01 Tue Tinh Street, Nha Trang, Vietnam

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• lindagn1's Profile Photo

Nice, clean, great view

We stayed here for three days while we were visiting family. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I had some problems with mosquitoes during my stay, but that comes with the territory. Our view was absolutely amazing. On the 10th floor, you are able to see almost everything. They have about 4 computers in the lobby that guests are welcomed to use for free. This comes in handy when you need to check your email. There is no mircophone hooked up, so no phone calls via VoIP. Instant messaging is accessible though. The prices are displayed for every room they have available. No special pricing is given and no over charging for rooms either. One room with two full beds was roughly $50USD/night.

Laundry service is fast and fairly inexpensive. Much nicer than the original Phu Quy Hotel. I would defintely stay here again. They offer free breakfast in the morning to every guest. Not enough to fill you up but the fresh french bread is worth getting up early for.

Before booking, ask to see the room you will rent first. They shouldn't have a problem taking you up there to inspect it before you actually book it.

Unique Quality: Pool on the top floor was great. It was small but the view alone is worth the ride up the elevator.

The decor is very modern; newer furniture and linens. The beds are quite comfortable.

Directions: Around the corner from the original Phu Quy Hotel in Nha Trang. (Not facing the water)

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Nice view from roof

We atayed at this hotel in late May, 2007. We paid $25/night including breakfast. Breakfast was somewhat limited, your choice of one item and one drink. It has a swimming pool on the roof but the water surprisingly was too cold to enjoy. Room was clean, with new furnisnings, A/C, fridg, TV w/english channels, in room safe, ocean view from bathroom window. Hotel has an elevator. Across from the beach.

More about Nha Trang

Funny DanceFunny Dance

LARGE MONUMENT OF THE LOTUS FLOWER  NHA TRANGLARGE MONUMENT OF THE LOTUS FLOWER NHA TRANG

Lovely!Lovely!

Inside the BuddhaInside the Buddha

Nha Trang, Phu Quoc or another destination?

by schmechi

We'll visit Vietnam next turn of the year. After a short tour (Saigon, Cu Chi, Cai Rang, Mekong delta) we want to a spend beach holiday. Which resort would you recommend? Although we want to enjoy beutiful, sandy beaches, infrastructure is very important, because we want to party at night. That's why I originally tended to go to Nha Trang. Unfortunately I researched, that late december/early January is a bad season to go there beacuse of a high chance of rain and due to lack of sun hours. Should we change our destination and go for Phu Quoc? Are there other worthwhile alternatives?

Thanx in advance!

by xymmot

by xymmot

Nha Trrang is a great place to go for action and beach. Dec and Jan months are when the rainy season is over, so I do not know what your friend was talking about, rather it is dry season in that Southern Vietnam area. Now into Northern part of Vietnam, it is cool and has rain. Do another search again because that is the time I went there and I do not remember any rain. If you want guarantee sunshine , go farther south to Phu Quoc.

by Marshall78

My wife, son and I were in Mui Ne last year and totally enjoyed every moment of it. There were times we were the only ones on the beach which was lovely. In addition to the beach, the white and red sand dunes are really gorgeous.

by schmechi

First of all thank you for your answers...

As nightlife matters, Phu Quoc doesn't seem to be an acceptable option for me.

Regarding Nha Trang I am surprised, that you tell me, that rainy season will be over, because climate charts (fi.: http://www.holidaycheck.com/climate-wetter_Nha+Trang-ebene_oid-id_7315.html) made me believe, that there will be a high chance of rain.. Additionally Nha Trang seems to be at the border between Southern and central Vietnam with the different climate zones...

by balhannah

I have only been to Nha Trang, and I think that would be what your looking for. Nice beaches & plenty of nightlife, also islands with beaches, and you can go para sailing and do other water sports.

by daviddo9988

I was in Nha trang once from 12 of Dec till the 20th of Dec and it was raining non stop for the whole time. Did not even get to see the sun. Cannot even fly out because of bad weather. Big storm at that time. So yes there is a chance you may be caught in heavy rain during Dec and Jan.

Travel Tips for Nha Trang

Motorbike taxi tour

by balhannah

Instead of doing a organized tour, hire a motorbike & driver who can speak English. Mine was very organized showed me where we would go and asked where else I would like to go. The price was 120,000dong plus entrance fees, great value. He drove slowly, and stopped whenever I asked for photos. He explained sights to me, altogether very helpful, so much, that I booked him to take me to the airport for my return flight. This cost 120,000dong

Breakfast

by paradisedreamer

The variety of fruit on the beach is fantastic. Try dragon fuit, it has a pink skin and inside it is white with black seeds. It is hard to describe the taste it had the consistency of a banana but tastes a bit like a kiwi fruit

Diving with Rainbow Divers

by Fuzk84

I went diving with Rainbow Divers. Since I'm a total noob i went for DSD (discover scuba diving). Slightly over $50USD (including taxes and all) for two dives of about 20mins each.
The divemasters(?) are all friendly and professional. I felt like i was in safe hands all the time. They are all nice enough to point out the interesting creatures when underwater with them. I had a very enjoyable experience onboard with them! Well worth the money!
I didn't take my camera along so there are no pics to show.. =_=

Vietnamese & Italian food

by betska about Cyclo Cafe

This place must have been flavour of the month when we were there. It's the first time on our trip that we had to wait for a table. The food was top quality and the beer was nice & cold (I seem to mention beer a lot... don't I?) Seafood hot pot - yum. The only minus was having no bread to soak up the delicious sauce

Relax on the beach

by mnhaus

As if anyone needed to be told this, but it sure is nice to be able to relax on the beach and take a break from the daily routine... One nice thing of using the huge public beach is that you can get anything you want from the vendors who are there. The bad thing is that those same vendors are usually pretty persistent, and as elsewhere in Vietnam, there are several selling the same things, so expect to have regular offerings.

Comments