24 Nguyen Hue St, Binh Dinh Province, Quy Nhon, Vietnam

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 64% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• neurochic's Profile Photo

Big Ballin' Without the Big Price

Saigon-Quy Nhon Hotel is a 4-star accomodation right on the coastline of Quy Nhon City. It is a fairly new resort made by Saigon Tourist Company with all the accomodations that you would expect from a 4 star resort without the 4 star price. For a deluxe seaview room, complete with its own toiletries, safe, italian linens, robe, minibar, laundry services, and slippers it's only about $60/night. There is a pool which is a bit small and does not have a jacuzzi, but there is a bar poolside. There are also massage facilites, a karoke bar, accomodations for meetings and weddings, a rooftop seafood restaurant overlooking the South China Sea, and daily breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets in its Imperial Restaurant. Breakfast is included in the price of your room. The staff is all more than accomodating and are able to arrange airport pickup for you as well as tours of the surrounding area. The rooms have either a city or seaside view. Since Quy Nhon City is not that busy, often times you will feel as though you are the only person in the resort as my husband and I often did at the pool.

The only bad remark I have for the hotel is that the service in the rooftop Seaview Cafe was very lacking. They were slow and the seafood left a lot to be desired. Not only was the food bland, the portions were quite tiny. However, the buffets in the Imperial Restaurant were impeccable. They had a large variety of many different types of food that were all quite delicious.

Unique Quality: The views from the rooftop of the Seaview Cafe are breathtaking. You can see along the entire Quy Nhon coastline. You can see how remarkable Quy Nhon is in ecological diversity with a beautiful white sandy beach along the South China Sea, with beautiful lush green mountains in the background lined with the pastel colors of the buildings that tend to be present in a seaside town.

Directions: In the heart of Quy Nhon City.

More about Saigon Quynhon Hotel

Walk Along The Boardwalk

by neurochic

I'm not exactly sure the name of the Beach but right in front of the Saigon Quy Nhon hotel off of Xuan Dieu St. near the victory statue is a beautiful white sand beach that has a nice boardwalk that you can sit at and enjoy the coastal breeze or watch the locals converge onto this hot spot at dawn or dusk to play soccer, walk the dog, or hang out with family. Also since Quy Nhon is still a fishing town, you can also spend the day watching the beautiful multicolored fishing boats out on the South China Sea. Its also a great place to enjoy a snack from many of the street vendors who you will be pleasantly surprised will not haggle you like other tourist overrun beach areas. I would advise against swimming in the sea, however, as it probably isn't the cleanest beach with all the fishing boats and nets. There are other beaches in Quy Nhon to swim at.

English Lesson

by neurochic

One of the greatest things that I have come across in my travels is how sweet people truly are. Being a doctor, especially a neurologist, in an urban metropolis such as Detroit, you see a lot of the awful things that humans do to one another so I am always so pleasantly surprised when I'm reminded in my travels how great the human spirit truly is.

One of the best things my husband Ben and I did on our trip to Quy Nhon was to have lunch with some of the local high school students. The Saigon Quy Nhon Hotel is right next door to a school. Since Quy Nhon isn't visited much by tourists, if you are foreign you stick out like a sore thumb. One day walking down the street, we were approached by these 3 high school students who wanted so badly to practice their English on us. We invited them to lunch and over lunch we learned a lot about their life in Quy Nhon as they did with our lives in the US. I practiced the small amount of Vietnamese that I knew on them as they practiced their English on us. Also because we were with them, we were able to have lunch at a local restaurant that isn't frequented by tourists and had someone order for us.

The girls were really sweet and we exchanged addresses and plan on keeping in contact with them. We found out that the girl with the red tie wants to be a doctor too and we hopefully one day can help her do an exchange program here in the US once she goes away to her university. We even met their English teacher and were invited to come back to their home village for dinner but we were short on time.

I have read other pages that have said that having locals wanting to practice English on you is a con. The first thing I thought is "Are you crazy!" This is one of the many perks of traveling. To find out about others and their culture is one of the many luxuries that money can't buy.

Comments