Ba Na Hills Mountain Resort

An Son Hamlet, Hoa Ninh Ward, Hoa Vang District, Da Nang, 84-511, Vietnam

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Da Nang

Temple within the caveTemple within the cave

Hoi An hotel mini busHoi An hotel mini bus

rain shower in Hoi Anrain shower in Hoi An

Need some tips Nha Trang -> Danang -> Nha Trang

by PeteFromFinland

Hello,

I'm Pete from Finland and travelling to Vietnam next week.

First stop is Ho Chi Minh City. In south we've planned to see the HCMC, CAO DAI Temple, CU CHI Tunnels and Mekong Delta. Is there any other places in south worth checking?

After that we fly from HCMC to Nha Trang and spend there some time just to relax on the beach. We are there for nine nights and then go forward, we have flight from Nha Trang.

We think there is enough time to visit Danang/China Beach during those Nha Trang days. Any suggestions how to get Danang and back. For some reason Vietnam Airlines' homepage http://www.vietnamairlines.com/ flight schedule crashes "The page cannot be displayed". Any experience about trains or busses?
'Reunification Express' will take some time and I wonder is worth it? What is suffient time for Danang? How long way it is from Danang to China Beach?
A lot of question and all the help is very welcome.

Thanks a lot for your comments

-Pete

RE: Need some tips Nha Trang -> Danang -> Nha Trang

by hientonkin

Hi Pete,
* Your Southern trip sound good.
* It's worth to check out the Whale Island resort in Nha Trang.
* Should spend some days at Mui Ne Beach too, in Phan Thiet ( Bus from Saigon is 5$ ), real good for surfing, lovely beach.
* The Central of Vietnam is flooding a bit at the moment. So, pay attention before you decide to go. If you go to Danang, Cham Island Diving is the place or take 1 - 2 days in Hoi An is wonderful.
* Better to fly Nha Trang / Danang : VN336 (1205/1320)
Danang/Nha Trang: Vn335 (10:30, 11:50)
Bus is long long way. - Of course, the cheapest.
Train : The A/C soft sleeper is nice, though I prefer to put more money to fly.
Email me if you need information :)
Best,
Hien

RE: Need some tips Nha Trang -> Danang -> Nha Trang

by Lellybelly

I did the Reunification last week - The train was booked solid and we had to fly from Hue to HCMC and up to Nah Trang as a result - we then got the train from Nah Trang to Hanoi - it was an experience (we got a whole six slepper between two - it only cost $45 each rather than £15 each when sharing and they are WAY too small to share with others and luggage ..even if you are happy to be in a room with strangers when they can lock the door from the inside and your bags are all there for the taking???) it wanst unbearable but my back was killing me after a night on the hard sleeper and i certainly woudlnt do it again in my lifetime..

Nah Trang - bliss - you HAVE to stay at the Ana Mandara resort - the webste doesnt do it justice - ive just posted a review on the Trip Advisor website (should be viewable in a couple of days ..) It was just the antidote to the hussle and noise of Hue (yuk) and HCMC (great)

My fave was hanoi

Travel Tips for Da Nang

Da Nang

by Starsa

Da Nang is the fourth largest city in Vietnam. It was only a small port for goods in transit and ship repair until it developed into a commercial port in the early 18th century. Da Nang was formerly called Tourane.

Comments