3/2 Tran Quang Khai, Nha Trang, 058, Vietnam

Hostelworld.com

• Very good hotel for travellers

Looking for a good budget hotel? Yes this one is quite good.
    you can contact havanhotel@vnn.vn
    probably one of the best budget hotel in town
    www.nhatrang.hotels.officelive.com
    Is't one block from the beach, clean, warm staff ready to help and has wifi connection in all rooms.

Unique Quality: One block from the beach, has good facilities...staff and manager (Nicolas) is a good host. Great value, but not the cheapest in town (yes you can find cheaper but..)

Directions: From the train station, take a taxi, should cost around 2 $.

• One of the best budget hotel in Nha Trang

Well, we stayed in the Ha Van Hotel for a week after reading reviews from an other website...Could not be more happier with our stay. Our room at the hotel was clean and was very satified by the level of service received by the VN staffs at the hotel (they english level was not so good, but so is mine!). Was not the cheapest budget hotel around, nor the most expensive but for the price of my room (with a balcony and a double bed + a rattan sofa) at 22US, it was cheap for our budget (my girlfriend who paid anyways!). Two Canadians expats run the place and were very helpful when I needed tips on where to go and what to do. They were well informed and told me that they were living there for a couple of years. You could really talk to them...like a family. Not to forget that everything was at walking distance...I mean the hotel is very well located.

On the plus side, the wireless coverage of my room was good! No bathroom but a good shower with hot water, cable tv (CNN) and again good cleaning service. One of the cleaning lady was very nice to us.

BTW, you have to go to Bai Dai ( By Zai) beach where cheap seafood are served on the beach in a little restaurant. Go also to the mudbath it is worth it (20$) and don't miss La Louisianne to enjoy the beach in town. My wife did like also the 4 Islands boat trip, me too but was exausted after it... My last advice is to rent a motorbike to go around, there is some nice places to go.

On the minus side, the beach is not so clean. Also like everywhere in Vietnam, the level of noise is extreme compare to North America. I think is a asian thing!

Unique Quality: Rooms seems small but our was very comfortable and clean. We like the personalise service given to us by all the staffs (this made our stay fantastic, we did not lose time to ''discover'' the really good places to visit and the good restaurants to eat. I mean you talk to guys that know were to send you (and not just in the tourist area)!

The hotel itself, while well decorated and all, was not the ''wow'' factor in our stay in Nha Trang but it is the service that was really really great.

Directions: Well, one block from the Sailing Club and the beach. Near everything anyways.

More about Ha Van Hotel

It's all good

by TripAdvisor Member senorvivo

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel, despite cruddy weather for 4 0f the 5 days we stayed in Nha Trang. A spacious corner room with big balcony, spotlessly clean, and comfy beds.
The staff were just great, and loved the young Vietnamese front desk guy with the full ocker Aussie accent! He was really helpful and super friendly, as were all staff we had any contact with.
The rooftop bar / restaurant is a very convivial spot to hang out, and although we personally did not eat there, food looked great. Would recommend the Cyclo Cafe around the corner for Viet food, as well as the French Bistro across the street for a great meal. Don't miss the mudbaths, and the Ma Ling[sp] island boat trip is a great day out. Would definitely stay at the Ha Van again - good value and a super location.

A great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Datyoh

I spent two nights at the Ha Van and couldn't have been happier with my stay. The rooms are clean, safe and inexpensive and the hotel is a 2 minute walk from the beach and tourist areas. The best thing about the Ha Van, though, is the hotel staff. Everyone from the owners on down made me feel welcome, like I was part of the family instead of a hotel guest. I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in Nha Trang (which will be soon).

tripadvisor must be rigged

by TripAdvisor Member sklbsd

How in the world was this ever #1? I'm sure it won't be for long. We were happy every where we stayed based on TA except for here. For one, the ownership has very recently changed and the staff apologized for the "transition" period. The bar/restaurant and the aussie accented vietnamese guy raved about in these reviews were nowhere to be found. Problems were numerous-room booked wan't available, NOISY, SMOKY, no hot water (tried to attribute to solar power?!?!), a/c turned off by mgmt. They apologized profusely for all this but it wasn't enough-many other budget options in nha trang. Clean and nice enough people but we wouldn't stay again.

Really really great place

by TripAdvisor Member erikrhoffman

All I have to say is that I loved this place. My girlfriend and myself checked out a number of hotels all over Nha Trang and were most happy with the level of service, cleanliness and friendliness we received from the Ha Van Hotel.
For one, this is one of the few budget hotels where the staff speaks and understands English. We did not really think too much of this until we had a problem at another hotel and had no way to convey it to the staff.
Also, the staff at Ha Van seemed to really go out of their way for their guests. When we needed a corkscrew they couldn't find one. That's totally fine, I don't expect a hotel to carry extra corksrews for its guests. However, after five minutes we got a call on our room phone; "We have a corkscrew! I will bring it up!" Another couple minutes later we were eating fresh lobster on our bed and washing it back with a fine california red: A truly wonderful experience. If you have the chance to stay at this fine establishment I would definitely recommend it.

What a gem

by TripAdvisor Member darcy285

The hotel is clean has a lift and a nice breakfast but found that what makes the hotel special is Nicholas and his staff.(Hue)
Nicholas went out of his way to make our stay more enjoyable and answered all our questions and was always comming up with ideas to make the hotel better and personally think as long as hes managing it ,it will only get better. For the price why would anyone look further.Best wishes to him and his staff and look forward to one day returning.

trying hard and suceeding.

by TripAdvisor Member ozimac

After reading the terrible reviews I was very hesitant re my booking for this hotel 16-19th june. How good it is to return to aus and read latest reviews on trip advisor giving this place the thumbs up. Nicholas was just a great host and if you follow his tips re restaurants, dangers, places to see you wont go wrong.
I dont know what went wrong before but can only say it was a great stay and probally best value for our trip. Just keep up the good work Nicholas!

Excellent Choice in Nha Trang

by TripAdvisor Member quarryking

Stayed here for 3 nights in mid-june. The hotel is a 2 min walk from the beach. Numerous restaurants and bars are all a short walk from the hotel.

The rooms were clean and the one we had, came with a nice balcony. Nic was also most helpful and gave us the low-down on the places to go to and made our stay very comfortable.

Will definitely stay here again when travelling thru the region. And the day long boat trip that's offered thru the hotel ,"Hanh's green hat boat ride" is also a definite must... great fun...!!!

Home away from Home

by TripAdvisor Member undob0y

I stayed in Nha Trang for 8 days, July 7th till the 15th. I stayed in this hotel while I was in Nha Trang.

Although it is a smaller hotel compared to other hotels in the Area, Ha Van Hotel does feel like home away from home.

The people, particularly the staff are very friendly and help you in every way possible. They personalize the service by calling you by your name. The two girls who are both work in the concierge area are the BEST! They should get a raise, they do speak english and help you to go around Nha Trang City.

The price is worth it even in the Peak Season, you get your cable TV, Wireless Internet, Hot water, and nice atmosphere.

It is walking distance to nice restaurants which the tourists like. And a three minute walk to the beach is nice. Compared to the hotels which are placed across the beach, the atmosphere is quiet and not that noisy.

Although I havent been able to talk to the manager although I did bump into him once or twice, Ha Van hotel made my stay in Nha Trang very nice!

Comments