Starlet Hotel

Starlet Hotel
Agoda.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

More about Nha Trang

Po Nagar TowersPo Nagar Towers

Enjoying a mud bath can be a very social eventEnjoying a mud bath can be a very social event

Opera house at Nha TrangOpera house at Nha Trang

Making FriendsMaking Friends

Seafood on the beach.

by hethas

I read so much about people saying seafood cooked on the beach by the vendors is relly cheap.As this really appeals to me I would like to know how much I should pay in regards to lobster, crabs, squid etc.

by JonnyVN

Really depends on which beach, the cheapest I found was the beach on the other side of Mui Ne village, past the dunes, so cheap I can't remember the cost

by lightsmileandi

Hi!

This is a very interesting question! but there will be no exact answer I think as it depends on the place, time and even the situation :-)

It is normally true that the sea food at restaurants located near the beach is very fresh and nice but for the price, please do not expect to pay the same price like the locals do because most vendors will charge you a little bit more (I do not like this any more but the fact is that) so if you are traveling alone and stop at a vendors near the beach, please be nice, cool and bargain the price before entering inside.
You can also have nice seafood in the city with the fixed price at restaurants where you can see the sea food alive.

I hope that you will have a memoriable trip to Vietnam with nice seafood!

by stolky

At the sailing club at Nha Trang I was sitting in my cabana drinking a bucket of fruit juice and rhum and the vendors were sitting along the beach just outside the exclusion zone, I asked the waiter at the club if it was alright to buy off them and eat at my cabana and surprisingly they had no problems with it.

I approached a lady who had a large pot of boiled crabs and an ice bucket full of lobster and she pulled out a large lobster probably 1 1/2 to 2 kg and told me 150,000 I countered with 100,000 and she said yes straightaway. I went back to my sun lounge and she cleaned and cooked the lobster over coals and waved to me when it was ready. I tried to pay her then but she said no "you not like you not pay".

She gave it to me on a plate with a fork and a small bowl of spicey sauce and a wedge of lime, I'm not a great lobster fan, but it was alright, my wife absolutely loved it though and it was certainly cheap enough.

An english guy asked me what I had payed and then went and got a slightly smaller lobster and a couple of crabs for the same price.

by KOOLJ

Hi,

Yeap, this is also my concern to any beach. I can not say it's cheaper or nicer than restaurant but experiencing this time is much greater. That's the only interesting reason for me to enjoy any beach when affordable. I think you are the same. So, try it. But please bargain a little bit with a smile and soft but decisive voice. ;-)

If you need me to help you, please call me at 0955 490 490. ;->

KoolJ (freelance travel consultant)

Travel Tips for Nha Trang

Beautiful children

by paradisedreamer

The children on the beach are lovely. When we left each of the children we had met gave us a leaving gift which ranged from biscuits to a doll (as we did not have children then) as well as ornaments.

Amazingly generous people (2)

by paradisedreamer

We can learn so much from children We had a routine of buying fruit on the beach every morning. One day I went down to the beach without any money. A young girl not more than six years old who had got to know us asked why I was not having breakfast so I explained my fiance was coming with some money later. She was having none of this and went off to buy me some mangoes. We now refer to her as mango girl.

Parasailing at Nha Trang beach and sea

by kelnsha

For those who have yet to try parasailing, this is the place to try.

It is a special parachute with winglike extensions that will lift the person in its harness up and through the air when towed by a speedboat. Just bring yourself and all equipment will be provided.

Good western food (German)

by Williebobs about Restaurant 7C

Really good western/German food (we're English). Great bread, sausages etc. More expensive than some local places (obviously) but what a refreshing change Bread and sausages! Italian tuna pate and bread was good.

Tran Phu Street

by ExoticGal

- the acknowledged most beautiful street in Vietnam.

Nha Trang have many coconut trees lining on the beach... This view is from Tran Phu Street, the most beautiful street in Vietnam (& I say, Vietnam, not Nha Trang)...

Comments