1 Tran Hung Dao Beachside Boulevard, Vietnam

Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Costs 67% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Stepwalk's Profile Photo

Seaside Resort

We stayed at Saigon Phu Quoc Resort right on the beach in a clean, air-conditioned room with a balcony. This resort tries hard and does everything reasonably well but its best described as the Basil Fawlty version of a Club Med: those of you traveling South-East Asia regularly will know what I mean. Accordingly, if you’re expecting things to run perfectly and get exactly what you ask for then be prepared to be disappointed. However if you go with the flow and expect the unexpected then you will love Phu Quoc.

Unique Quality: Great pool, magnificent ocean views, large rooms with balcony, and good food.

• ingello's Profile Photo

Hotel

A great place to chill out after the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City.

This resort is very nice. The rooms are ok.
    The pool area is ok and the beach out the front is lovely.

Transfers to/from the airport are organised by the hotel and they can also organise day trips for you.

• Sasco Blue Lagoon Hotel

Friendly staff, but pretty inefficient at dealing with basic admin issues and hotel management showed no interest in dealing with queries or matters of concern. Only there for a few nights so we stuck it out, but was aware of a few guests checking out and moving elsewhere.

Unique Quality: Located right on a nice stretch of beach, but bungalow rooms were small and very basic.

• ozpaul's Profile Photo

Paradise

The wonderful thing about this resort is that it is located so close to the beach. Room here are nice although some look as if they need a little work. We stayed in a seaview room and were glad that we booked it as the rooms on the lower floors (1 and 2) generally only had views of the trees or other bungalows. Right on the beach is a bar where, if you wave a yellow flag the staff come to serve you and if you wave a blue flag they bring you the bill. The staff here, however, seemed very obsessed with the pool and beach towels. They were at times reluctant to give you one - didn't really understand this at all. Breakfast was nice although some strange combinations of food at times.

Unique Quality: Great pool - lovely beach bar right on the beach - you wave a yellow flag to be served and a blue one to collect the bill!!! You must try the pool towels - the entire process is a little strange. There seems to be endless confusion (and possession) over the pool and beach towels!! Also, I booked this Hotel online. Transport to the hotel was organised - they met us at the airport and our names appeared on the welcome board out the front!!

• ozpaul's Profile Photo

Paradise

Stayed here for 4 days relaxing on the beach. A great place to chill out after the hustle and bustle of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. Staff were very attentive but we were very glad we booked a seaview room - the lower floors (1 and 2) generally had only views of trees or other bungalows. The breakfasts were quite interesting although very well organised. The great thing about this place is that it is only about 20 metres to the beach.

• worldkiwi's Profile Photo

Blobbing out in comfort.

I booked my stay at Phu Quoc Saigon Resort from home before leaving for my trip to Asia. I figured I'd need some luxury to blob out in and recover from my the work side of my trip. How right I was.
    This resort is very nice. The rooms are pleasant and light. The pool area is lovely (even if the sun does warm the pool up too much to cool off in during the day) and the beach out the front is ok. The sand on Phu Quoc is lovely, but the water on the western side of the island (where this resort is), is not exactly sparkling. It's clean enough to swim in though. Just don't expect water like you'd find in the South Pacific. The restaurant on site serves food at fairly reasonable prices, though I would advise sticking to the Vietnamese dishes and avoiding the western style ones. Transfers to/from the airport are organised by the hotel and they can also organise day trips for you, though I did it my way with the motorbike drivers touting out the front of the hotel and had a memorable day! You can walk to the main town easily from this resort.

Directions: It's about a 500m walk to the edge of Duong Dong. An early morning walk (before the sun is at roasting level), will take you all round the town!

• jolou's Profile Photo

The best resort?

We didn't actually stay here but we met some people who did and spent a bit of time there one day. The resort is the most expensive on the island and has many facilities and a lovely pool. The beach is spotless and dog-free. The downside of the lack of dogs however could be that there is more room for other creatures and I saw a huge bloody rat as I was sipping on a cocktail by the pool!

The restaurant is expensive however they do a reasonably cheap BBQ every evening if you want to go there with a budget in mind. If you want luxury and attentive service then this is the place for you... be prepared to pay for it though.

• N.S.'s Profile Photo

Little luxory to your trip!

Bottom of my heart, I can recommend this hotel to everyone. Only bad thing is price, our seaview bungalow costs 100$. But it was definitely worth it! Cheapest room was less than 40$.
    If you book beforehand, prices are cheaper. Otherwise rates are even twice as much!

Unique Quality: Everything was perfect! Pool was big and water like birdmilk, beach was clean and quiet. You can even try snokling about 5 meters from beach and see some corals.

Breakfast was stunning. If I would be cow, I would still chewing the breakfast. There was everything what you have ever imagine to eat in breakfast or lunch or dinner or later...
    omeletts as you like, pancakes as you like, noodels as you like... and everything else oooh, my stomach is killing me...

Service was nice, too. We got even flowers in Finlands Independens day.

More about Saigon Phu Quoc Resort

General

by Stepwalk

At various times over our trips we have stayed in hotels from 1 to 3 stars and have never been really disappointed. Most times we look for clean, airconditioned rooms and maybe a pool. However the boutique hotels frequented mostly by locals seem to have the most character despite quite often having to carry your luggage up stairs due to no lifts! The hotels we have stayed in and would recommend include The Grand, Thang Long, and Elios in HCM; Hoa Binh, Hoa Linh, and The Galaxy in Hanoi; Saigon Morin and The Heritage in Hue; Hoi An Resort, Hoi An Beach Resort, River Beach Resort, and Vinh Hung 3 in Hoi An; and Saigon Phu Quoc Resort in Phu Quoc.

Saigon Phu Quoc Resort's pool and seasideSaigon Phu Quoc Resort's pool and seaside

The Saigon Phu Quoc Resort swimming pool and oceanThe Saigon Phu Quoc Resort swimming pool and ocean

Phu Quoc Resorts, eating and poluted water?

by Yasuo-ms

Hi,

We are a group of 9 friends that are visiting Phu Quoc Isalnd for about 5 nights. We're probably going to stay at Saigon Phu Quoc Resort (Panorama Rooms). Before we make our reservation we would like to know:

Is Saigon Phu Quoc a nice resort?

How's the food there?

Should we go with a Breakfast and Lunch (or Dinner) package included?

I´ve read some posts about the water in Phu Quoc being poluted. Is that true?

Thanks,

Michael

RE: It's the most beautiful beach in Asia

by brick25

Hi, I have been there 2 year ago and It is the most beautiful island in Asia I've seen. I've been to alot of island in Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia and all of the islands such as PhuKhet, Kosamui, Kochang, Pattaya, Penang, Shihanovik... None of these islands can compare with PhuQuoc.
PhuQuoc has alot of beautiful and desert beaches with white sand beaches very clean water. I had a great time on Phu Quoc island. Try to have seafood at the local restaurants and don't miss the chances to discover snorkeling, diving ..... Definitely you will like it.
If you need any futher information you can write me at: hellovietnam@usa.com

place to stay in PhuQuoc

by brick25

If you want to stay in luxury places ... yep SaiGon PhuQuoc or Tropicana is best places with westens tourists. If you want to have good and nice food with best service. I recomend you Thousand stars resort - it is not too far from SaiGon PhuQuoc, very nice and you never feel annoy when you ask for a drink and wait for half hour like SaiGon PhuQuoc.

RE: Phu Quoc Resorts, eating and poluted water?

by bomobob

Saigon PQ is nice, if you like that sort of cookie-cutter international hotel. The food...well, it depends on what you like. I would rather walk the the 100m to town and eat locally than eat the hotel food, but that's just me.
The tap water is not potable anywhere in Vietnam, if that's what you mean. Bottled water is the only safe way to go.

Bob