Bac Lieu Hotels

• maiphamgiaquach profile photo maiphamgiaquach
  • Reviews: 2

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Diamond Hotel in Bac Lieu: Sweet Diamond Hotel

My husband and I stayed at the Diamond Hotel for about four days during 07-09-11 through 07-12-11. It fairly pleasant. Staffs were friendly and helpful. After a nightmare experience with
Bac Lieu Hotel, I suppose Diamond Hotel staffs were like angels in disguise. We only paid $300,000.00= $15.00 us dollars for a room with two beds plus refrig. & A/C. At Bac Lieu Hotel we paid $500,000.00= $25.00 us dollars for a filthy room with nasty staffs and no service! I did not get more for the money! I would go back to Diamond hotel, but drop dead first before I ever put foot in Bac Lieu Hotel.

Nice front dest area. Super nice staff(s).

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written August 1, 2011

• maiphamgiaquach profile photo maiphamgiaquach
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bac Lieu Hotel: Bac Lieu Hotel in tinh Bac Lieu, Vietnam

My husband and I visited his hometown in BAC LIEU on July 05, 2011. We couldn't get a reservation at the Cong Tu Bac Lieu hotel, so we tried Bac Lieu hotel. OUR BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! Our room was average with refrig. and A/C - a must in Vietnam. Paid $500,000.00 = about $25.00 US dollars. First day was normal. After the second day, no one came to change our sheets. After we call to request a change of blankets and sheets, the service lady only changed one bed of the two beds and the sheets were the only thing changed. When we asked why, the exact word were," We don't change the blankets only sheets." "If we change the blankets, it would have to be every three days". Ladies were rude and ill manner. Immediately we checked out, ASAP. It was clear they weren't interested in making you feel at home and my slippers were darken by dirt from their fifthy floor. If they don't wash their blankets, why would they clean their floors. Yuck! I would not wish my worst enemies to stay at Bac Lieu Hotel. We went to DAIMOND HOTEL..THAT WAS A BETTER CHOICE. Still wasn't able to get a room at Cong Tu Bac Lieu.

No accommodations whatsoever.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 1, 2011

• wagstaff profile photo wagstaff
  • Reviews: 10

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cong Tu Bac Lieu Hotel: Hotel in Bac Lieu

This hotel in built in the French style. I stayed in room 101 which is on the ground floor across the lobby from Reception. This room has a very high ceiling and a separate bathroom / toilet with hot water. This hotel has a separate outside dining area.

The hotel is basic in its facilities, i.e. it has the standard facilities. Staff appear to have limited English. My room had a mosquito net and the hotel supply a can of insect spray. I would suggest that you use both. The hotel backs onto the river - so some river scenes can be seen quite close.

• Opinion of Price: about average