Saigon Phu Quoc Resort

See Amenities
Stepwalk's Profile Photo

Seaside Resort

by written on October 30, 2009

We stayed at Saigon Phu Quoc Resort right on the beach in a clean, air-conditioned room with a balcony. This resort tries hard and does everything reasonably well but its best described as the Basil Fawlty version of a Club Med: those of you traveling South-East Asia regularly will know what I mean. Accordingly, if you’re expecting things to run perfectly and get exactly what you ask for then be prepared to be disappointed. However if you go with the flow and expect the unexpected then you will love Phu Quoc.

Unique Quality: Great pool, magnificent ocean views, large rooms with balcony, and good food.

ingello's Profile Photo

Hotel

by written on March 23, 2008

A great place to chill out after the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City.

This resort is very nice. The rooms are ok.
The pool area is ok and the beach out the front is lovely.

Transfers to/from the airport are organised by the hotel and they can also organise day trips for you.

Sasco Blue Lagoon Hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 14, 2008

Friendly staff, but pretty inefficient at dealing with basic admin issues and hotel management showed no interest in dealing with queries or matters of concern. Only there for a few nights so we stuck it out, but was aware of a few guests checking out and moving elsewhere.

Unique Quality: Located right on a nice stretch of beach, but bungalow rooms were small and very basic.

ozpaul's Profile Photo

Paradise

by written on January 8, 2006

The wonderful thing about this resort is that it is located so close to the beach. Room here are nice although some look as if they need a little work. We stayed in a seaview room and were glad that we booked it as the rooms on the lower floors (1 and 2) generally only had views of the trees or other bungalows. Right on the beach is a bar where, if you wave a yellow flag the staff come to serve you and if you wave a blue flag they bring you the bill. The staff here, however, seemed very obsessed with the pool and beach towels. They were at times reluctant to give you one - didn't really understand this at all. Breakfast was nice although some strange combinations of food at times.

Unique Quality: Great pool - lovely beach bar right on the beach - you wave a yellow flag to be served and a blue one to collect the bill!!! You must try the pool towels - the entire process is a little strange. There seems to be endless confusion (and possession) over the pool and beach towels!! Also, I booked this Hotel online. Transport to the hotel was organised - they met us at the airport and our names appeared on the welcome board out the front!!

ozpaul's Profile Photo

Paradise

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 8, 2006

Stayed here for 4 days relaxing on the beach. A great place to chill out after the hustle and bustle of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. Staff were very attentive but we were very glad we booked a seaview room - the lower floors (1 and 2) generally had only views of trees or other bungalows. The breakfasts were quite interesting although very well organised. The great thing about this place is that it is only about 20 metres to the beach.

worldkiwi's Profile Photo

Blobbing out in comfort.

by written on May 13, 2005

I booked my stay at Phu Quoc Saigon Resort from home before leaving for my trip to Asia. I figured I'd need some luxury to blob out in and recover from my the work side of my trip. How right I was.
This resort is very nice. The rooms are pleasant and light. The pool area is lovely (even if the sun does warm the pool up too much to cool off in during the day) and the beach out the front is ok. The sand on Phu Quoc is lovely, but the water on the western side of the island (where this resort is), is not exactly sparkling. It's clean enough to swim in though. Just don't expect water like you'd find in the South Pacific. The restaurant on site serves food at fairly reasonable prices, though I would advise sticking to the Vietnamese dishes and avoiding the western style ones. Transfers to/from the airport are organised by the hotel and they can also organise day trips for you, though I did it my way with the motorbike drivers touting out the front of the hotel and had a memorable day! You can walk to the main town easily from this resort.

Directions: It's about a 500m walk to the edge of Duong Dong. An early morning walk (before the sun is at roasting level), will take you all round the town!

jolou's Profile Photo

The best resort?

by written on April 24, 2005

We didn't actually stay here but we met some people who did and spent a bit of time there one day. The resort is the most expensive on the island and has many facilities and a lovely pool. The beach is spotless and dog-free. The downside of the lack of dogs however could be that there is more room for other creatures and I saw a huge bloody rat as I was sipping on a cocktail by the pool!

The restaurant is expensive however they do a reasonably cheap BBQ every evening if you want to go there with a budget in mind. If you want luxury and attentive service then this is the place for you... be prepared to pay for it though.

N.S.'s Profile Photo

Little luxory to your trip!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 19, 2004

Bottom of my heart, I can recommend this hotel to everyone. Only bad thing is price, our seaview bungalow costs 100$. But it was definitely worth it! Cheapest room was less than 40$.
If you book beforehand, prices are cheaper. Otherwise rates are even twice as much!

Unique Quality: Everything was perfect! Pool was big and water like birdmilk, beach was clean and quiet. You can even try snokling about 5 meters from beach and see some corals.

Breakfast was stunning. If I would be cow, I would still chewing the breakfast. There was everything what you have ever imagine to eat in breakfast or lunch or dinner or later...
omeletts as you like, pancakes as you like, noodels as you like... and everything else oooh, my stomach is killing me...

Service was nice, too. We got even flowers in Finlands Independens day.

Nearby Saigon Phu Quoc Resort

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Airport Transportation

Phu Quoc Travel Forum

Need advice about Phu Quoc, Vietnam? Visit the Travel Forum for Phu Quoc and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Phu Quoc
Take a Sunset Walk
Visit Ham Ninh
Eat Seafood
Diving Phu Quoc October
Things to Do
Thin bread baked in oven = not pizza!
SATURDAY BANKING...
Coi Nguon Museum…
Things to Do
GAS UP WHEN YOU HAVE A CHANCE...
Warnings and Dangers
DO SUPPORT the LOCAL FRUIT GIRLS!!!
Great Food...Terrific Service..
HEADS UP...DIRT ROADS...
Warnings and Dangers
Hang at the BEACH..There's PLENTY to choose from!
Visit a PEARL FARM.. See How Pearls are CULTIVATED
Snorkeling Excursion...
Pepper Plantation…Huong Tram
Things to Do
Cay Dua Prison…“Coconut Tree Prison”
Things to Do
The Market….Color and a Buzz!@!
Night Market….
Getting there.
Markets
Beaches
Things to Do
Fresh seafood everywhere you look
Rach Gia to Phu Quoc
Transportation
BEST Info and Ice Cream in Phu Quoc!!!
Around the island
no flights
Tropicana Resort
Phu Quoc Tours & Excursions
Phu Quoc Tours & Excursions
Things to Do
While you're waiting at Rach Gia.
Fishing trip.
Around Duong Dong.
Things to Do
We found Free ADSL and New Zealand Ice Cream!!!!
Exploring
Boat Tour
Ferry Experience!
Transportation
Massage on the Beach (Duh! This is Asia)
It Ain't Over 'Til the Cows Come Home