18 Nguyen Dinh Chieu St., Ham Tien, Phan Thiet, Vi
Hotels.com Booking.com Agoda.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 44% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Phan Thiet

Dunes,Mui Ne,Binh Thuan Province,Vietnam.Dunes,Mui Ne,Binh Thuan Province,Vietnam.

Sunset view of the desertSunset view of the desert

Sand curvesSand curves

Saigon Mui Ne HotelSaigon Mui Ne Hotel

Malaria Tablets In Mui Ne

by 43beckos

Bit confused by different website advice on this.

Do we need to take Malaria Tabs for Mui Ne in October

Thanks VT's

RE: Malaria Tablets In Mui Ne

by coldbudmanl

Maybe not, if you're young and your health is normal. Mosquito spray can be more helpful.

RE: Malaria Tablets In Mui Ne

by MickeH

We were there in november, can't be much difference, and we were told it was unnecessary. Just rembember to use repellant was what they told us.
And that held true for all of vietnam during that time.

RE: RE: Malaria Tablets In Mui Ne

by JonnyVN

Nope there is no malaria in Mui Ne, only need to take if your going of the beaten track in Mekong of sentral highlands

RE: RE: Malaria Tablets In Mui Ne

by judz

We have just returned from Mui Ne - a great place. Definitely take lots of insect repellent...most of the restaurants are open air and I was eaten alive by mosquitoes even though insect coils had been placed under each table..

Travel Tips for Phan Thiet

Foot Massage

by easterntrekker

We had good memories of these massages from Thailand a few years ago ,so we looked forward to trying it here.

There are fewer massage parlours available here as the gov't limits their numbers in an effort to control the potential for "extra" services..There were a choice of several along the main street and our service was excellent . It was $7.00 for 45 minutes.

My Hien

by Gili_S

My Hien is yet another stop for some local food. This one is really look as a local place where in front of the house is a restaurant and in the back the family live in. This time our choice was for king prawn. See image II.

Red Sand Dunes

by easterntrekker

On the way back to Mui Ne we stopped at e The Red Sand Dunes. These are similar to the White Sand Dunes but not quite as massive. We are enthusiastically greeted by a couple of youngsters hoping to rent us a plastic sled to coast down the hills. I guess they didn't notices my heat exhausted face !!

This time I ventured even less than at the White Sand Dunes and stayed under a tree for shade.

Weekend break

by JonnyVN

"Beach"

Not the best beach in the world but a welcome break from Saigon. Loads of resorts down Mui Ne strip, my favorite being the Sailing if just me and friends or The Beach if with family and the dogs. Kite surfing has really taken of there, but I just prefer to laze by the pool with some cold beers.

"Sand"

The dunes is about the only sight there is to see, not quite disney land but sand sledding has its momments.
If you go about 1k further on from the dunes you get to the Vietnamese beach (see home page and tips), well worth the trip.

"Food"

Of course there is tons of seafood, all sorts of price ranges. The pic here is me with a bug in the first restaurant on the right as you hit the beach from Phan Thiet (have no idea what it's called), I reckon that's the best one.
At the other end of the scale, go about 1km past the dunes to the "Vietnamese" beach for some bargains, see my home page for details

Comments