12-14 Tran Phu St, Nha Trang, Vietnam

Booking.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 44% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Very nice resort by the beach.

I ended up staying for a night at the Sunrise Nha Trang as a bit of an accident as the place i was originally staying had an overbooking and moved me next door, but no complaints from my side as this place is really nice.
    Nice big rooms with good beds and very nice common aras with staff that are attentive without being pushy and annoying.
    The rooms have nice big balconies and there is a spa too for those who are in to that kinda thing.
    I was there for work so i was mainly sitting working at the coffee shop and that was very nice, but a bit pricy.

Directions: Right by the beach next to the Pasteur institute.

• Fuzk84's Profile Photo

Nice architecture, great service!

I had a two night stay at this hotel. The room that i had faced the beach so i had a nice seaview and the activity on the beach. Better yet, the pool was directly below my room so i had a nice view of all the sunbathing girls! =)))
    Anyway the service was pretty great. The staff are helpful and friendly. There's a plate of assorted fruits served to your room everyday. The rooms are spacious and comfy.
    The pool also looks great. A round pool with sunchairs around it. There's a bar at the end too.
    The only restaurant in the hotel also serves a nice seafood dinner buffet. Its at $20USD per head, a little expensive to pay for seafood around Nha Trang, considering the cheap seafood that can be bought at the restaurants littering the road that runs parallel to the beach. However, the food at the buffet is fresh and barbequed on the spot. There are also prepared dishes that can be taken.
    On the overall a very enjoyable stay!

More about Sunrise Beach Resort Nha Trang

Loved Sunrise

by TripAdvisor Member fbigfish

My wife and I have just returned from our second stay at Nha Trang. Previously we had stayed at Ana Mandara which is now getting a bit tired (they are commencing a 1 million upgrade of their rooms in next few months). This time we stayed at Sunrise Beach Resort. As we booked our stay directly through a vietnamese travel agent we were able to secure a studio suite for 120USD per night. Top floor, 2 balconies, jacuzzi, breathtaking views etc. This hotel is in my opinion truly 5 star. The service is as good as anywhere else in the world that I have encountered. Staff are genuinely friendly, know who you are, how long you are staying and when you are leaving. All amentities including beachfront are first class. A wonderful experience and our next visit to Nha Trang (in next few months) will definately be at the Sunrise.

A nice property

by TripAdvisor Member jjlasne

The Sunrise Beach Resort is a nice property with a view of the ocean. It came across as quite posh especially in the lobby although I noticed the paint peeling off on the bathroom doors... My room was large with 2 balconies. Work was taking place on the property so it was best to leave after breakfast although it was not that loud.
The property is well located and the service is top notch. The buffett breakfast was loaded with Western and Asian foods for all taste. I did not try the pool since the beach beckons across the street. In the afternoon, an attendant brings a rack on the balcony for you to dry your bathing suits. That' s service. I also did not eat at the restaurant in the hotel but I did read the menu and it offered some really expensive (for VietNam) itms.

Loved every minute of our stay

by TripAdvisor Member Sparra1979

despite having our reservation lost on our first evening in the hotel after coming in via train and on departure having our train tickets misplaced by hotel staff, the entire time at Sunrise was magnificent. The tour desk presented value for miney, the Happy Hour's are a god send for those wanting a drink and to relax and the pool and views off the balcony were exceptional. The staff were exceptional in their level of service. Three nights of pure bliss.

Be treated like royalty at Sunrise, Nha Trang

by TripAdvisor Member ralphman

This 5* resort has almost everything going for it, from the moment you are met at the airport until you are delivered back at the end of your stay (if you take the transfers that is!)
Very friendly professional staff with a good grasp of English.
Very upmarket facilities, with a section of beach for guests, plus a great relaxing pool.
My only criticism would be some of the in-hotel pricing is a bit too expensive given the bargains out the front door and around the corner, although they do have happy hours and specials every day. That's the issue I suppose having full 5* hotels in bargain countries.
Overall though an excellent experience.

Nice Hotel but impersonal

by TripAdvisor Member living4holidays

We stayed at the sunrise from 25/6-30/6, the hotel had very nice amenities, modern but boring and impersonal.
The service was great but the atmosphere of the place was too perfect and not really relaxed.
The Location was pretty good, 5 min walk from market and 1/2 hour walk to restaurants, or 5 min bike ride.
It is located across the road from the beach and great ocean views.
The room was modern, not huge I think the triple was a good size or ask for upgrade to club suite they are much bigger and nicer.
The beach across the road looked great from a distance but it was flithy with plastic bags old food and I saw human faeces on one occasion...needless to say only swam in the hotel pool.
I think it is probably one of the best hotels in Nha trang but from a personal point of view by pass Nha trang and go to Hoi an or Ha long Bay instead.

Not great for families who love a pool

by TripAdvisor Member Kgari

Although we had a good stay, the main drawback of this hotel for kids is the relatively small pool. Our daughter was very disappointed. If you can , I suggest Vinpearl as best for families(it was booked out - that"s why we were at Sunrise)On the positive, great helpful staff, good food, rooms meticulously cleaned and good location opposite the beach. We were hit with an extra charge because our daughter slept with us, which I thought was very unusual. Overall it was OK experience.

Great family beach front hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member scottymelbourne

After staying in the Majestic in Saigon, this hotel seemed less classy. The finishes in the rooms were of cheap material and the bathroom was adequate, however we were all given sea view rooms (5 of them), check in was painless and the breakfasts were beautifully presented in the restaurant at the front of the hotel.
Our teenagers/ young adults loved the pool area and the roof top bar. The highlights of Nha Trang for us was the day on the bay on a fishing boat, two visits to a nearby restaurant called Lac Canh 44 Nguyen Binh Kiem where you bbq your own food at the table in terracotta pots!- really tasty but can be smokey, and a visit to a new spa called Suspa at 93 Nguyen Thien Thuat Street. We had amazing hot stone therapy massage for 90 minutes at a cost of $18. Beautiful surroundings- spotlessly clean, the softest towels and amazong pudding at the end! They offer abig range of beauty therapies. Can't wait to get back...

Great place!

by TripAdvisor Member Indian_Baldie

I highly recommend this hotel! The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Try and get a seaside view. The pool is nice, but you are right across the street from the hotel's private beach. Transportation to and from the hotel was convenient.
Overall and excellent hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

Terrible experience

by TripAdvisor Member MrChesterfield

Arriving at this hotel and the surrounding area, including the beach was a most awful experience. One hotel and resort i will never visit again. The hotel was sterile and you feel like a mere number in their books. Checking in was a hastle - many unnecessary processes to be adhered to. The rooms were dated. The view from ones personal balcony was pleasant, the sound of the 4 lane road separating the hotel from its private beach however ruined this attempt of an oasis in your room. All in all, if you are a fan of Benidorm and such places. stay here. If not look for a different region or hotel (Ana mandara).

any suggestions on this vietnam itinerary?

by daz01

Sorry for the vague and unspecific question, which I'm sure is against the VT forum rules but here goes…

We're spending about a month in Vietnam and a few days in Cambodia starting beginning of September. Below is our approximate itinerary. Can anyone make any comments, e.g. glaring omissions, I'm not allowing enough time, weather in X part of the country is no good at that time, etc etc. We want to spend a few days relaxing on a beach. Any comments about Hoi An, Mui Ne, or Ho Coc at that time of year? Also, we're half thinking of skipping Mekong Delta. Is this a mistake?

Land Hanoi in evening
Hoi An - 4 days
Day on the bus to Nga Trang
Day on the bus to Dalat
Dalat - 3 days
Mui Ne - 4 days (or maybe Ho Coc?)
Saigon - 2 days
Phnom Penn - 2 days
Angkor Wat - 3 days
Overland to Bangkok

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

by JonnyVN

Think you have it wrapped, only thing is 4 days in Mui Ne might be a bit much unless you want to chill, you will have already done 2 beach resorts which are a bit better. I would head from dalat down to Saigon, hang out then mekong delta to PP
Jonny

by hientonkin

Just a suggestion: Sunrise Beach resort in Cat ba island is great.

Hien

by daz01

Great, thanks for that. We'll try the Mekong Delta instead.
Cheers