 2010 and we are hoping to get the hydro foil to Ho Chi Minh city is it far from were the ship docks and if not is there taxis available to take us to the hydrofoil? Also we are thinking of booking the cu chi tunnels with the cruise company or is it easy to get to ourselves we are there for 2 days
Thankyou

Re: Arrriving in Vung Tau on the legend of the seas

by hientonkin

it's easier for you to book with the cruise company cause they may not allow people to catch you to go on tours.

but since you are there for 2 days, i think booking with a local agency for a cheaper price is a better choice.

cabs are available for you to catch to go to hydrofoil station. it's not very far from where ship docks.

Travel Tips for Vung Tau

Strong, strong wind

by zuyao

A light jacket if you are coming in December/ January. The wind is very strong during this time and you could easily catch a cold.

The weather is generally hot and humid so something light would be best most of the time. Food is generally clean (even road side stalls) - I had no problem with them. But as usual some medical supplies for diarrhea is advisable. Bring some cold medicine too in case you catch a cold during the wind season. There could quite a lot of mosquitoes outdoors in dark areas at night.

Pass by or enter in the little shops

by kokoryko

Having booked my return to Saigon by hydrofoil, I had a few hours left and walked in the streets of Vung Tau, in the city centre; like in many Asian cities, the little shops are open on the street, and you are almost always welcome to have a look, chat a bit, tell what you do, show your curiosity and accept the curiosity of the shopkeepers. I was just curious when I glimpsed the beauty salon (picture 1) where the customer made signs to come in! (another email in my travel book!); just a picture of ordinary life. . . like on the second picture where the ladies were smiling a lot at the gesturing guy, who tried to ask if he could make a photograph (picture 2). I did not disturb the hairdresser who was sleeping in his chair (picture 3). . . . . . Cleaning the small restaurant where I had a coffee (picture 4), happy to be the attention of the customer. . . . There are also mobile shops, like this Durian vendor (picture 5); the Durian is a wonderful (and smelly!!) fruit! I just like to watch life as it goes in the streets.

After the storm

by bpwarne

We were in Vaung Tau just two days after a typhoon hit and so there was a lot of damage with accompanying clean up and repair work going on. Still it is a very pretty place although a lot different than I remember it back in 1970. We took the hydrofoil up the Saigon river to Ho Chi Minh City. It was an experience in itself. When we came back that evening we hired a couple guys on motorbikes to just drive us around for a couple hours and see the sights. The cost was about $1USD/hour per motorbike. This is a fantastic way to sightsee anywhere in Vietnam. We had a great day.

Please see our transportation tip below for info on the hydrofoil to Ho Chi Minh City (Sai Gon).

Comments