Nha Trang Hotels

Our Members Say

• elena_malta profile photo elena_malta
  • Reviews: 5

Minh Hoa Hotel in Nha Trang: Minh Hoa Hotel was caught stealing money from VISA

I saw a lot of reviews saying that the travellers in Vietnam are being charged twice in Vietnamese hotels and I can confirm - they will steal the money from your VISA, even if you pay the cash or cancel the hotel with the promise of free cancellation from the hotel.
When contacted, the owner Huong denied the fact the he charged my VISA without authorisation.
I am still trying to retrieve my money.

Management is stealing money from travellers VISAs

Minh Hoa Hotel ở Nha Trang bị bắt quả tang ăn cắp tiền từ VISA của tôi.
Tôi thấy rất nhiều ý kiến nói rằng các khách du lịch tại Việt Nam được tính hai lần trong các khách sạn Việt Nam và tôi có thể xác nhận họ sẽ ăn cắp tiền từ thẻ tín dụng VISA, ngay cả khi bạn phải trả tiền mặt hoặc hủy bỏ các khách sạn với lời hứa hủy bỏ miễn phí từ khách sạn.

Khi được hỏi, Hương chủ sở hữu phủ nhận thực tế ông tính phí VISA của tôi mà không được phép.

Tôi vẫn đang cố gắng để lấy tiền của tôi

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written March 21, 2013

• CEP1863 profile photo CEP1863
  • Reviews: 213

Galaxy Hotel: Good clean accommodation

I stayed here for a week and found it to be an excellent hotel. The room was spacious and the daily cleaning was of a high standard - i did not find any bugs etc. I selected a Deluxe Sea View Room and was not disappointed with the view. The room had two double beds, a large safe, cable TV and free wi-fi. I have certainly seen and experienced much worse hotels on a two star rating and overall I would say that it was good value for the money.

If I was to be critical, then the only real things that I could pick up on was that the towels although clean and changed daily had seen better days and that the water was never really hot for taking a shower

Very close to beach and other amenities.

Excellent view (if you opt for a sea view room), the others back on to the err of the hotel which is very ugly.

Friendly and efficient staff.

• Related to: Family Travel, Women's Travel, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written August 13, 2012

My Seaview Room

• innhi profile photo innhi

Golden Sea Hotel: Professional, friendly and well located

I have stayed here for 2 days. The staffs at the reception are very friendly and helpful, they show me the place and give me discount card to buy some local specialties. My room is new and clean, towel are changed everyday. Although the room was small it was well thought out and organized and was very good value for money.The hotel is very close to everything. The wifi worked all the time. It's worth it.

VIP has a great sea view.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written March 29, 2012

the hall

• martensd profile photo martensd
  • Reviews: 35

Summer Hotel/Dong Phuong 2 Hotel: What is a Three Star Hotel

We always try to stay in a couple different Hotels. We like to stay in a three star hotel and get a suite or ocean view with balcony room. So basically we look at the higher end of rooms within a three star hotel.
But how exactly is a hotel able to receive a three star rating??? is it the rooms, the size, the pool (or lack of), the breakfast, the amenities???

We stayed at the Summer Hotel on Nguyen Thien Thuat St, and the Dong Phoung 2 on Tran Phu St on this trip.
The hotels are quite different, yet both have a three star rating.

At the Summer Hotel we stayed in a ocean view (partial...very partial) suite. The room was huge! (45m) with a very large bathroom, king bed, balcony. But the ocean view was a very small view between two buildings and a good distance away.
The breakfast was FANTASTIC. Great variety for both the local and western taste.
The service was very very good. The pool while small and a bit cloudy was nice and they had a bar and lounge with a billard table adjacent to the swimming pool.
As a matter of fact, the first day we had to wait for our room and we went to the pool and I ended up playing pool with a Russian tourist.
Who would of thought... me from the USA would be playing pool, at 9 in the morning with a Russian guy. Neither of us speaking the others language, yet communicating the differences in how we play the game. A great morning.
Our overall experence at this hotel is very pleasant. If you do not need the view, this is a good place and we would book again.

We left the Summer after three days to the Dong Phuong 2 Hotel.
So many problems. First, the room we booked was a Junior Suite ocean view with balcony.
We booked through Agoda website. There is NO WAY the room we got and the one in the picture was the same room. They must have staged the pictures in a bigger room and the bathroom picture looks like the stretched out the photo.
The room we were shown was the size of a jail cell, the bathroom was small, but did have an old chipped tub. The air-con did not work, the floors were filthy with hair all over.
But it did have a great ocean view!
So we changed to another room...same tiny "suite"....still no air and the toilet was dirty someone forgot to flush, hence they forgot to properly clean the room.
We went back downstairs and they told us we could get a Senior suite for ten dollars more a night.
We told them to forget it, we would stay only one night, and cancel the rest of our reservations.
At this point we missed the Summer Hotel.
As I was writing to Agoda about the hotel, the General Manager decided to upgrade us to the Senior Suite.
This room was much nicer, larger. Air worked, bed was nicer, bathroom was much better and the view was fantastic. Still, the Summer Hotel room was nicer, but a bit more money.

The next day we went down to breakfast. OMG....packed with loud, obnoxious "Countryside Vietnamese"
I can say that as a fact as my wife is Vietnamese and she knows the difference between countryside and urban people.
The food was geared for Vietnamese, with the exception of getting a fried egg, there was nothing for a westerner. The food was terrible, the coffee cold, the juice from a can.
Now we really missed the Summer Hotel....except for the view.
After that breakfast experience we went to the pool on the roof. The pool was small, but clean, and they had landscaped the roof to look like a garden, with a hill and palm trees and a pond. So overall the pool area was great.
The staff were very nice, but there was no one in the lobby to help with coming or leaving the hotel as did the Summer Hotel. It is difficult for me to complain since they did give us an upgraded room, but overall the experience was not a pleasant one at this hotel and seems more geared toweards the Vietnamese tourist.
This is what makes me wonder about the "Star Ratings"
On our previous trip we stayed at the Sunny Hotel which was just OK and the only ocean view was if you leaned over the balcony and looked down the street. We would not return.
And the Light Hotel which was 3.5 stars and was really nice although more expensive. We would return to this hotel.

Summer Hotel- Go for the suite with its large room and balcony.
The breakfast is outstanding. Service is terrific.
Do not stay if your are looking for a room with a view.

Dong Phoung 2- The view is fantastic. Only stay if you want the view, get the Senior Suite and do not care to eat breakfast.

• Related to: Beaches, Singles, Family Travel
  • Written March 20, 2012

• tara.laughlin profile photo tara.laughlin

Carpe DM: Nha Trang's best hotel

There is a new hotel in Nha Trang, top quality for best price $15-20 usd/night, only 2 block from the beach...
Check out Carpe DM

Run by friendly Belgian guy called Danny.
No pool but top quality rooms, all with balcony and flat screen TV.
Views over the countryside, very short walk to tourist area.

• Related to: Business Travel, Beaches, Seniors
  • Written March 8, 2012

• cal6060 profile photo cal6060
  • Reviews: 1232

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Oasis Hotel, Nha Trang: Oasis Hotel (US$10 per night)

This motel is located not very far from Sinh Cafe, Nha Trang.

Great Value!! The room is clean and basis. Our room was on the 5th floor, there were no lift. But we had a sea view room, outside the room comes with free computer with internet access.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written July 29, 2011
Tip Photo

Oasis Motel (US$10 per night)

• kattravelkat profile photo kattravelkat

Sao mai Hotel, Nha Trang: Theft at Sao mai Hotel, Nha Trang

Hi - we stayed at sao mai hotel in Nha trang for two days- unfortunately the staff stole 75 dollars from our bag in the room while we were on the beach. We reported to the manager who didnt seem to care much, called the cleaning girls and simply asked them : did you do this? There were three of them 9apparently all three clean each room- how convenient!) and all said that they hadnt done this. We went to the police who kicked us out witha report form, which we were advised to fill in in Vietnamese 9with the help of the hotel who just stole our cash). Great! Anyway, its a pity, as the sao mai hotel loks good and clean- at 12 USD fora double it is, but really it ended up 47 USD/ night given the theft + the frustration. Do not stay there, as it seems that this is not the first or last time to happen...

• Related to: Water Sports, Family Travel, Backpacking
  • Written May 29, 2010

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

Sao Mai Hotel: In the heart of the backpacker area

This is a nice place that's located in the main backpacker area of Biet Thu which is close to the beach and just south of the war memorial. They have fan rooms for $9 and a/c rooms for $11. My fan room was a good size and had a double bed, wardrobe, 2 chairs, table, fan, TV, fridge and a narrow bathroom.

• Written May 8, 2010
Tip Photo

• bpwarne profile photo bpwarne
  • Reviews: 332
Quang Vinh 1: Economical hotel right across from beach

While I have never stayed at this hotel, I did check it out in April, 2008. Rooms were about $18 for a non view room to $25 for a large beach view room in front. Prices could probably be negotiated further down also. Breakfast included, free internet in lobby, elevator. All rooms have A/C, TV, bath. The two rooms Ilooked at were very clean.
I would recommend this place as it is a place I would stay myself.

Right across the street from beach. Great ocean/beach views from some rooms.

• Related to: Road Trip, Beaches, Budget Travel
  • Written May 21, 2008

• NeverGrowOld profile photo NeverGrowOld
  • Reviews: 88

Red Coral Hotel (San Ho Do): US$10/room/night

I was planning for a trip to Nha Trang and suddenly found out that after a long trip to Phan Thiet, I have not much money left for Nha Trang :-P Then I called a friend, asking her to arrange hotel room for me and was recommended to stay in Red Coral Hotel (San Ho Do) which located at Tran Phu Street, the "beach street". The room rate was extremely cheap (US$10/room/night). The room was new and clean, with comfort bed, a small balcony, air conditioner, mini bar, cable TV, toilet with bath shower, toothbrush, soap, very clean white towel. Hotel staff was nice and helpful. A good place to stay you if have super low budget :-)

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written April 20, 2008

• konini profile photo konini
  • Reviews: 16

Truong Giang Hotel, Nha Trang, Vietnam: Fantastic brand new hotel in Nha Trang

Brand new, says it all with free Wi-Fi. The staff are wonderful, speak perfect English and are really, really helpful. Location was good - central but far enough off the beaten track to be quiet at night. Full review at http://www.littlewhiteswan.com/Accom/az08/0813.html

Staff. Couldn't do enough for us. I even got a rose on Valentines day. Fantastic location too.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written February 18, 2008

• konini profile photo konini
  • Reviews: 16

C.30 Hotel: Avoidable hotel in Nha Trang

No faults with the standards of accommodation, but major problems with "free" Wi-Fi access which was actually being leached off the restaurant next door. Staff were very very unhelpful and rude.

Great facilities except Wi-Fi. Terrible service. Full review at www.littlewhiteswan.com/Accom/az08/0812.html

• Related to: Budget Travel, Beaches, Backpacking
  • Written February 18, 2008

• Johnnyveri profile photo Johnnyveri
  • Reviews: 9

Khuong Linh Hotel: Budget hotels for the budget traveler

Further down Tran Phu street, near the waterpark end are a strip of smaller hotels that are self run or family operated businesses by locals rather than the 4-5 stars foreign line of hotel chains hence why they are alot cheaper.
One night stay here twin share cost a total of $10-$16 US or from $180,000VND per night back in Jan/Feb and May/June this year. This price was heavily discounted by the owner because she was a good friend of my local host so I'm not sure if that price is still applicable.

There are many small hotels to choose from. I got one staying on the 4th floor at 96B1. The price I paid for included the standards you will find at other 2-3 star places. Full Air conditioning, clean bathrooms, double beds or queen size, cable TV, bar fridge and a balcony. The view is great. Check out my pics for the view from my room.

The beach and waterpark is directly opposite facing my hotel so no need for a bike or long walk. Bike hire is also available downstairs. Food and restaurants are very close nearby also by walking.

Great view and close to beach for a fraction of the price at other larger hotels. Great for budget traveler.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written October 21, 2007

View from hotel room 4th floor

• elmasri profile photo elmasri
  • Reviews: 227

Ki-em Art House resort: A quiet place for relaxation

This is a 4* resort, full board, and an amazing place to just relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings. No pool but not necessary as it is right on the beach.

We were alone at the resort for almost 2 days and were treated as kings. I truly recommend this place. A bit out of the way but well worth it.

Great views, right on the beach.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written December 23, 2006

the bed...

• kelnsha profile photo kelnsha
  • Reviews: 526

Blue Star Hotel: Nice seaview - Blue Star Hotel

It was a pleasant stay except that there is no lift but the seaview from our top floor room or balcony is worth the climb.

Our quad-sharing room costs us US$22 per room per night. We stayed in room 401 for 2 nights there from 19 to 21 July 2006.

The hotel offers basic amenities with cable TV. The room was clean and comfortable.

It is a good budget choice close to the beach.

Nice seaviews from the upper floors.

Corner rooms have great big balconies.

• Related to: Road Trip, Backpacking, Budget Travel