3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Agoda.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

Costs 72% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Andrew_Mc's Profile Photo

Perfect retreat

Incredible resort on the beach overlooking the South China Sea.

Unique Quality: We had a beach front villa overlooking the sea.

Directions: km 12.5 Ham Tien, Village 3 Phan Thiet (Binh Thuan)

More about Coco Beach Resort

Miu Ne hotel

by christinenigam about Bamboo Village Hotel

We were recommended to stay at this hotel by the travel agency. We told her that we wanted a five star hotel as we were staying at the Caravele Hotel. She said that we would be happy with the Bamboo Village.

You bet the two organisations are working together.
The hotel's front reception was anything but five star. The surrounds were pretty. The waiters did not understand much English except one of them, still he got our orders wrong.

The room had mosquitoes, the toilet, had no where to put our cosmetic bags. The shower had little water pressure. The shampoo container had little shampoo in it.

The beach was O.k, so was the pool.
We went to check out other hotels. We were impressed with the COCO Beach which was less than ours but was a much better class than the COco Beach.

They wanted to charge us US$90 for the private car back to Ho Chi Minh but the Maitre D at the restaurant across the Bamboo Resort told us we could get a car for US $60 and a bus for US$6. We took the bus in the end, was good and saved us US$73.
If you do not know your way around, you can be overcharged.

Hiking in Sapa and Mai Chau,...

by MSelva

Hiking in Sapa and Mai Chau, Kayaking in Ha Long Bay from Cat Bah Island in the North. Mekong Delta Riverboat Houseboat in the South. Village stays with the minority people in Mai Chau and Pleiku areas. Phan Thiet - 'Coco Beach' resort in the South.

Mui Ne

by Andrew_Mc

We stayed at the beach at Mui Ne, close to Phan Thiet. We got a minibus (for $5) which took us from Saigon to the door of our resort, four hours away. We had booked in advance and had chosen the Coco Beach Resort (http://www.cocobeach.net/) which might sound tacky but was anything but. We spent at week here at our beachfront villa overlooking the South China Sea.

It was incredible – the place was almost deserted (there was about 60% occupancy), but even if it had been fully occupied it would have felt so relaxing.

The weather was also great – it rained for about an hour each day at Mui Ne, but it was almost welcome!! The restaurant in the resort served great food as well, and there were a few decent, cheaper restaurants on the road opposite the resort.

There are a few resorts in Mui Ne, but we walked through them all and I can safely say that Coco Beach was the best (although it was also the most expensive).

Victoria or Coco Beach Resort?

by barkerkye

Hi-
I'm planning on visiting Mui Ne in early March and not sure which resort to choose? I'm leaning towards the Victoria- sounds amazing, but my husband likes to surf. Is the beach there ok? I know you can travel by cab to downtown... is that a pain? Love any feedback.
Thanks,
K

Re: Victoria or Coco Beach Resort?

by Chrissy50

Hi K,

I hope I can help, Mui Ne is a lovely spot, I don't know the resort you are referring to I was only in Mui Ne for 1 night on my way from Saigon to Dalat, we stayed at the Little Mui Ne Resort and it was lovely, not big and flash it was at the end of "the strip". I would not think any of the area I saw had what you would call Surf, I am from Sydney and am used to Surf beaches and I would not class them as that. In the evening it was lovely to see a heard of cows being taken along the beach, I was with my daughter and grand daughter and she just loved seeing the cows right in front of our bungalow. I think if I stay there again I would get someting towards the main part, I would not want to go into town but there seemed to be a few restaurants in the main part of Mui Ne that would be worth a try, it reallyt is quite a distance from where the resorts start and end. But for the short time we had there the Resort restaurant was fine.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Christine