Hai Long Hotels

Our Members Say

• Martialsk profile photo Martialsk
  • Reviews: 31

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mui Ne Backpackers Resort -Vietnam-Austria House: My idea of a Backpackers!

Technically marketed as a Backpackers but definitely an upmarket version considering some of the horror places I've had the pleasure of staying in! It does have two small dorms but the clientele are carefully checked before they are allowed in. It seems the owners have had some bad luck in the past with certain kinds of backpackers and now screen them very carefully! This is a good thing as it means that more responsible travellers who are also on a tight budget can stay here hasslefree and solo travellers are safe.
I have nothing but a good review for this place. As a party of 3 people, we requested a three-bed en-suite room and received one with gorgeous views over the beach. Then, because we ended up staying longer and messing up their bookings, we were moved to the beach-front cabin for the same price as our previous room! Both rooms were immaculate, modern and with fully functioning facilities. It was fabulous to hear the waves crashing on the beach all the time, not to mention stepping out onto the porch and facing that view everyday!
There was no pressure to buy tours, the day was yours to do with as you wished whether you wanted to veg on the beach or go out and about. The hostel has Wi-Fi but no bar/ restaurant. However, there a plenty of local restaurants and bars/ clubs within very short distances and if you were enough of the sand, some places had pools that you were welcome to use. All to found only a short walk away from this accommodation.
If you are into Yoga, then I recommend Lex (ask the owner for details). We attended 2 of his sessions and I must say, it's certainly one of the best Yoga experiences I've had in a while.
At the same time, we became great friends with the owner, John, a really friendly Aussie who has adopted Vietnam as his home. John, on several occasions, invited our little group out to dinner, gave us some great advice and even invited us to sit up at reception with him, chit chat and drink beer!
All in all, this stay was the highlight of our Vietnam hostel stays and one of the finer experiences of our trip in Vietnam. It's perfect for relaxing and catching up with yourself and I cannot recommend it enough.

The owner, John. He made this place feel like home for the brief time that we were there. A man born to do this job!
Great views from both of the rooms we had, a clean bit of beach, quiet area

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Windsurfing, Beaches
  • Written January 18, 2012
Tip Photo

the view from beach cabin we stayed in

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful