Le Domaine De Tam Hai Resort

HAMLET 04, Da Nang, 00000, Vietnam
Le Domaine De Tam Hai Resort
Travelocity Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about Da Nang

A group of children visiting the temple to worshipA group of children visiting the temple to worship

a catholic church in da nanga catholic church in da nang

Houses in DanangHouses in Danang

m71gen

by m71gen

My wife and I plan to visit Vietnam, the end of April. We plan to fly into SGN and take either a plane or train to Danang. Has anyone ever ridden the train to Danang? If so, what's it like? Do they have tour busses that go from Danang to Hue, we would like to visit the DMZ.

by urungrat

If you take soft sleeper train it will be comfortable, i took hard sleeper train so cabin quite small. and there are bus to Hue..suggest to buy at Singh cafe.

by StephanB

The buses in Vietnam are nice, and you can find buses to every destination in the country. We took one train in the north, Hanoi to Sapa, and it was O.K.. Nothing special, especially because most things in Vietnam are not made for tall people such as myself. The flights from Vietnam Air (I think that is the name?) are fairly cheap and can be purchased in-country without much leeway. I loved the north and we really want to return to visit the South.
The DMZ tours from Hue are very interesting. I usually hate tours like that, but the hard-sell tour guide gives you a very interesting take on the war from the Vietnamese perspective. There are also fantastic tours in Hue to the tombs/palaces of Vietnam's past dynasties. A must, better than the DMZ tour by far. Then, if you go that far north, you have to visit Hoi-an.

by cafank

Hi
I've travelled on trains to Danang a couple of times and had no worries at all. One train was very old but comfortable enough - we had soft seats (sleeper) - and travelled at night to arive in early hours. Sometimes there are cheap flights from HCMC too, so worth checking out if you want a bit more comfort.
If you are going to Danang you would have to visit Hoi An. Last trip we took a bus from Hoi An to Hue which was great - and then booked a DMZ tour in Hue.
I do agree that some of the tombs and palaces were very interesting, probably more so that DMZ but depends why you are wanting to go there I suppose.

by nguyenthuy

I think you can get train from SGN - Dannang it is night train that is okay train, because train has solf- sleeper or hard-sleeper bed timetable you can look at http://www.vetau.com.vn/Datcho/Thongtin/Giotau_c080226.htm - price is about 50USD for solf-sleeper but I think that you should take plan it is easier and more comfortable from SGN - DAN it take about 2 hours with price is around 75 USD/per.
have open bus from DAN- HUE 2times: 11am - 2:30pm other 2pm-5:30pm. you can book DMZ tour is easy in Hue they have a lot of travel agents in Hue you can book from them.
Good luck!
Thu

Travel Tips for Da Nang

Da Nang City

by ECYM

"Small City, Huge Crowd"

Danang city was our first stop for our central vietnam trip. We stayed there for our first two nights before we move on to Hue.

A bustling city during the day, streets are filled with bikes and cars and buses. By evening, there aren't much activities.

It used to be an important port for Vietnam

Comments