Da Nang Hotels

• DSwede profile photo DSwede
  • Reviews: 1740

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Phu An Hotel: Comfortable and Economic

I don't travel with the Lonely Planet, so it was not until after I was checked in that I learned that the Phu An was in the in 'Planet'. I typically do not give too much credit to the accommodation listings in the LP, because I have too many times been disappointed with their reviews.

However, the Phu An is a good comfortable stay for those on a budget. The base room was 220,000 VND (~$14).

The rooms were basic, but comfortable. The linens and towels were clean. The rooms had hot water and A/C.

This is a no-frills hotel, but good enough. There are two computers in the lobby with free internet for the guests.

It may not be the cheapest around, but they offer scooter rentals for 20,000 VND / hour.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

• DSwede profile photo DSwede
  • Reviews: 1740

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hoang Gia Hotel: Basic budget stay

I spent a few days in Da Nang. When I first arrived, I tried to get a room at the Phu An so I could stay with my friends, but they were full. So I decided to walk a block down the street and found the Hoang Gia Hotel.

The rooms are basic and intended for those traveling on a budget. They beds are rather firm but nice enough. The TV's in the room are tiny, but then again, there are only ~3 non-Vietnamese channels.

However, the Phu An is a good comfortable stay for those on a budget. The base room was 250,000 VND (~$15).

In my opinion, the rooms here were ~$2 more expensive than the Phu An Hotel, and the stay was not as nice. I only stayed here one night until the Phu An had a vacancy.

The rooms were basic, but comfortable. The linens and towels were clean. The rooms had hot water, A/C and TV.

There is no computer in the lobby for public use. If you ask nicely, the staff may let you use the hotel computer. They did advertise free WiFi, but I was not traveling with my laptop.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average