12A Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Phan Thiet, Vietnam

Anantara Mui Ne Resort & Spa
Asiatravel.com Agoda.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 50% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• nice rooms, horrible buffet dinner and service

The so called new year gala dinner consisted of a barbecue and generally good food, but they couldn't keep it warm. So even though the lobster, grilled clams and fish would have been great, it was horrible cold. The wine was not included, which was a terrible rip off, as we paid 450 us dollars for two persons. And it didn't feel like a gala dinner as people walked around in singlets and bermudas.

The service wasn't satisfactory either as they didn't replace a broken conditioner bottle. We had to ask for it. And when they brought it, the pump was broken. At breakfast there weren't enough tables and I once had to sit at the bar, and they didn't offer coffee, we constantly had to run after the waiters. As a 2 star hotel, that would have been fine, but you expect other kinds of service at a 3-star hotel.

But the premises were nice, although we didn't get the de-luxe room we had paid for. We didn't know before we left. Definitely not value for money. I don't know if it was Agoda's fault, but we all seemed to make a bad deal!

Unique Quality: Nice rooms

Directions: 10 KM

More about Phan Thiet

The foodThe food

Work of Wind  & human footstepsWork of Wind & human footsteps

My friend and I at the White Sand DunesMy friend and I at the White Sand Dunes

Our back doorOur back door

Transportation from HCMC to Phan Thiet

by beachcraig

What are my options for traveling from HCMC to Phan Thiet?

by venoquine

Hi, from HCM, there is a bus , it takes 4 hours(not recommended).
Train takes 3h30
Mini van taxi MAI LINH , the cost is about 70000 dongs for a distance of 198km.
.MAI LINH taxi campany is known in the town.

by JonnyVN

A number of options:
Bus (Sinh Cafe) cheap and reliable option. Not sure why last post said not reccomended as have done loads of times and is fine.
Train: OK but then you have to get from Phan Thiet to MN
Hire a car and driver, last time was about $130 for the weekend, but might have gone up. Some hotels there will charge for drivers room (5 or 10$)
Jonny

by mikeinvietnam

I agree with JonnyVN about the bus. For me, I'd rather take a large tour bus from Sinh Cafe, or similar operator, than the train or a van bus. I've heard complaints about noise and discomfort on the trains. A large bus allows you to sit higher and observe the scenery. The 15 passenger vans stop often and take high risks driving fast and passing every other vehicle on the road. Then I see them stop suddenly at the side of the road to pick-up or drop off passengers. To experience for yourself, take the train one way and the bus for return.

Travel Tips for Phan Thiet

Phan Thiet

by Gili_S

Phan Thiet is located on the south east part of Vietnam. It is developing as a tourist destination with its beautiful beaches, nature and food culture. Lately more and more hotels and resorts are developing here and you can only imagine that after another decade or two it will be another resort full of Western tourists escaping the European winter.

Mermaid

by Gili_S

I haven't seen any Mermaid in the sea, but restaurant I did. This one was in the resort which look more authentic then most of the others so we gave it a try. Spring rolls and fish was our choice from the menu which was ok.

Playas-Beaches

by elpariente

Las playas son de arena clara ,fina y tienen agua caliente, perfectas para pasar allí unos días de descanso

The beaches have soft and clear sand and the water is warm ideal to spend there some days relaxing

Phan Thiet

by Unknownsu

Not many tourists in Phan Thiet as the city itself doesn't have much to offer. Instead, most tourists flock to Mui Ne, which is approximately 13kms to the east. Mui Ne is all sand, beach, fun and wind....a lot of wind.

Phan Thiet is known for its market Cho Phan Thiet and I must admit, it was very fun to see even though I have already been to numerous markets in Vietnam.

A wide variety of everything can be found here. Things you need, things you don't need and things you will probably end up buying anyway.

Comments