Pandanus Hotel

Pandanus Resort
Agoda.com Travelocity Asiatravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Phan Thiet

and the excellent beer :)and the excellent beer :)

Shadow of ourselvesShadow of ourselves

Road back to Mui NeRoad back to Mui Ne

Our front doorOur front door

Surfing in Mui Ne

by dora&neil

Hi,

I've heard that you can get waves in Mui Ne? Does anyone know? We are going in November. Are there any places where you can hire the boards (body boards)? Thanks for all replies in advance.

Thanks

by JonnyVN

Hi
There can be alright waves, kite surfing is the big thing there tho. You want to get to Jibes, they rent everything.
This link will also help

Jonny

by travelon2

I was there two years ago in December and it was quite windy. There was an international wind board competion going on. I was there a week and never saw a regular surfer. I don't think the break is too good.

by dora&neil

Thanks!

Travel Tips for Phan Thiet

Rough Seas

by 34N118W

It's a good idea to find a hotel/resort with a nice swimming pool. The ocean around Mui Ne is often a little too rough to enjoy. It's better to relax in the calm, crystal blue water of a tree-lined swimming pool. (See Accomodation Tip)

Golden Sand Saloon

by Gili_S

In our many days in this region we manage to try many of the restaurants around here, some for lunch and some for dinner. This Golden Sand Saloon we visited once for dinner, it wasn't anything special, just an average tourist restaurant, the food was OK, there was even entertainment with a local band and they even offer you to try the snake wine ;-)

Red Soil

by easterntrekker

Not far from the sparkling white sand dunes we came to this deep creviced bright red dry river bed. The red is quite startling set against the tourqouise blue sea in the background. It resembles a mini grand canyon . We climbed down and by the look of allthe grafetti on the rock cliffs looks like others did too.I'd hate to be here when the water rushes in!!

To be honest ,our driver didn't speak English so we wondered if we were at the Red Sand Dunes....found out later we were not.

Mui Ne Beach

by gaolei

"Going to Mui Ne"

Mui Ne is about 200 Km Northeast of Saigon (I don't like using the name HCM). You can get there by bus or taxi. I chose taxi. Getting out of Saigon is a real ordeal. The roads are small and the traffice severe. That part took over an hour.

I had to stop at a client's facility in Bah Rai, near Vaung Tau, so I can't tell the exact time it would take to taxi direct to Mui Ne. I would guess 4 to 5 hours. This makes the average speed For this trip about 50 KPH or 30 MPH. Very slow, and with all the passing, very dangerous!

"Getting Back to Saigon by Bus"

I took the hotel recommended bus back to Saigon. Big Mistake! The bus was old and had no shock absorbers, so it bounced like a yo-yo. To top it off, the air-conditioning was just barely adequate when the sun was out, but it was overwhelming when it started to rain. The vents could not be closed, so I took a screwdriver from my bag and covered the opening with a sheet of paper from a magazine and screwed the vent back on.

Since the Sunsea Resort is at the end of the bus pickup route, I got to sit at the back of the bus where I could feel the effect of the bad shocks best. Sitting next to me was a young Vietnamese singer who spoke good English. As the trip went on I discovered that he was gay, and he said things to me like, "You have such big arms, you myst be very strong"

It took over 6 hours to get to Saigon! Mental note, always check out the bus they are using before taking the trip!

Comments