Sammy Hotel

Sammy Hotel Vung Tau
Booking.com eDreams Agoda.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Vung Tau

A  GOOD PROFITABLE CATCH FOR THE DAYS FISHING..A GOOD PROFITABLE CATCH FOR THE DAYS FISHING..

My friendMy friend

Welcoming danceWelcoming dance

Hydrofoil on Saigon RiverHydrofoil on Saigon River

Travel Tips for Vung Tau

Just Ignore..

by Unknownsu

Umm....I found the young girls and boys selling their wares in Vung Tau to be more persistent than those in HCMC. They just wouldn't take "No Thank you" for an answer....unlike HCMC, all you have to do is ignore them.

Meet locals and lend your camera. . . . .

by kokoryko

It began to rain again when I walked on the beach, and, I spotted a small shelter where other people gathered; I was a bit the “attraction” there for half an hour. . . . and I discovered a bit of local people and life. . . . You can meet lots of people, and to the contrary of what I read in some warning and dangers “tip”, there is absolutely no “danger” meeting the kids or youngsters on the beach! To the contrary, I enjoyed it a lot, and there is absolutely no hassle! I had to write down a number of names on my book, all the kids wanted to be photographed, and we laughed when looking on the screen! Made grimaces, tried to find a way to communicate, I had to explain where from I come, tell what I do here, if I found the place nice. . . . usual things when you meet locals who are happy to meet a foreigner. . . . and finally I felt confident enough to even lend my camera (But I also feel confident in my running speed if needed!). So here just a few souvenirs with Haong, Whuong, Yen, Kim, Trahn . . . etc and after picture 5, I thought it was time I take my camera back, as the young girls began to become a bit too familiar with my camera and began to play with it in a manner I did not approve!

Watch bikers whilst sipping a Vietnamese coffee

by kokoryko

What is nice in the quiet streets of Vung Tau, is that you can sit outside the cafés and watch what is going on in the streets (I write this, because there are many places which are just too crowed and noisy where you cannot sit outside). Yes, I know, for Vietnamese it is a common view, but for me, coming from the “clean” Europe, it is really interesting to watch, to look at this part of local life. Well, just a rickshaw laden with a passenger and bags of all sorts, a conical hat wearing lady contrasting with the sophisticated woman on the add poster, colour matching for this lady (picture 3) on her bike, baskets and bags. . . and here (last picture), color matching again, but yellow this time. Ah! Just look, there is always something to see!

Perfect Weekend Getaway

by Kudos

While only two hours from the bustling metropolitan city of Ho Chi Minh, Vung Tau offers almost a 180 degree change. It's a great place to go and relax. While there really isnt that many "tourist worthy" sites to check out, you would be perfectly happy to sit on the beach and read a book.

If you have the time, go to Vung Tau and let your mind wander.

It's great not to think about work while you're away for the weekend. Personally i look at the clouds and try to make out different shapes.

Comments