54G Nguyen Thien Thuat Str, Tan Lap Ward, Nha Trang, 084, Vietnam

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Nha Trang

TurtleTurtle

ANOTHER VIEW OF THE BEACH LOOKING NORTHANOTHER VIEW OF THE BEACH LOOKING NORTH

Isn't this nice!Isn't this nice!

BellBell

Buying shirts in Nha Trang

by mojopac

Hi, I'll be in Nha Trang from the 2nd Nov. Is there a market there where I can buy shirts (Polo's or similar) at a reasonable price. I don't want to pack too much if I can avoid it.
Thanks for any advice.

by IdreamIam

Hi Peter, I was in Nha Trang for 4 nights about 3 years ago, there are markets there though I can't give you the address. We were staying in a Hotel on the waterfront and could walk to the markets in about 10 minutes and that was easy walking. They are not as big as HCMC but you will find Polo shirts there without a problem. You will find that if you ask at your hotel or a taxi driver if he speaks english you will have not problems. We found it ourselves with a map from the hotel. Now if you want to know were you can do a really good Cooking class I can help you there as well. I love Veitnam, if you have not been before I know you will enjoy your stay. All the best, Christine

by mojopac

Thanks for that Christine, yes, I'll also be looking to do a cooking class. From what I've read Lanterns in Nha Trang sounds good. $14 for the course which includes the market, and lunch

by IdreamIam

I think any cooking class you do would most probarbly be fine, I did my class at the ANA Mandara Hotel, it is a 5 star hotel and I had a private lesson, it was just a touch dearer, $30US however I could pick what I wanted to learn, it was at the pool area, they have a restaurant there, of course you eat what you prepare and they give you a lovely big apron to take with you, I try to do cooking classes when I travel and I really enjoyed this one. If you decide you want to do the ANA class either pop in and organise with reception or get your hotel to look up their phone number for you. Love, Christine

by betska

Dam Market, the local market, has food, clothing, kitchenware etc and is an interesting stop - not at all touristy. You should be able to buy t'shirts there. Further south & a block back from the beach in the more touristy area, there are also stalls & shops selling clothing but not a huge selection. More choice in Hoi An if you are heading in that direction.

by vietnamrum

in and around ben-thanh-market saigon is the best area. best deals outside and around the market. inside there are a few places that are marked prices.

for western sizes dam market. i dislike shopping here. you have to negotiate well. tell them the price you want to pay, if they say no go to the next stall.
dam-market nha trang is biggest here.

not really western sizes. though loads of cloth shops.
Xom Moi marked is located on Ngo gia Tu street, Tan Lap ward, Nha Trang

Travel Tips for Nha Trang

nha trang city

by call_me_rhia

Nha Trang, pronounced “Nia Tchain” was only on our list for an overnight stop - just enough to drop by and say helo to a "shared" friend... We did not expect much from a city that prides itself as a seaside resort... we ended up staying longer, not for the fine beaches (in town they are not as great as they say) and the waters of the China Sea, but for the places to visit and, in particular, new wonderful friends. Wonderful new friends - starting from the "shared" friend, Athos - now a real friend... who showed us around and fed us great home food, and his wide and little adorable daughter. And then again Charlie, the mad Basque who really knows how to enjoy life to the full... and not to forget sweet Phuong, whom we hope to meet again and take up her offer to go out to her village with her...

FEED THE MONKEYS

by balhannah

MONKEY ISLAND, and as the name suggests, its full of Monkeys. They are everywhere.

Probably if you have children they would like to feed them, you can buy food here.
If not , just enjoy watching everybody else feeding them or watch their antics.

Remember to keep hold of your camera, purse and anything loose, such as keys, they are quite good at thieving!

I came included on a tour, so for a quick look it was ok, wouldn't come here especially, and I wasn't keen on the way handlers interact with the Monkeys.

It probably is a "tourist trap" but if you haven't seen Monkeys on the loose, wandering around before, then maybe you would like it.

Jeremy Stein's Rainbow Divers

by TravelFess

I have scuba dived numerous places and this is place is top notch. I got my advanced certification through them and my friend got her initial PADI certification. They have numerous instructors (I was one on one for my adv certification). Also there were only 3 (at most) divers per master diver on all the dives. Many dive clubs in the SE Asia area can be less than reputable but this place is the real deal. I highly advise them.

Nice atmosphere, great food

by bpwarne about Khanh Kat

I ate at this restaurant in April, 2008. I found it to be very relaxed, quiet, with excellent service. Prices were reasonable, food was very good. A very pleasant setting for dinner. I had a set menu meal for $4USD. This included an appetizer of spring rolls/sauce, soup, main course of fish/shrimp w/vegetables and steamed rice, and desert. There were various set menu meals to choose from as well as a normal menu.
Also, 2 BGI beers for 14000 dong (about 85 cents, USD) from 5:30pm - 8:30pm.

CHAM TOWERS

by MikeAtSea

Situated at the top of a hill overlooking the Cai River, the Cham Towers date back to the 8th century when there were eight of these magnificent structures crowning the granite hilltop. The main tower, Ponagar, was named after the goddess of the Cham people, who worshipped Ponagar as their protector. After being destroyed during various wars, the towers were rebuilt in the 12th century. The remains we see today are still an impressive sight. From the hilltop
one can also enjoy a panoramic view of Nha Trang’s surroundings.

Comments